Really hope Bogle is ok

Curtains

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I'm guessing from what I saw that the worry is he hyper extended his knee?

Got my fingers crossed too because I think he's going to be one hell of a player this season.  He was probably our biggest offensive threat yesterday.

He’s fantastic. If his knees gone who can replace him long term because Lowe is primarily a LB 

4 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I'm guessing from what I saw that the worry is he hyper extended his knee?

Got my fingers crossed too because I think he's going to be one hell of a player this season.  He was probably our biggest offensive threat yesterday.

Looked to me that he was holding the top of his foot, or more probably ankle.

If Bogle is out for a good amount of time, i.e. 2-3 months then we either need to see where Wisdom is at in terms of fitness or bring someone as a free agent until January or until the end of the season. 

I don't know where any of these are at in terms of ability anymore, but we have: Danny Simpson, Mehdi Zeffane, Jesus Gamez, Ignazio Abate, Giulio Donati, Adam Matthews, Eli Dasa, Gregory Van Der Weil, Christian Gamboa plus a few more available to us at the moment. I'd say Simpson would look the most likely as he lives in the area. It's definitely something we need to consider. 

39 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If Bogle is out for a good amount of time, i.e. 2-3 months then we either need to see where Wisdom is at in terms of fitness or bring someone as a free agent until January or until the end of the season. 

I don't know where any of these are at in terms of ability anymore, but we have: Danny Simpson, Mehdi Zeffane, Jesus Gamez, Ignazio Abate, Giulio Donati, Adam Matthews, Eli Dasa, Gregory Van Der Weil, Christian Gamboa plus a few more available to us at the moment. I'd say Simpson would look the most likely as he lives in the area. It's definitely something we need to consider. 

I actually think we might be ok but it might require a tweak in system. 

Even if Wisdom is fit than I don't think we should play him because I'm not confident he can play out from the back reliably and I think teams would target that. 

Personally I'd either go for Anya at RB or switching to 3 at the back and play Anya or Jozefsoon (played here at PSV under Cocu on occassion) as a RWB.

12 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I actually think we might be ok but it might require a tweak in system. 

Even if Wisdom is fit than I don't think we should play him because I'm not confident he can play out from the back reliably and I think teams would target that. 

Personally I'd either go for Anya at RB or switching to 3 at the back and play Anya or Jozefsoon (played here at PSV under Cocu on occassion) as a RWB.

At the end of this show (20.20) Marc Edworthy says that Anya is out injured for 3 months!

He walked off which is a good sign, shouldn’t be major hopefully. If he’s out for any length of time we could be in trouble, with wisdom out for god knows how long we’ve no other natural right backs. Losing Anya for three month starts ain’t good either as he could’ve done a job there.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Oh dear that’s a shame 

Is this sarcasm? Bit of a cheap shot if so and not one the lad deserves.

On thread, my initial guess was something like a metatarsal. If it's ankle ligaments we're looking at 2 months minimum which is a proper kick in the nads. I honestly think we're cursed as we seem to lose key players to long-term injuries early every season. Then again, maybe every club does and I'm just not aware of it. Been really looking forward to seeing a back-line of Jayden, RIch, Clarke and Max but I guess I'll just have to wait. Used to yearn for the Carson - Keogh - Thorne-Martin spine and that never really came about either. 

WIth Anya out and Wisdom too, I assume we'll be starting coming games with the back four that finished yesterday's game. Not the end of the world by any stretch but more than anything, I think we'll miss Jayden's attacking threat. He's been looking in prime form and is still clearly improving at a rate of knots. The only positive thing really is that we now know for sure that we have a £20 million fullback at the club who cost us sweet duck all. It could be worse - it could anyway I suppose, we could have sold him in last window ?‍♀️

44 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He walked off which is a good sign, shouldn’t be major hopefully. If he’s out for any length of time we could be in trouble, with wisdom out for god knows how long we’ve no other natural right backs. Losing Anya for three month starts ain’t good either as he could’ve done a job there.

I could see that he had to helped down the tunnel by 2 people. So fingers crossed it’s not as bad as it looked. For me Holmes is a shout to cover right back. He has done it before and he will give attacking option. 

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Is this sarcasm? Bit of a cheap shot if so and not one the lad deserves.

On thread, my initial guess was something like a metatarsal. If it's ankle ligaments we're looking at 2 months minimum which is a proper kick in the nads. I honestly think we're cursed as we seem to lose key players to long-term injuries early every season. Then again, maybe every club does and I'm just not aware of it. Been really looking forward to seeing a back-line of Jayden, RIch, Clarke and Max but I guess I'll just have to wait. Used to yearn for the Carson - Keogh - Thorne-Martin spine and that never really came about either. 

WIth Anya out and Wisdom too, I assume we'll be starting coming games with the back four that finished yesterday's game. Not the end of the world by any stretch but more than anything, I think we'll miss Jayden's attacking threat. He's been looking in prime form and is still clearly improving at a rate of knots. The only positive thing really is that we now know for sure that we have a £20 million fullback at the club who cost us sweet duck all. It could be worse - it could anyway I suppose, we could have sold him in last window ?‍♀️

No it wasn’t it’s a shame 

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Excellent work. Let's hope it's not bad. But if it is we should move fast to get Danny Simpson before he heads off to Celtic. Think he's on trial there this week. 

Archived