Hands up if you ever made a mistake

Alph

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

We are trying a team of top professionals and athletes. You cannot afford to carry a whole bunch of bad apples. The decision making is really easy.

keogh - out

lawrence - out

bennett - out

malone - out

huddlestone - out

Potentially add Martin and dowell to that as well as they were both there, dependent on how long they stayed

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Theres another video filmed by one of the group,that somehow made its way to The Sun, showing Malone comatose in a chair getting slapped by tom lawrence, which fails to revive him.

Oh no! Malone fell asleep. He should definitely be sacked. And probably burned for good measure. 

Just now, TigerTedd said:

duck me, we’ll have a squad of 6 at this rate. 

Innit, I thought a small group just meant those 3, but we’ve seen about 7 mentioned now! Granted some may not have been involved, hopefully the investigation by the club makes it clearer, but still- I hope in the mean time none are in the squad today

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Oh no! Malone fell asleep. He should definitely be sacked. And probably burned for good measure. 

Don’t forget that Martin, Forsyth, Buchanan and Dowell were also present in a pub on a Tuesday of all days. The club is rotten to the core I tell you. Pub on a Tuesday, you couldn’t make it up!!!

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Don’t forget that Martin, Forsyth, Buchanan and Dowell were also present in a pub on a Tuesday of all days. The club is rotten to the core I tell you. Pub on a Tuesday, you couldn’t make it up!!!

More name are getting added by the minute. Who's next? Who are we actually going to play today?

4 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

More name are getting added by the minute. Who's next? Who are we actually going to play today?

I was being flippant, because it seems to be suggested that anyone involved should be dropped/sacked/jailed/tortured/murdereddepending on the hysteria of whoever is posting.

But all of those named were pictured there

Its on a plate for Cocu, but he has to sieze the moment and show strong leadership. And start with a zero tolerance for the prime culprits. 

This is his moment, but i fear he is going to fluff it. 

5 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I was being flippant, because it seems to be suggested that anyone involved should be dropped/sacked/jailed/tortured/murdered depending on the hysteria of whoever is posting.

But all of those named were pictured there

I know you were fella.

18 hours ago, Norman said:

Is it? I can quite easily put away 10 pints on a night out. So can most of my friendship circle. I'd consider it to be normal. I only drink once a month as well. 

Funny isn't it when I was young with a 32 waist I could put away 10 pints no problem .Now with my waist size shall we say a bit bigger, 5 pints and I'm done just on capacity.

13 hours ago, Alaw said:

Some of the replies in this thread actually beggar belief. Are some of you really trying to justify and excuse what's happened to your club here???

No, quite right you are certainly not Leeds. Leeds' name was splashed over the front pages of every football page and website for days following "Spygate". Skysports had a field day with it for nearly two weeks and still refer to it now . This is, of course, bearing in mind that nobody broke any laws, nobody damaged any property and nobody caused or sustained any injuries and certainly no potentially career-ending injuries.  Sky has barely mentioned this incident, nor has the BBC and some of you are frothing at the mouth because the Mirror has dared to go into detail.

Don't trivialise this - the irresponsible and reprehensible behaviour of at least two, possibly more of your first team could have lead to people dying and you (and they - your players and club) are incredibly lucky that didn't happen. Instead your captain has lost at least one year of what's left of his career. Horrible as he is he didn't deserve that, stupid as he was to get into that car.

There is no way "Mel" will sack your two lead protagonists in all this because let's face it, he doesn't have any stadiums left to sell, so you're relatively safe there.

But it's ok, people make mistakes though, don't they? Applause to those of you who get that there is no excusing what's happened here. If it was Leeds I would be similarly ashamed and thoroughly mortified, believe that or not, I don't really care. 

Be thankful you're not a big club or you'd never, ever hear the end of it. 

Really moaning it’s not getting much press coverage ? Horrible player for what ? 

As I said, we dont want to be like Leeds fans....

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

I once fell asleep on the bog at an Indian restaurant whilst working away from home.  Not only did I miss a very highly reviewed madras (I ordered before "nipping to the loo"), the staff had to get "the special tool" out to open the cubicle door to rouse me from my drunken slumber at closing time.

For all the stick I got from my so-called work mates, for quite some time after, I considered a burning at the stake to have been a better outcome!

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Its on a plate for Cocu, but he has to sieze the moment and show strong leadership. And start with a zero tolerance for the prime culprits. 

Next time you go out and have a beer too many we must remind your boss to sack you.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

Next time you go out and have a beer too many we must remind your boss to sack you.

I'm not a professional athlete whose crass behaviour just wiped millions of the company asset values and injured an important company employee, who i abandoned at the scene. 

...but carry on taking the p....

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

I'm not a professional athlete whose crass behaviour just wiped millions of the company asset values and injured an important company employee, who i abandoned at the scene. 

...but carry on taking the p....

Malone to the best of my knowledge hasn't. Until hes proven to have been party to the drink driving episode then i dont see your point about him, or huddlestone.

If they are proven to have been involved in that then ok, but right now as far as we know they were having beers and a laugh with mates. Not a crime to the best of my knowledge even if you are a sportsman.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I get the sense that if it involved 5 more players you'd still want them all sacked or at least shunned. It's a moral issue and a matter of principle.

...even if it meant relegation, every little bit of FFP trickery catching up with us, administration, becoming the next Bolton, or Bury?

Obviously I'm not suggesting the getting rid of the specific players you want out of the picture would lead to all that, but where do you draw the line between sticking to moral standards and risking the very future of the club itself because a group of individuals can't behave themselves?

I'm not having a go at you btw, nothing wrong with having strong morals and you took a strong position in that regard when talking about that young lad who we wouldn't allow to sign for a league club. Just asking a question really.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Malone to the best of my knowledge hasn't. Until hes proven to have been party to the drink driving episode then i dont see your point about him, or huddlestone.

If they are proven to have been involved in that then ok, but right now as far as we know they were having beers and a laugh with mates. Not a crime to the best of my knowledge even if you are a sportsman.

Nice one,  try and change the subject of your attack.

i've been very clear. Suspend the main three - keogh, bennett, and lawrence pending the outcome of the investigation etc.

i said i would send huddlestone to run around Allestree Park on his own - for his stupidity re the videos.

all five would be out of the team if malone was totally bladdered - which is how it looks. 

Personally i don't think that these five players are the foundation which we can build a promotion team on, because they are clearly not dedicated, unprofessional,....(and crap anyway).

time to promote the next generation.

Archived