The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I can just imagine what will happen when people start downloading the app. You will get people putting in they had covid-19 'just to see what happens', and then by the time my mums got hold of it and tried to ring me one day then realised shes been pressing the wrong buttons and registered the entire street as having covid-19....

Can't happen that way, even for the lulz. There will be a unique confirmation code which you would need in order to to register your "I've had it" details, and that would correspond to the details you were given relating to the results of your test. 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Can't happen that way, even for the lulz. There will be a unique confirmation code which you would need in order to to register your "I've had it" details, and that would correspond to the details you were given relating to the results of your test. 

you haven't seen my parents with technology,  things that shouldn't happen do.

10 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

It was good to see most of them had their faces covered up, so at least they're doing their bit to stop the spread of the virus. You wouldn't see our rioters doing that

I did think that when I watched it.

Most of them were 6 feet apart to so maybe the EU are doing much better than I've made out.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have a look at the people rioting...

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Have a look at the people rioting...

Any images in particular? Do they contradict the claim that it was all triggered by the death I described which, if a true account, could well have happened in any EU or none EU country.

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Any images in particular? Do they contradict the claim that it was all triggered by the death I described which, if a true account, could well have happened in any EU or none EU country.

Have a look for yourself, plenty of videos on the internet, although the MSM don't appear to be reporting it for some reason.

Not sure about the true account. Although not sure how you get knocked off a bike if you are in lockdown?

Just read on the internet:-

The 19 year old was riding a scooter when he was stopped by police for a check on his movements. He instead tried to escape, and later died when he drove into a police car while riding on the wrong side of the road.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What is the point of the app then?

To let you know that people that you are not interacting with have got the virus?

Maybe the app will become more useful when restrictions are lifted. The virus isn’t going away so, there is a good chance it will flair up again. 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Have a look for yourself, plenty of videos on the internet, although the MSM don't appear to be reporting it for some reason.

Not sure about the true account. Although not sure how you get knocked off a bike if you are in lockdown?

I’m assuming this individual wasn’t observing the lockdown hence why the police were chasing him.

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m assuming this individual wasn’t observing the lockdown hence why the police were chasing him.

Yes it appears there may have been a mistake though:-

Adil was a very calm young man, always smiling and full of life,” his aunt told Sudinfo. “He was liked by everyone, his family, his friends. He was a boy without problems, a diabetic of fragile health.”

As usual it appears that he was one of the good guys who appeared to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and obviously had no reason to be fleeing the police.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Adil was a very calm young man, always smiling and full of life,” his aunt told Sudinfo. “He was liked by everyone, his family, his friends. He was a boy without problems, a diabetic of fragile health.”

As usual it appears that he was one of the good guys who appeared to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and obviously had no reason to be fleeing the police.

Is Sudinfo Belgium’s equivalent of Inside Soap Magazine?

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Depends which account you believe. I suspect we’ll never know but other accounts seem to indicate he was evading police. 

The police are bound to say one thing to support their side of the story but, on the other hand his aunt is hardly an impartial voice. He might well have been an innocent lad in the wrong place at the wrong time but his aunt is hardly likely to say anything different.

Whatever the truth, another tragic loss of life that then resulted in some civil unrest no doubt made worse by the pent up frustration of the lockdown. My point was though that this could just as easily have happened in London (regardless of which side the blame lies) and therefore has nothing to do with what you call The European Project”.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Depends which account you believe. I suspect we’ll never know but other accounts seem to indicate he was evading police. 

The police are bound to say one thing to support their side of the story but, on the other hand his aunt is hardly an impartial voice. He might well have been an innocent lad in the wrong place at the wrong time but his aunt is hardly likely to say anything different.

Whatever the truth, another tragic loss of life that then resulted in some civil unrest no doubt made worse by the pent up frustration of the lockdown. My point was though that this could just as easily have happened in London (regardless of which side the blame lies) and therefore has nothing to do with what you call The European Project”.

Seems to be a clash of cultures to me...

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seems to be a clash of cultures to me...

Another great reason to leave the EU. It'll be like a paradise here, no violence on the streets, coppers giving a clip round the ear to the ne'er do wells, cricket on the green and lashings of ginger beer. Can't wait.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Another great reason to leave the EU. It'll be like a paradise here, no violence on the streets, coppers giving a clip round the ear to the ne'er do wells, cricket on the green and lashings of ginger beer. Can't wait.

Nah. its just another reminder that the EU are very out of touch and if they thought open borders and mass unchecked immigration was a good idea they were sadly mistaken.

48 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I wonder if the app is really aimed at the post lockdown period?

I think the app’s aimed at limiting the loss of life while helping us move more safely out of lockdown.

There are very few good options before a vaccine turns up in a year or so.

It would be good to have a drug that’s highly effective in moderating the impact of the virus in those already infected. However, we don’t have a drug like that yet.

Another option, and one that has already worked well in places like South Korea, is widespread and regular community testing to identify cases as early as possible followed by good methods of contact tracing.

Here’s where the app comes in. No one method of contact tracing is perfect but the use of a mobile phone app is probably one the more efficient and effective ways. There are other methods, such as credit card payments, rail card and oyster card use, and other electronic trails, that could be used together in different combinations to map out a person’s movements and make contact tracing even more effective. All contacts then need to go into isolation in order to limit the spread of the virus and, obviously, limit the loss of life.

The most critical community to start this widespread testing would be those working with (or likely to be in contact with) the elderly and other groups at higher risk. The list of those needing regular testing would be long and it would involve large numbers of health staff, social care staff, informal carers, other people in regular contact, family members and so on.

However, I think it unlikely that many on this list would object to being regularly tested (on maybe a daily basis) or object to downloading an app for contact tracing - as long as they knew the information was to be used in a constructive, positive and directed way for the duration of the crisis to protect the vulnerable people that they’re in contact with.

It would still take a huge effort and a very large number of self-test kits as well as the app, but the hope would be that focusing on and providing protection for that (relatively smaller) community around the most vulnerable would enable the rest of the (larger) community to start moving out of lock down and start getting the economy ticking over again.

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Nah. its just another reminder that the EU are very out of touch and if they thought open borders and mass unchecked immigration was a good idea they were sadly mistaken.

Sorry, why is "mass unchecked immigration" the cause of this as opposed to any other kind of non-EU originated immigration, of which there is plenty - in this country and others?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Sorry, why is "mass unchecked immigration" the cause of this as opposed to any other kind of non-EU originated immigration, of which there is plenty - in this country and others?

Yes, you are probably right. I have no evidence whatsoever that this is to do with immigration. Just a hunch.

Archived