v Forest (A) Carabao Cup Match Thread

RiddingsRam

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

Real shame the dream is dead for another year. I’ve always wanted to taste that sweet taste of Carabao at Wembley ever since I were a lad.

The dream of winning the competition is dead for another year.

You have to think that Cocu being foreign probably doesn’t understand how important the Carabao Cup is to the fans?

Yeah who wants to win a major cup competition and have a great day out at Wembley. I take it you were really pissed off when we went and beat Man Utd last season weren’t you. The thing I liked most about Lampard was playing proper teams in cup competitions and having a go and creating momentum. How many cups finals have the likes of Sheff Weds, Wigan and Portsmouth got to since we last did? I take it their fans were idiotic to care as they strolled down Wembley way. Dear me. The pursuit to finish 17th in the premier league doesn’t excite me but seeing Derby lift a cup at Wembley does. 

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

There is no excuse for this debacle,so disappointing that my team has no threat whatsoever to our bigest rivals.

Never had a chance with this selection wtf does Cocu not realise every game against the dogs is important ,especialy 

to the 3000 rams who spent money to watch.Total shiite.

And there is the best comment tonight

Just now, Duracell said:

Of course but there’s a lot of games you have to play first - and the attendances in the early rounds show the contempt many fans have for it.

I loved our run last year and it’s a massive bonus for us, but when it comes to cup competitions, I love the FA Cup.

I think contempt is a bit strong but yes i get what you're saying. Yes there are lots of games to play first but giving 5-6 of the first team players to make it more competitive wouldn't have been a killer for the season i don't think. 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

I get the whole 'blood the youths' stuff people are taking as a positive from this, but do we really believe after this type of performance Cocu will want to call on the younger players in an important league game knowing this is how they coped on a big occasion when given the chance? 

Unable to watch, so I don't know how they've performed individually - and thus is hard to answer. But from what I've read the youths haven't been particularly poor in how they've "coped" - just a gap in quality.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I think there's a minority of over the top views but I don't understand why people are being ridiculed for being upset and concerned after tonight

I think it's more than justified to be worried right now.

Exactly !

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How will this help their progress?

So will under 23 games help them then ?? Some had a chance to impress tonight including senior players but I’m more dissapointed with the experienced players myself ...this competition at this stage of Cocu’s tenure was probably the right time to try some young players ...he’s learnt something I have no doubt 

Just now, Justa said:

Humm not sure the fans that are there will be saying that

Of course, I know I’m being hypocritical - but even if you’re there, you would concede that it would be much worse for this to be happening in the league of the real Cup.

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

What is the bigger picture?...We’ve won one league game and that is against a side that has forgotten how to win. They are joint bottom don’t delude yourself, this will be a struggle of a season. 

I sound like a broken record but we have not replaced our three best players from last season. Bielek needs to play in the role that he excelled for at Charlton

The bigger picture is that we are at a stage where we need to start bringing through our own youngsters. 

A cup run is always welcome for finances and for getting minutes for players but it is not a priority.

We have only won one match correct, you realise we have only lost on two right.

We have played bottom of the league yes, we have also played 3 of the top 8.

I'm not deluded, I was actually worried that with a new manager and players that we might have no points yet. The deluded people are the ones getting their knickers in a twist after 5 games.

Out of interest how many times did you see Bielek play at Charlton? Hasn't Cocu said he was playing him at centre back because it is easier to get up to match fitness playing there?

Looking forward to Cocu’s post match interview.  Winning builds confidence? What does losing to your rivals do for fans.

some say not bothered, bigger picture...sure but would be great to get one over forest??

Off to Brentford and all change again ?

I was expecting the team to be able to give a reasonable account of themselves even if the result ultimately went against.

it does appear poorer than i thought though. I mean Davies and Clarke in principle seemed a reasonable cab pair but we conceded 2 from crosses and then Curtis whacks an in-off.

you have to be concerned if any of this lot are needed for the first team.

Just now, Duracell said:

Of course, I know I’m being hypocritical - but even if you’re there, you would concede that it would be much worse for this to be happening in the league of the real Cup.

Of course but that’s not what you said originally 

1 minute ago, jimbo jones said:

The seasons long enough as it is, cup runs are no good for a championship club....though I’ll still enjoy a nice FA cup run, I’ve never been bothered about the league cup. Of course I wanted to beat forest though.

I don't think i'd necessarily subscribe to the logic that a cup run is necessarily bad for a championship club. 

Just now, Saity said:

So will under 23 games help them then ?? Some had a chance to impress tonight including senior players but I’m more dissapointed with the experienced players myself ...this competition at this stage of Cocu’s tenure was probably the right time to try some young players ...he’s learnt something I have no doubt 

Undoubtedly. But it could have been learnt with a team that was more his 'first team' and an addition of U23s. We might even win a game or two, have a cup run...whatever.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and risk a lot of ridicule... but I reckon Mel should refund the supporter's tickets who went to that poo shower tonight. They bought those tickets in good faith, hoping to beat our arch rivals only to find out the manager wants to literally throw the match for the sake of teaching a few of our wee youths a hard lesson.

Unacceptable.

2 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Yeah who wants to win a major cup competition and have a great day out at Wembley. I take it you were really pissed off when we went and beat Man Utd last season weren’t you. The thing I liked most about Lampard was playing proper teams in cup competitions and having a go and creating momentum. How many cups finals have the likes of Sheff Weds, Wigan and Portsmouth got to since we last did? I take it their fans were idiotic to care as they strolled down Wembley way. Dear me. The pursuit to finish 17th in the premier league doesn’t excite me but seeing Derby lift a cup at Wembley does. 

I would rather win a cup than be promoted, so you’re preaching to the choir there.

I’m happy to admit I’m fickle when it comes to cup competitions and it says more about me than it does the competitions. But I’d normally be beside myself in anger, but tonight I didn’t check the score for 15 mins.

Just having a bit of fun with my post, fair play to fans that can display equal passion for every game we play.

Archived