Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Loved the Cocu Holmes hug at the final whistle

You could see he wanted to hold on to little Duncan for longer but he had to cut it off out of respect for Pep Clotet. 

I hope he went and found him later and held him properly. I would've done.

First off I want to say well done to Cocu and Mel. Week from hell for those two. The clubs response has been measured, sensible and dignified. I bless this result as a starting point to move forward.

from the less salacious end of the gossip spectrum it seems clear to me that there is an element of a culture at the club with certain players and regardless of the climax this week it’s something that isn’t new. Hopefully now it’s well and truly outed we might see a change. No doubt at all that the fallout will have registered with the whole squad - and some more after the court case .. this isn’t the end 

Today .. flipping great response and what a good game of football to watch if you enjoy sporting contests. 

Martin. Well done Chris. You ain’t no harrier but you have subtlety and a football brain. Well played. No you aren’t a god reincarnated but you played damned well and glued us together.

Waggy .. jees lad some awful passing but I kind of love you in a man sort of way. 100% effort and a great finish. 

Hudds .. yes you have some sublime skill and you are one of our own but how long have you got. These quick boys are undoing you just once too often these days. 

Holmes. Fav Jono player .. lovely ball dinked over their CB for CM .. and all that forward thinking drive. Engine room for DCFC

Paterson .. good lad, hungry, ambitious, all over the pitch. MOTM for me 

FLOJO. I don’t think you are not fully fit young man ! He’s got skill but we aren’t seeing enough of it. Wassup ? 

Malone .. this player is good, crosses, plays first time, is dangerous and intelligent but something tells me he is part of the drinking crew. Anyway, moral judgment aside .. well played. Tired at the death .. I wonder why ?

Lowe. Another good game. Might need a medal for most consistent player of the team at present 

Roos. Brave, stupid, frightening .. but effing brilliant save so all is forgiven .. until next time ?. Actually he is a good player but for a goal keeper his handling scares the what nots off me

Bielik. Well played .. sorry that you have to play CB because others can’t be professional! 

Curtis. Well played Captain ! 

One thing for sure we are a better team with Paterson and Holmes working baalocks off in midfield. Everything comes from there. Defenders do what they can at specific moments, attackers take their chances - or not .. but no one has anything to do unless those boys in the middle produce the goods

and as a final thought Marriott and Martin .. M and M might not be MAM .. it might be M and M aka sweet chocolate. Come on Phil, you know it makes sense ( 1/2 bottle of wine in with no dinner yet hence flowery language ? ) not driving tonight, waLk along the river the best this season so far. 

16 minutes ago, Xlor said:

Lol, with your 7k comments?

Big cheese around here mate..... everyone knows who I am, love the retort..... you’ll learn one day to be witty ?

1 hour ago, richinspain said:

So we're further away from 7th than we are from 6th? ?

For 7th read 2nd. It is higher maths in a binary calculus differentiation sense of sums. Ok richinspain. Off to Gran Canaria soon. Bring it on. All inclusive plus, a bit like winning at Ellland Road.

26 minutes ago, DazaDunn said:

We haven’t mate, he’s past it and finished ?

sorry, my mistake that was just the views of a few and not actual facts ?

Martins brilliant knows what it means to wear the black and white only player in my opinion that knows how to hold a ball up at the club just wish we could find a way of playing him and Marriott together..

What a game today,I alternated between heart failure and ecstasy for 90 minutes.

It was a game I will remember for a long,long time.

Martin was my man of the match with his goal,assist and deft,clever touches all over the pitch.....it was vintage Chrissie and how we have missed him in the squad.

A very close second was Paterson who I thought was a revelation today,quick and tidy on the ball but intelligent in his passing and finished with a superb goal.

At the back,we were so much better with Curtis back as Captain...he both encouraged and berated the team as and when necessary and he played well too,looking pretty sharp.

The team looked better than it has all season to my mind and I really think that this week's shenanigans may well turn out to a sort of blessing to the team,we certainly didn't miss any of them on the field.

I think we have turned a corner somehow now let's keep it up,stay strong and start climbing the table.

Last word on the fans... absolutely superb from start to finish ???

Massive win today. Thought the atmosphere might’ve been weird but wasn’t.

going 2-2 from 2-0 my heart sank, then a penalty. Roos never saved one so my heart broke. 

Thanks Roos as you couldn’t have picked a better time to break your duck. Brilliant game today, won’t rate players because as a team we won, but there was some good performances today. 

COYR!!!!!!!!!

Archived