v Barnsley (H) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

HT 1-0.

Marriott should have four goals. But at least he managed one. Rooney with a fabulous delivery; and Marriott will be relieved he's not going into half time with their last interaction being Rooney tearing him a new one for his last miss.

Lowe our best player. Holmes putting in another shift. 

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Derbados said:

Marriott and Martin arguing as they went down the tunnell

Martin was smiling; so I think Marriott was reacting to some banter 

First job of a striker is to get himself into a scoring position, the second job is scoring from it, the more often he manages the first requirement the greater his chances of scoring a goal.

Free info, no need to thank me

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Martin congratulating Marriott on the way into the tunnel was nice to see. 

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Marriott and Martin arguing as they went down the tunnell

Yeah it was definitely some banter Marriott was reacting to, but Martin patted him on his head and had a smile on his face. To me it looked friendly and Martin was there supporting him. 

Big goal for Marriott, looked totally shot of confidence, our best finisher looking like he couldn't hit a barn door from 5 yards. Goes to show if you keep putting yourself in the positions it will come. Hope he can kick on now. Nice for Rooney to get a monkey off his back too with a first assist.

If we had a decent strikeforce we’d be 4-0 up here. Had a hatful of good chances we’ve wasted, both that we’ve created and that we’ve been gifted. I fear we’ll live to regret Marriotts earlier misses, but lets hope not. Lowe, Knight and Holmes have both been excellent, just need to be careful as we’re losing the ball in dangerous positions sometimes, and they’ll punish us more than we have done to them if we keep gifting them possession in our half.

We more than deserve that lead though based on the chances we’ve had.

Archived