Bogle on the right wing

GrimsbyRam

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

You could play a back three with Wisdom and use Lowe and Bogle as wing backs ,

Agree with this.  I think they’re both far better going forward and our play relies on them for the width.  The extra man at the back gives enough cover.  With the emergence of Shinnie Bielik could be an option in the back 3.  We’d also able to play 2 upfront.

Nah. Bogle is able to do the damage he does going forward because he’s a defender, and he comes charging at you unexpected. Stick him on the wing and he then has to wait to receive the ball, and will have much less space. He’s positionally pretty decent as a fullback. Never once looked like anything other than a RB to me, so not worth fiddling with, as poor as flojo has been. Waghorn needs to return there imo. Wisdom could yet be an option at centre half now he’s fit, we’ll see whether he suits.

26 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

The next game we should 100% see

bielik  shinnie

holmes pato lawrence

Martin 

That's definitely worth trying. I wouldn't mind to have Dowell in as well and Pato on the left instead of Lawrence.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Nah. Bogle is able to do the damage he does going forward because he’s a defender, and he comes charging at you unexpected. Stick him on the wing and he then has to wait to receive the ball, and will have much less space. He’s positionally pretty decent as a fullback. Never once looked like anything other than a RB to me, so not worth fiddling with, as poor as flojo has been. Waghorn needs to return there imo. Wisdom could yet be an option at centre half now he’s fit, we’ll see whether he suits.

If we’re replacing FloJo then Mitchell Lawson is the best direct replacement.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Nah. Bogle is able to do the damage he does going forward because he’s a defender, and he comes charging at you unexpected. Stick him on the wing and he then has to wait to receive the ball, and will have much less space

This is exactly right. If you want someone new on the right wing, put Holmes there. He can actually beat defenders and won't get shoved off the ball out wide.

11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

If we’re replacing FloJo then Mitchell Lawson is the best direct replacement.

Like for like then yeah, although I’m not convinced that we strictly need a direct replacement. I do rate JML mind, he’s looked good whenever I’ve seen him for the u23s. Probably deserves a place in the squad at least to see what he can do.

9 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

This is exactly right. If you want someone new on the right wing, put Holmes there. He can actually beat defenders and won't get shoved off the ball out wide.

Think that could well be a decent move, though I’m hesitant with Holmes out wide as he’s definitely better through the middle. He also can’t cross to save his life. But then again, neither can flojo, and Holmes can do a lot that flojo can’t, so he’s without doubt a better option. Prefer him in CM, but I think the lack of quality wingers may force our hand in playing him wide. 

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I can’t get Wisdom performance at Leeds in January out of my mind when ever anyone suggests him back in the team.

Agree that Josephmoon should be out though.

Whilst he was shocking at Leeds as were many others that day he did put in a MOM performance at left back at home vs Middlesbrough a few days earlier or later and we know wisdom can actually defend because we have seen him do it 

Archived