Your Derby County XI of the decade!

Bubbles

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

That was 20 years ago mate ? Don't worry, you're not the only one who keeps doing that - I still find it amazing it's not 2009

Are you telling me it's not 1969 anymore?

If it is, it would have to be 

Green

Webster

Robson

Mackay

McFarland

McGovern

Carlin

Durban

Hector 

O'Hare 

Hinton

Sub

Wignall

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant - As good a shot stopper as Carson, better with his feet. Thought of less fondly than he should be due to his mad spell in the 14/15 run in, when he was playing through injury. 

Bogle - Brings the ball out as well as Brayford or Christie used to. He only has five assists fewer in one and a half seasons than the rest of our right-backs this decade combined. 

Keogh - not much to say. Best ball-playing centre-half in the division. 

Bucko - that bit of dirtiness and physicality that Derby team needed. Gets in because of his absolutely ridiculous range of passing with either foot. 

Fozzy - again, little competition. Always immense defensively. Inconsistent on the ball but his crossing from deep when on song was a joke. 

Thorne - for fifteen games he was the best thing I’ve seen in this division. Big, strong, won the ball, read the game, passed through the lines, hit diagonals, over the top, through-balls, could shoot from distance, played that role to perfection. Still top end Championship quality in 15/16. Thought Rowett threw him under the bus in 17/18.

Hughes - made us tick for three seasons. Nobody could get the ball off of him, you could give him a tennis ball and five men after him and he’d still come out playing football. At his best for a brief spell after his ACL when Wassall gave him freedom to just play and not worry about his role in he team. 

Bryson - his running was always greatly unappreciated as ‘just working hard’. He would make a conveyer belt of runs into the inside left channel that would stretch the game for the rest of the team. His goals and assists in 13/14 shouldn’t have been a one off. 

Ince - some say he ruined the balance of the team but he and Bent almost single handedly dragged us into the play-offs in 14/15. You can’t really argue with 55 goals+assists in 115 games as a winger.

Martin - a wonderfully creative and technical footballer who was the pivot of that McClaren side. For two seasons his goal scoring was a joke when you take into account how much he brings to general play. He’s got 100 goals+assists in 205 games for us. 

Ward - went some way to replacing the void left my Commons in 10/11. Our only creative spark for a season and half before the team started to come together. Goal ever other game in 12/13 as we started to look a side. His influence wained under McClaren but he was still a handy member of that side.

Disclaimer: I’d have gone for Russell but he was always a bit crap on the left. 

Grant

Bogle     Keogh      Tomori      Fozzy

Thorne

Mount                  Hughes

Ward             Martin        Wilson

Honourable mentions to Bucko, Bryson, Russell, Ince and Vydra.

Carson

Brayford      Barker     Keogh      Fozzy

Eustace

Ince            Bryson       Commons

Vydra

Martin

Went for a no loanee approach

6 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

Are you telling me it's not 1969 anymore?

If it is, it would have to be 

Green

Webster

Robson

Mackay

McFarland

McGovern

Carlin

Durban

Hector 

O'Hare 

Hinton

Sub

Wignall

That is still the greatest ever team in my opinion. 

Archived