The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes, you are probably right. I have no evidence whatsoever that this is to do with immigration. Just a hunch.

You're quoting a specific type of immigration, "mass unchecked" were the terms you used. Presumably to sustain your narrative that the EU's "freedom of movement" is a ridiculous thing that is at the root of such events.

I am merely pointing out that there are other forms of immigration - that we have always had control of our borders over - and thank god for that, otherwise without all those checks we could have been letting all sorts in from Asia, Africa and sundry other non-EU territories.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nah. its just another reminder that the EU are very out of touch and if they thought open borders and mass unchecked immigration was a good idea they were sadly mistaken.

Interesting. What about the 2 nurses singled out by Bojo for the care he received whilst in ICU at Saint Thomas, should they be allowed to stay ?

I am wondering if he's thinking about that whilst recovering at Checkers.

Just now, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Interesting. What about the 2 nurses singled out by Bojo for the care he received whilst in ICU at Saint Thomas, should they be allowed to stay ?

I am not aware of any major fundamental differences between the cultures of Britain/New Zealand/Portugal.

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I would imagine as two qualified nurses they would always have been able to stay if there was a position for there skills.  If I was a qualified nurse I would imagine New Zealand would be quite happy to accept me in reverse. Not much to think about really.

I am thinking about why our prime minister is recovering in his holiday home rather than normal residence. If someone had this virus in such a nasty fashion as Boris, I'm not sure going to recuperate at there static van in South Wales would be looked on favourably.  Politicians should lead by example if they expect others to -correctly- do the same.

23 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I would imagine as two qualified nurses they would always have been able to stay if there was a position for there skills.  If I was a qualified nurse I would imagine New Zealand would be quite happy to accept me in reverse. Not much to think about really.

Not if they don't earn the minimum. I think it's planned to be set at £26k per year, which is probably above a lot of nurses' salary levels (and so it should be - that's our taxes being spent right there). Kick them out I say - we've got British lads on dole queues who'd love to do that job. Why pay that money when it probably goes overseas anyway - keep it in the country.  I'm with Boris - round of applause for freezing the greedy NHS workers pay in 2017.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seems to be a clash of cultures to me...

Which cultures? UK v Belgium?

In which case do you not think such a thing could have happened here? A young man "allegedly" tries to evade police, crashes into a police vehicle and loses his life. Or, the possible alternative, police get it wrong and due their actions, an innocent person loses his life. Either way, protests result including stoning of police (or whatever the rioters did). Do you honestly not think either of these could happen in the UK? Maybe not in rural Derbyshire but probably in certain areas of a big city such as London, Manchester or Birmingham. 

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

In which case do you not think such a thing could have happened here? A young man "allegedly" tries to evade police, crashes into a police vehicle and loses his life. Or, the possible alternative, police get it wrong and due their actions, an innocent person loses his life. Either way, protests result including stoning of police (or whatever the rioters did). Do you honestly not think either of these could happen in the UK? Maybe not in rural Derbyshire but probably in certain areas of a big city such as London, Manchester or Birmingham. 

Happened to that young Brazilian guy Jean Charles de Menezes in London. 

Shot for running from the met and hurdling the barrier at the tube station. 

No rioting mind. In fact the commander, cressida dick has since been promoted to chief constable. That'll learn all those illegals....

36 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Not if they don't earn the minimum. I think it's planned to be set at £26k per year, which is probably above a lot of nurses' salary levels (and so it should be - that's our taxes being spent right there). Kick them out I say - we've got British lads on dole queues who'd love to do that job. Why pay that money when it probably goes overseas anyway - keep it in the country.  I'm with Boris - round of applause for freezing the greedy NHS workers pay in 2017.

I think your getting a bit excitable there regarding salary cap. If there is a skill shortage in any area, any country will look to fill the gap even if it's temporary. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

No Belgium against other cultures, perhaps not compatible with the Western world.

Yes, of course it could happen in UK, in my lifetime I think it has happened twice already, The Broadwater Farm Riots and the London riots in 2013.

I just do not see how importing lots of people that do not agree with Western values into areas where many are going to contribute anything to society, and will therefore be looked down upon by existing inhabitants, can lead to anything but animosity and eventually trouble.

Just my opinion and happy for you to take it to pieces.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I am not aware of any major fundamental differences between the cultures of Britain/New Zealand/Portugal.

It isn't about the culture it is about getting the amount of point and minimum salary required to work and stay here. These 2 are already here and chances are have qualified for residency status. The problem could be the nurses/medical staff/carers/surgeons/etc... of tomorrow required to fill vacancies. 

6 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

It isn't about the culture it is about getting the amount of point and minimum salary required to work and stay here. These 2 are already here and chances are have qualified for residency status. The problem could be the nurses/medical staff/carers/surgeons/etc... of tomorrow required to fill vacancies. 

But that doesn't really relate to anything that you quoted me on in the first instance.

My stance always has been, and always will be, that I have absolutely zilch problem with anyone being allowed into the country that is prepared to abide by the law, uphold our values, adapt to our culture, integrate into our society and contribute to our system. I don't think that is too much to ask is it?

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No Belgium against other cultures, perhaps not compatible with the Western world.

Yes, of course it could happen in UK, in my lifetime I think it has happened twice already, The Broadwater Farm Riots and the London riots in 2013.

I just do not see how importing lots of people that do not agree with Western values into areas where many are going to contribute anything to society, and will therefore be looked down upon by existing inhabitants, can lead to anything but animosity and eventually trouble.

Just my opinion and happy for you to take it to pieces.

Good to see prejudice is alive and kicking. Good job we never see any good old white British causing any problems.

2 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Not if they don't earn the minimum. I think it's planned to be set at £26k per year, which is probably above a lot of nurses' salary levels (and so it should be - that's our taxes being spent right there). 

That's not true at all. But don't let that stop you. You can't even be bothered to look into what it is. You've just take the position it's bad. 

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

But that doesn't really relate to anything that you quoted me on in the first instance.

My stance always has been, and always will be, that I have absolutely zilch problem with anyone being allowed into the country that is prepared to abide by the law, uphold our values, adapt to our culture, integrate into our society and contribute to our system. I don't think that is too much to ask is it?

What are 'our' values, culture and society though?

I bet mine are different to my brother's let alone someone from a different class or from a different race. I very much doubt whether I want to uphold some other peoples values, likewise them with mine. 

50 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Good to see prejudice is alive and kicking. Good job we never see any good old white British causing any problems.

Who was my post prejudiced against exactly?

Can you point me to the posts where I mentioned skin colour?

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Happened to that young Brazilian guy Jean Charles de Menezes in London. 

Shot for running from the met and hurdling the barrier at the tube station. 

No rioting mind. In fact the commander, cressida dick has since been promoted to chief constable. That'll learn all those illegals....

He over stayed his Visa, Police said he fitted the description of a terrorist they were looking for, Most likely reason he was on his toes was he thought they were arresting him for immigration purposes, Shot on the Tube as he had a backpack/rucksack, Very unfortunate circumstances after London bombing.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Who was my post prejudiced against exactly?

Can you point me to the posts where I mentioned skin colour?

Errr. People from other countries and different cultures. To quote you:

I just do not see how importing lots of people that do not agree with Western values into areas where many are going to contribute anything to society, and will therefore be looked down upon by existing inhabitants

You do know don't you that prejudice isn't just about colour?

22 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

I bet mine are different to my brother's let alone someone from a different class or from a different race. I very much doubt whether I want to uphold some other peoples values, likewise them with mine. 

I did think as I was typing, I wonder if anyone will pick me up on this!

I think the fact that people no longer no our values and culture shows how far they have been eroded!

Personally, I think the main values that our country should stand for are democracy, equality and integration.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Errr. People from other countries and different cultures. To quote you:

You do know don't you that prejudice isn't just about colour?

So all people from Britain are white and everyone from outside of Britain is non white? You learn something new every day.

Yes, I know exactly what prejudice means, can you please highlight the parts of my quote that were prejudiced?

28 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

British values. ?? ?? ?? 

The Queen, Prince Charles, Prince Andrew. Boris and Maggie. The SAS. Winning two world wars. Up yours Delors. Sinking retreating enemy ships. Shoot to kill suspected terrorists. Kicking striking miners heads in with cavalry and batons. Blue passports. Roast beef and gravy. Leather on willow. Big Brave Soldiers. 

Everything that makes this country great. 

Archived