Radio Draby: Eric Steele

DCFC Ram

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

For those not happy with Ramage Radio Derby combo, try listening to a whole game on TalkSh!te with Stuart Pearce...that is deadly.

To be fair to Radio Derby and Ramage inparticular he says it as he sees it.Still as his heart on his Derby sleeve and not afraid to berate things that aint good.If you listen to Talk Sport in the afternoon Adrian Durham is a bit the same says things to get a reation 

Love love love Eric Steele.

The rest of the RD commentary is all over the map so it's hard to get any objective idea of how well we're playing. Not a big fan of Ramage at all, sounds like he's about 50 years older than he is.

"he should have gone that way but he went that way" doesn't really help me as a listener.

12 minutes ago, wixman1884 said:

Love love love Eric Steele.

The rest of the RD commentary is all over the map so it's hard to get any objective idea of how well we're playing. Not a big fan of Ramage at all, sounds like he's about 50 years older than he is.

"he should have gone that way but he went that way" doesn't really help me as a listener.

This is a good example of what’s wrong with the Radio Derby commentary, the lack of detail needed to help someone imagine the situation. Think it was last week when I was listening to them whilst driving to a wedding and Derby missed the Marriott chance and all you hear is:

‘oh no, that should have been put away...unbelievable opportunity missed there for Derby County’ and I had no clue what had happened until a good couple of minutes after.

Was hopefully the only time I’ll shout ‘PAINT THE PICTURE, THATS YOUR JOB’ in my life.

I thought that Eric Steele was very good again today. Unlike Ramage (who tends towards over excited, rambling drivel) , Steele had something relevant and useful to say after the game. Whilst he was critical he also made some sensible and constructive points. Given how badly we played and how tempting it must have been to slate all and sundry he picked out some really interesting points. Whilst I didn't agree with everything Eric said, he did make sense from start to finish. Long may this continue please.

Can't we have Steele and Ramage? Could do without Dawes' put downs and sly comments disguised as 'banter'. I like Steele's calmness and knowledge, and Ramage's energy and passion.

11 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think steel sounds bouring at least rammage shows passion and he does a great job.

Rubbish. It’s about knowing the game inside and out not shouting and dicking around. Ramage is just a fan with repetitive phrases. Makes out he had a legendary career. “It’s only Brentford” he said the other night v forest. Clown. 

Steele has worked with SAF at Man Utd  for Christ sakes, not to mention legendary at DCFC (Bald Eagle/Mac 1) 

I notice Dawes pipes down a lot more when Steele is on too.

1 hour ago, Whitefield said:

Rubbish. It’s about knowing the game inside and out not shouting and dicking around. Ramage is just a fan with repetitive phrases. Makes out he had a legendary career. “It’s only Brentford” he said the other night v forest. Clown. 

Steele has worked with SAF at Man Utd  for Christ sakes, not to mention legendary at DCFC (Bald Eagle/Mac 1) 

I notice Dawes pipes down a lot more when Steele is on too.

It’s called respect, he knows Steele knows a lot more than he does.

(Mind don’t know whether B4 heard it, but I’m sure I heard Steele say he’d play Mason Bennett every game, as for Ramage well..?)

Personally I think it's Dawes that's the problem, not his co-commentator.

When I listen on the radio, I like to know where the ball is on the pitch, and he only mentions that part for goal kicks and corners.

Watched the second half yesterday on a stream 1 min behind, and there's almost no correlation between the pictures Dawes paints and the reality.

Archived