Lampard after Given again

Will the Ram

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe he didn’t come in specifically as a GK coach. If I remember right, in his intro video he says his role will be working with the first team more generally. 

I’m sure someone on here will have the time go back and watch the video to check. 

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

I believe he didn’t come in specifically as a GK coach. If I remember right, in his intro video he says his role will be working with the first team more generally. 

I’m sure someone on here will have the time go back and watch the video to check. 

No need, memory of it is pretty clear, you're right. He definitely talked about not wanting to come in and just work with goalkeepers, but the defenders (were specifically mentioned) and other outfield players too. 

Surprised he didn’t go there in the first place with Lampard, not sure why Chelsea wanted to force coaches onto Lampard rather than letting him have his own team. He’s committed to being a part of our new coaching staff under Cocu now though, so you’d think this would come too late and he’ll stay here.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Surprised he didn’t go there in the first place with Lampard, not sure why Chelsea wanted to force coaches onto Lampard rather than letting him have his own team. He’s committed to being a part of our new coaching staff under Cocu now though, so you’d think this would come too late and he’ll stay here.

Unless Cocu's happy for him to go, of course. 

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Unless Cocu's happy for him to go, of course. 

Well I’m not sure he’d really have much choice in the matter if the approach came in. There’s definitely an argument to suggest potentially that Given is not having the best influence on our goalkeepers, with Roos current form and Carson before him- but equally if he does leave, then Cocu has to find a new goalie coach from somewhere that he can work with, which may or may not be easy.

Archived