Really hope Bogle is ok

Curtains

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, TibshelfRam said:

I did mention Robertson. Malone may not get as many assists, but I think he looks dangerous. When he gets forward I think he can put a decent ball in.

Liverpool's 'wingers' play more like forwards. Salah in particular does not play like a winger.

In our 2 league games this season, Lawrence has scored 2. I'm not sure what more you can expect from him at this stage of the season.

I agree that the wingers need to contribute more goals and assists. And I think that Cocu's plan to play them more inverted to get closer to Waghorn may well see that pay off. Thus far this season I think we're waiting to see things 'click' in an attacking sense. I still think that it will happen and that Holmes, Dowell, Jozefzzon/Paterson, Lawrence and Waghorn will look more dangerous moving forward.

All I am saying is that it is a deliberate ploy to have Bogle and our full backs as one of our main attacking outlets. And I am more than happy for that to be the case. I don't consider it to be a sorry state of affairs.

I said this on Saturday; that after Lowe came on, Lawrence went out wide right on the overlap to compensate for the fact that Lowe cuts in. Last night I noticed the number of times Knight did this too ( won one terrific free kick right in the corner!) 

So, if we are going to utilise Lowe at right back while Bogle is out, then it would seem to me that Cocu has already thought about that and the players are listening to his instructions. 

End result is that there is still a player coming in closer to Waghorn/Marriott. Ideally would be someone with more of a goal threat than Lowe but I am not too worried about that in the short term. 

Especially as Cocu mentioned a couple of matches in his post-match interview yesterday evening. 

13 hours ago, angieram said:

I said this on Saturday; that after Lowe came on, Lawrence went out wide right on the overlap to compensate for the fact that Lowe cuts in. Last night I noticed the number of times Knight did this too ( won one terrific free kick right in the corner!) 

So, if we are going to utilise Lowe at right back while Bogle is out, then it would seem to me that Cocu has already thought about that and the players are listening to his instructions. 

End result is that there is still a player coming in closer to Waghorn/Marriott. Ideally would be someone with more of a goal threat than Lowe but I am not too worried about that in the short term. 

Especially as Cocu mentioned a couple of matches in his post-match interview yesterday evening. 

Agreed. Would expect to see Jozefzoon (if he's the one to be selected) playing with chalk on his boots so that we don't lose the threat from out wide.

As a short term fix, it's not the end of the world, I guess. But I still think that without Bogle overlapping and the wingers cutting in close to Waghorn, we look much less of a threat - especially with some big games coming up.

However, in Cocu we trust! 

49 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

Agreed. Would expect to see Jozefzoon (if he's the one to be selected) playing with chalk on his boots so that we don't lose the threat from out wide.

As a short term fix, it's not the end of the world, I guess. But I still think that without Bogle overlapping and the wingers cutting in close to Waghorn, we look much less of a threat - especially with some big games coming up.

However, in Cocu we trust! 

I'm expecting Josefzoon as well. Problem is that our three forwards have been relatively fluid so far and having him hugging the line makes quite a big chance. Interesting to see what approach Cocu chooses, but certainly it won't be Lowe offering the width.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived