Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nah, pretty sure Davies is right footed. Just confortable on the left side.

Tbf, I’ve always had the weird notion that Jack Grealish is left footed. I don’t know why.

Ah fair enough, swap them round then, might actually be more balanced than I hoped! Was a bit of a stab in the dark but they may actually compliment each other.

That’s that weird stereotype where we all think skilful players are left footed. I get that sometimes as well, duck knows why!

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

Ah fair enough, swap them round then, might actually be more balanced than I hoped! Was a bit of a stab in the dark but they may actually compliment each other.

That’s that weird stereotype where we all think skilful players are left footed. I get that sometimes as well, duck knows why!

Don’t let any gammon hear you suggest that Grealish is skilful. They’ll lynch you.

Hamer

Bogle       Bielik       Clarke       Lowe

Hudd       Shinnie

Holmes

Waghorn        Martin           Paterson

- People wanting to play 2 up front, highly unlikely as Cocu has never played 2 up front in his entire career.

- Use Marriott as an impact sub unless they can somehow find a way of playing him in left wing

- Wouldn't play Huddlestone but he seems the first name on Cocu's team sheet for some reason  

- Would consider playing Davies as he's exactly the type of character we need on the pitch at the moment. Whether he'd cope physically is another       question.

- Really hope Shinnie at least makes the bench. Can't imagine what he'd feel like if he didn't and certain players did. He showed great leadership at Aberdeen which is what we need.  

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Worth baring in mind that jutkiewicz literally always scores against us without fail, so we’re probably gonna need at least 2 goals for us here to get a win

At one point a quarter of his goals in England were scored against us (I think I'm wrong on the percentage but it was high) 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Worth baring in mind that jutkiewicz literally always scores against us without fail, so we’re probably gonna need at least 2 goals for us here to get a win

Fortunately, that should balance out with the fact that Lee Camp literally always lets us score against him

6 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Basically due to the fact he’s about 8 foot tall and we’ve not defended a corner successfully since 1997

It's 10% of his goals have come against us. He has 10 goals in 12 games for Coventry, Boro and Brum against us. The only team that he played against us and didn't score was for Bolton. 

Not very good on systems but am wondering how this might work (or not!)...

Roos

Bogle         Keogh        Davies       Lowe

Holmes         Bielik          Knight 

Waghorn      Martin        Marriott

Bielik to screen the back four and Chrissy Martin to sit just beyond Waghorn and Marriott and act as a pivot with balls played into feet for him to lay off. Not sure whether Chris' fitness levels would let him start a game but it'd be fun to watch what would be a pretty attacking line up. 

3 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not very good on systems but am wondering how this might work (or not!)...

Roos

Bogle         Keogh        Davies       Lowe

Holmes         Bielik          Knight 

Waghorn      Martin        Marriott

Bielik to screen the back four and Chrissy Martin to sit just beyond Waghorn and Marriott and act as a pivot with balls played into feet for him to lay off. Not sure whether Chris' fitness levels would let him start a game but it'd be fun to watch what would be a pretty attacking line up. 

Not sure if you've seen this week, but there has been an alcohol related incident that has put Keogh out for the rest of the season. 

40 minutes ago, rynny said:

Not sure if you've seen this week, but there has been an alcohol related incident that has put Keogh out for the rest of the season. 

Really! Nobody told me ?

Brainfart obvs, meant to have Clarke in there but I'm obviously not coping well with the loss of our inspirational skipper. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

He's my mates nephew. When he scores against us my mate is into football all of a sudden. 

This afternoon we’ll see if there is any character left in the players. We need a totally committed performance from the first whistle to the last. Brum are on a high and will be backed by 3,000 fans. 

Midfield is key. Martin must start with Marriott. I’d have Davies at CH and Bielik in Midfield. I suspect Cocu won’t do that though. 

It’s a real opportunity to move things on quickly and repay some of the damage done. Do the players have the balls? I’m not sure....

My only plea for today is that when the Birmingham fans start chanting about our players, we don't try and respond with some of the crass songs I've seen suggested on Twitter or here. 

Please keep it simple and about our club, not a few players. Let's focus on Derby County. 

Archived