Radio Draby: Eric Steele

DCFC Ram

2 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

Genuinely enjoyed listening to Eric. Comes across very knowledgeable and feels like a pro. 

As someone else said, brings a different tone to the show - feels much more professional. 

Thought it was all about being LADS together, like that awful Radio 5 Sunday lunch prog. Maybe Sky out to get Eric in.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thought it was all about being LADS together, like that awful Radio 5 Sunday lunch prog. Maybe Sky out to get Eric in.

Not sure if you’re agreeing with me or not! ? I’m all up for a lads-type thing but felt Eric brought some proper analysis and interesting insight to the game which personally I prefer over lads, lads, lads for a live radio show about t’Rams. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Eric is great.  

On this we agree!

A great guy. I was fortunate enough to be coached by him one Half-Term (I think?) as a child. 

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I like rammage

I like him over eric steel he just sends me to sleep and rammage is a good listen and like him when he gets carried away.

I love Derby County and have done so for for a very long time that and illness forces me to put up with his inane and biased reporting on Radio Derby oh for a return of Graham Richards and co

I hope Eric is brought in full time. I take it he still lives locally. I saw him at Costco a couple of months ago. I have started taking the radio as I now have a season ticket, high up in the Gordon Guthrie, and I struggle to identify the players. I like Ed, but not so keen on Craig. Saying that, it really improved the experience, even though they misidentify the players sometimes too!

Stopped listen to them a while ago, couldn't tolerate the Jekyll and Hyde sensationalist commentary, oh were playing amazing........oh were the worst team in the league!

If Eric is going to make a regular thing of this then I might be tempted to listed to Radio Derby for the first time a good while!

6 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Stopped listen to them a while ago, couldn't tolerate the Jekyll and Hyde sensationalist commentary, oh were playing amazing........oh were the worst team in the league!

If Eric is going to make a regular thing of this then I might be tempted to listed to Radio Derby for the first time a good while!

Nail on head.  They are like commentating goldfish who can't remember what they said or saw three seconds ago, but just REACT to what they are seeing in front of them at that moment.  They are awful.

Archived