Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't do much 'winging' yesterday and was often adrift in no-man's land when tracking back. He's had better games out wide...

Watch the game again his working off the ball is exemplary he’s not and I’m sure wasn’t bought to play as a winger but he puts a shift in no matter where he plays which is more than be said of josezfoon ...he bottled at least two challenges yesterday ...Waghorn is a good robust type of championship player who also scores some great goals 

50 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Agreed....we need a proper winger,just running around a lot isn't enough.

He’s obviously become your scapegoat this season as you had a pop at him last week then retracted it by insinuating it wasn’t what was meant pmsl (apologies not meant for you Kash but won’t let me delete it all ) 

Just now, Saity said:

He’s obviously become your scapegoat this season as you had a pop at him last week then retracted it by insinuating it wasn’t what was meant pmsl 

Apologies Kash that was meant for the ever happy Roymac lol ? 

2 minutes ago, Saity said:

Apologies Kash that was meant for the ever happy Roymac lol ? 

Ah that's okay I'll take your apologies. If you saw my match 'scores' I said that Waggy was wasted. He did very little postive play and I'm not convinced his tracking back was much more than mostly up and down. We'll disagree about it. He's played better out wide and through the middle. No he's not my scapegoat, paranoia got your goat? ?

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah that's okay I'll take your apologies. If you saw my match 'scores' I said that Waggy was wasted. He did very little postive play and I'm not convinced his tracking back was much more than mostly up and down. We'll disagree about it. He's played better out wide and through the middle. No he's not my scapegoat, paranoia got your goat? ?

How can it be paranoia ? You need to look it up Roy what it actually means I haven’t got delusions of persecution ...I read what you write and the digs are there for all to read ...then retract it or try to pretend you’re not having a dig ...so read what you write old man ....you’re now saying all waghorn done was run up and down with no wing play ...he’s not a winger ...but he got some good blocks in and looked better tracking back than going forward but he’s a player that most top end teams in the championship would want and as I said he’ll score goals ...I actually think he would benefit just as much as Marriott up top with Martin because he’s a handful 

11 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Anyway I can’t be bothered to reply anymore tonight Roy as I’m trying to get finished so I can watch last episode of peaky blinders ?...have a nice evening ??

Lawrence must and will play against Brum. Bielik back four. 

............................. Roos.............................

...Bogle......Keogh...... Bielik......Malone

.................. .... Huddlestone..................... 

Paterson........... Holmes....... Lawrence 

................. Marriott....... Martin.............. 

On 22/09/2019 at 00:00, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Loving Martin suddenly appearing on everyone's teamsheet.

We might be onto something.

At last.

He has earned a place in the squad with what he has shown Cocu in training and he has now earned a starting spot in the team for Birmingham game with the performance he put in as sub at Leeds , that’s how it should be ,sentiment is for us fans ,not the manager ,personally hope he grabs the chance and smashes it out the park

Roos

Bogle    Keogh   Waghorn   Lowe

Bielik 

Holmes   Marriott

Bizzle           Martin             Zoon

Really tough to pick the team this week. I think the Bogle/Bizzle & Lowe/Zoon partnerships could be the wide answer we're looking for. And Martin shouldn't be dropped, he's got the hunger and a hungry Chrissy means goals. But I just can't drop Snip, Dud or Duncan. Bielik adds balance to an otherwise experimental team.

I went with Lowe as he is doing a decent job so we don't need to rush Bogle back and risk him getting injured again. Starting Martin over Marriott because we will need someone up top for the ball to stick to, Paterson is in there because I think he will offer more than Jozefzoon.

This is basically the Mac1 plan, get the ball up to Martin with options around him. Bielik to play the Thorne role.                

Roos

Lowe - Keogh - Clarke - Malone

Bielik

Holmes - Lawrence

Waghorn - Martin - Paterson

On 21/09/2019 at 18:37, RamNut said:

Clarke seems to spread his jittery nerves to the rest of the back four 

Roos

bogle.       Keogh.      Evans.       Lowe

.                       Bielik 

.  Holmes.   Knight.   Shinnie

Waggy/marriott.   Martin 

No idea whether shinnie is the answer but at least he is left footed

two quality wide players are required.

The answer is use wing backs switch to 3 centrebacks, more in midfield, use only one holding player giving you 2 strikers up front

Archived