Best seats to not get wet

Queensland Ram

G'day!

I'm coming over from Australia at Christmas to watch some footy.  When I buy my tickets for Pride Park how many rows up from the pitch do I need to be to stop me from getting wet if it's raining?

I know it depends on the rain and the direction and all that, but the missus and kids are going to be p@@sed if I make them sit in the wet, and I don't want to sit right at the back as my eyes are getting on a bit.   Most of the tickets on general sale are going to be at the front or back of the stands or the corners, and it's been a few years now since I've visited so I can't remember.

We are only used to warm wet, not freezing cold wet.

Thanks everyone!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest it may not be a concern,  with how this season is going i am fully expecting next weeks drama to be 'hoofed clearance in Derby game sees ball hit previously undiscovered weak spot in pride park stadium stand causing whole stadium to collapse'

Was once on 3rd row of west stand, (just a one game seat change) and the seats were wet.  Even when it stopped raining, the drips continued from the roof edge high above.  I'd say avoid the front 3 or 4 rows "for vertical rain!".

Anywhere in the upper tier(s) should see you all stay dry, and just about be able to see the pitch markings at the far end.

This is a generic Google photo, but pretty much taken from my aisle seat in the NE Corner (Row L). 
Even the front row (A) of the upper tier (See the white handrail/barrier) would remain dry, whilst of course, bring the pitch closer for your eyesight.

I'd say front of upper tier would be perfect for you... preferably East Stand, Halfway line (Opposite to the tunnel) for optimum view and dryness!

Don't dismiss options towards the back of the lower tier either.  Could mean fewer steps, and I doubt they get wet outside of exceptional circumstances (only guessing though!)  

There is no guarantee of dry seats in the West Stand, but they are old, and can't help themselves!  It could happen to us all, one day! ?

Pride-Park-Stadium.jpg

8 hours ago, Queensland Ram said:

G'day!

I'm coming over from Australia at Christmas to watch some footy.  When I buy my tickets for Pride Park how many rows up from the pitch do I need to be to stop me from getting wet if it's raining?

I know it depends on the rain and the direction and all that, but the missus and kids are going to be p@@sed if I make them sit in the wet, and I don't want to sit right at the back as my eyes are getting on a bit.   Most of the tickets on general sale are going to be at the front or back of the stands or the corners, and it's been a few years now since I've visited so I can't remember.

We are only used to warm wet, not freezing cold wet.

Thanks everyone!

The phrase over here is "p@@sed off"!  Just "being p@@sed" is a totally different thing, and very much frowned upon here at DCFC!

#you'rewelcome

3 minutes ago, sage said:

It's easy. Just get an Upper Tier ticket.

I sit in the upper tier and have got wet twice in 22 years sitting in the same seat - once when the rain was blowing horiziontally into the stand and the other time was not long after the ground opened and water dripped through the roof (thankfully fixed fairly quickly)

@angieram, in response to your angry face, I appreciate things are a little tense at the moment, here at DCFC, but my line about the west stand inhabitants was of course intended solely as a joke, merely to lighten the mood, as it were.  I could just as easily have advised the OP not to sit in the NE corner if he prefers to sing, or not to sit in the South Stand if he prefers to sit down all game.  Indeed, I could have advised not to sit anywhere other than the front row, unless he is happy to have his view spoiled by those tootling along gangways, aisles, and exit routes whilst the game is only 78 mins old!

Anyway, I've written it now, and if it has backfired, then on my head be it.  Clearly too late to apologise now, so I won't. 
Enjoy the game later... from your obviously dry, if not a little serious, position.  Let's hope we're all laughing come 17:50 this evening.

xx 

Where's the fun in limiting yourself?

Wind and heavy rain/Sleat borderline downpour with the temperature dropping several degrees as the game goes on and you get soaked and frozen to the bone whilst the team fail to respond to the mounting boos by trying harder as the away side cruise to a two nil win is essential to understanding the English game.

go for the first couple of rows in the North stand.

Archived