The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Don’t forget looks. I'll stand up for Priti as, as has been mentioned, at least she's attractive enough to have sexual relations with. That makes up for it a bit. 

Isn't that why Jeremy gave Abbott a job? 

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

I doubt posh Tories have had many doors closed to them over the years. And whilst it could be harsh to criticise them purely for being posh or loaded, it's fair to question if their life experiences are ideal to be in government. Fair play for Johnson for pretty much making Mogg disappear after his abysmal comments on Grenfell tragedy, comments that seem to come from a profound lack of knowledge of normal life.  Telling people that it's wrong to have abortions after rape is easier if your experience is having loads of hired help to bring up children in your family.

You do realise this is because of his religious beliefs dont you? Nothing to do with him being white, Conservative or posh.

There are still lots of people I know who just like laughing at black people for being black. Maybe their watermelon smiles are just funny. Or Indians for their funny voices or Chinese people for their different eyes. Combine this with a serious/valid criticism and you are onto a winner.

Who are these people and what did the police say when you reported them?

Whilst memes from the left may often laugh at the wealth of top Tories, I can't remember many that are overly focused towards non-white males. If they are created in the first place, I would hope they are not really shared. During the lockdown, I've still been sent Diane Abbott memes from comments in the past.

I've seen articles wishing death to Boris Johnson, I've seen an article on Dominic Raabs comments from 10 years ago...what exactly is your point?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

It just isn't though, its completely in your head.

She gets stick because of the rubbish she comes out with, nothing to do with the colour of her skin, maybe a bit more because of the party she represents.

I think Boris gets a lot of stick. Not because he is white with a silly haircut but because he comes across as a bumbling buffoon, because he went to Eton and because of the party he represents.

Nonsense. 

Its because he lies, has been been demonstrably incompetent and shifts position more often than an amoeba.

That's why he gets stick. Hes in power, so his manifest shortcomings have consequences. 

The past gaffs of Diane Abbott are still mocked, as shown by resent posts on this site. Priti Patel's recent gaff may or may not get mocked to the same extent as Ms Abbott's. These are what they are, gaffs. 

What we all should be calling out our politicians for, namely the present Prime Minister and his cabinet, aren't a few gaffs but their complete inability, in how they dealt with making sure the country was ready in coping with the coronavirus.  

It's these serious failing of our government that should concern us more than a few minor gaffs.

6 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

The past gaffs of Diane Abbott are still mocked, as shown by resent posts on this site. Priti Patel's recent gaff may or may not get mocked to the same extent as Ms Abbott's. These are what they are, gaffs. 

What we all should be calling out our politicians for, namely the present Prime Minister and his cabinet, aren't a few gaffs but their complete inability, in how they dealt with making sure the country was ready in coping with the coronavirus.  

It's these serious failing of our government that should concern us more than a few minor gaffs.

Got to admit it is amazing when all of the rest of the world were obviously so adequately prepared for it.

Questions do need to be asked and we need to be sure that the same mistakes dont happen again, isnt that how you help improve society?

27 minutes ago, Norman said:

Isn't that why Jeremy gave Abbott a job? 

I think it's just indicative of his complete unsuitability for office. Not even good looking, how would that look on the world stage? Thank god we have Boris, who knows how to pull. God save the Queen ?

27 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Nonsense. 

Its because he lies, has been been demonstrably incompetent and shifts position more often than an amoeba.

That's why he gets stick. Hes in power, so his manifest shortcomings have consequences. 

A politician that has lied? ?

53 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Don’t forget looks. I'll stand up for Priti as, as has been mentioned, at least she's attractive enough to have sexual relations with. That makes up for it a bit. 

I'm not so sure. In some pictures she looks attractive, but on others she's not. 

Maybe she photo's better from one side than the other, I'd guess the left.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I don't think her skin colour had anything to do with her being bad at maths - that's more of a Hermstein and Murray thing.

Are you referring to Herrnstein and Murray. Weren’t Hermstein and Murray our doubles pairing in the Davies Cup?

1 hour ago, GboroRam said:

Are these involuntary erections?

1 hour ago, ramit said:

They are hardly both good points, if you add a but.  History would indicate that the answer to your first questions would be no,   After 9/11 and 7/7 for instance, new anti terrorism laws were set, removing civil liberties which were formerly held and they seem to be as permanent as the war on terror, otherwise known as the war of terror. 

It is still unproven how this pandemic we are in came about.  Some might snicker at that statement and that's their choice, but i choose to keep my options open and not blindly trust those who have repeatedly misused the trust given to them.  Perhaps these measures are sensible and i am not the fool to take any chances with the health of my loved ones, or other innocents i might infect by behaving irresponsibly.  Still, i can see how an emergency such as this could be and probably would be taken advantage of by governments and the big money behind them.

i have no intention of getting into a long discussion about this, my views are clear.

They were good points generally. IMO irrelevant to current situation.

It is definitely and undeniably unproven how the pandemic came about. That does not mean we get to fill in the blanks with whatever takes our fancy and expect to be taken seriously.

14 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Are you referring to Herrnstein and Murray. Weren’t Hermstein and Murray our doubles pairing in the Davies Cup?

Hope not. I voted Brexit so we wouldnt have anyone with a name like Herrnstein representing us anymore.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Another rich white man to attack...be careful...

No way. Too much attention has been given to ethnic minorities. Time to remember everyone else, otherwise that's just racism. Which doesn't exist any more, can't understand why those bloody lefties can't just leave it. 

Archived