Bogle on the right wing

GrimsbyRam

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I can’t get Wisdom performance at Leeds in January out of my mind when ever anyone suggests him back in the team.

Agree that Josephmoon should be out though.

Lowe was worse and still got over it.

That doesn't mean that I think we should be moving Bogle further up. For me, Holmes has to play. I wouldn't want to break up the pairing of Bielik and Shinnie just yet though, so Holmes would go on the right, where he can buzz off Chris Martin. He was absolutely outstanding in that position against Southampton in the cup at home.

32 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Though, as I say, he’s better than Josefzoon.

Yes we can all agree on that one. Zoon never does anything positive, as soon as he gets the ball he passes back. Not what a winger does. As soon as Holmes gets the ball he runs at defenders. Now that is what a winger does.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

The odd decent one doesn’t mean he’s good at crossing. Though, as I say, he’s better than Josefzoon.

The first 2 chances we had against Birmingham were crosses from Holmes on the right flank into Martin. He also played primarily as a winger for Scunthorpe. 

Think you're being a tad harsh there, Holmes' delivery seems pretty solid to me

When we talk about attacking full backs I think of the partnership between Brayford/Coutts a few years back. Both were capable wingers and defenders equally. 

What we're lacking is a player that can play the 'Coutts' role ahead of Bogle, that's able to track back and cover too. Holmes can/has played RB so it'd make sense to have those two playing interchangeably. 

18 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

The first 2 chances we had against Birmingham were crosses from Holmes on the right flank into Martin. He also played primarily as a winger for Scunthorpe. 

Think you're being a tad harsh there, Holmes' delivery seems pretty solid to me

Yeah he had a good game in that respect against brum, but accross his Derby career he’s been pretty shocking at it. Maybe he’s improving idk, main point wasn’t to criticise Holmes- more that, contary to Scunthorpe, I see him more as a CM.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah he had a good game in that respect against brum, but accross his Derby career he’s been pretty shocking at it. Maybe he’s improving idk, main point wasn’t to criticise Holmes- more that, contary to Scunthorpe, I see him more as a CM.

Maybe as a #8 beyond Shinnie and Bielik but not sure he's physical enough for a traditional CM. With the 4231, the 3 are fairly interchangeable which is why i'd have him there so he can operate centrally or out wide, depending on the situation.

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

Maybe as a #8 beyond Shinnie and Bielik but not sure he's physical enough for a traditional CM. With the 4231, the 3 are fairly interchangeable which is why i'd have him there so he can operate centrally or out wide, depending on the situation.

Fair enough, I think he’s fine in a 433 myself, but he’s definitely not in the 2 in a 4231 which is more important at this moment in time. As I said in another thread, id probably play him wide with our lack of options out there, but I still prefer him driving through the middle.

6 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

When we talk about attacking full backs I think of the partnership between Brayford/Coutts a few years back. Both were capable wingers and defenders equally. 

What we're lacking is a player that can play the 'Coutts' role ahead of Bogle, that's able to track back and cover too. Holmes can/has played RB so it'd make sense to have those two playing interchangeably. 

That works in a 442 but not so much a 433 (or similar) 

Paterson does the running for Martin in this system. Cannot move him to wing and not expect there to be an affect. He does a hell of a lot of running.

Bogle should never be on the wing, just as Keogh should never be in defensive midfield, Huddlestone at centre back or Conor Sammon a professional footballer.

Alright lads,

Bored as a beetroot with no club football although its only been since saturday.

Thought I'd start a debate... Bogle on the wing

Why not, could be good, could be average, could be bad, worth a shot? possibly...

His attacking qualities are top notch and we could play Lowe behind him.

Think it would be a good experiment.

Cheers

Also does anyone have any ideas on how to pass time for the next two weeks?

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

You can't be that bored, otherwise you'd have seen and contributed to the other thread with the same title from 2 days ago!

I guess most people have already had their say in that thread!

@Millenniumram is just too subtle for you!

ffs... came back off holiday last night.. didnt see that one. baalocks.

feel like a reyt **** *** now

Archived