v Reading (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some really strange refereeing decisions. Why was Malone given a red card? Loads of dives from Reading and the ref has said nothing. Fouls on our players running through no yellow cards foul in the middle of the park on a Reading player yellow card given. Apart from that we’re not doing bad for saying we’ve only got ten men. I hope I’m singing that at the end.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Derby losing away from home without scoring a goal? Nah, I don’t believe it. Seems we’ve actually not played too badly, what a shame we started a complete muppet who’s a walking red card hey Cocu?

FWIW, I don’t think Waghorn can do a lot better with that chance. I’m not 100% sure it’s a pen, looks like a potential dive to me. Difficult to tell from that angle. Certainly not a goal kick though.

I'm standing behind it, clear pen.

What did Malone do ? To far from where we are.

Just now, Van der MoodHoover said:

I worry now that having created the conditions for a good rousing tub-thumping halftime talk, we'll get some cerebral analysis from Phillip with a couple of unnecessary tactical tweaks..

....and go on to lose by 2 or 3...?

I laugh, but inside i'm crying

Watching the Reading penalty - Forsyth needs to do much better and have better awareness.

His attempt at a tackle was so soft. If the other team is suddenly in possession unexpectedly foul the guy, break up the play and allow your team to get back set up.

Its just diabolical. Malone needs dropping and permanently, Forsyth needs removing from centre back for sure. I appreciate we have no other options at the moment but the lack of intelligence from some of our players is so so poor.

Just now, angieram said:

Can someone explain sending off rule for me? Surely the penalty and a booking was enough? 

PS Definitely a penalty against Knight too but ref didn't even think about it.

Deliberate foul, so its a red. 

Just now, AdamRam said:

I'm standing behind it, clear pen.

What did Malone do ? To far from where we are.

Malone shoved the guy in the back. Clear penalty and IMO did stop a clear shot at goal. So penalty and red.

The Derby pen looks like a pen on TV as well but only a yellow due to double jeopardy.

I am only watching the snippets of highlights but this is what I can see.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Can someone explain sending off rule for me? Surely the penalty and a booking was enough? 

PS Definitely a penalty against Knight too but ref didn't even think about it.

PPS At least sending off got Lowe on pitch. Should have started him imo! 

Committing a foul when the last man is still a red card unless it conceded a penalty and is a genuine attempt to win the ball.

His foul conceded a penalty, but made no effort to win the ball. So red card still applies. 

Basically Malone's an imbecile. 

Archived