Lampard after Given again

Will the Ram

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Yes, I believe he was offered a more junior role with Chelsea youth setup, but decided to stay at Derby. 

I assumed he'd turned it down cos it was too far south - Footballer of his age probably has kids in school and in his entire career the furthest south he's moved is Birmingham - I suspect he chooses his moves for that reason as much as anything else, but we shall see

38 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Well I’m not sure he’d really have much choice in the matter if the approach came in. There’s definitely an argument to suggest potentially that Given is not having the best influence on our goalkeepers, with Roos current form and Carson before him- but equally if he does leave, then Cocu has to find a new goalie  from somewhere that he can work with, which may or may not be easy.

FTFY

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well I’m not sure he’d really have much choice in the matter if the approach came in. There’s definitely an argument to suggest potentially that Given is not having the best influence on our goalkeepers, with Roos current form and Carson before him- but equally if he does leave, then Cocu has to find a new goalie coach from somewhere that he can work with, which may or may not be easy.

Could ask Lee Camp.  He's about up to the job of making a goalie even worse

Imagine he is a really great coach pulling up massive trees....how poor are our keepers ?

He has quite a big media presence...always comes over as a 'nice' bloke, not much else.

Feels to me with Roos that the 'instinctive' or natural stuff  (shot-stopping, kicking) is fine...but the 'trainable' areas (dead-balls, positional stuff, risk taking) is where Roos suffers. 

So can't say I given a damn if he goes. 

Wouldn’t be too concerned either way, can’t say our goalkeepers have come on much since he’s been here. I’m sure he’d argue you can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear but if there’s no tangible improvement what is his worth?? I’m sure there’s better out there. 

Archived