Really hope Bogle is ok

Curtains

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If we lose our most valuable player to a lengthy injury only days after celebrating that we didn't sell him for millions, it would probably be a good time to give up.

Curtis Davies, Forysth (how many times), George Thorne (how many times), Marcus Olson, Will Hughes etc etc, if we had a league table for injured players I wouldn't be surprised to see us top.

Champions of Europe mate......?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

no word on the official site. don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing, or just a thing....

I go by the old saying no news,  is no news...

'Weeks, not months' is more positive than I'd perhaps feared.

But I still feel that we are far less of an attacking threat without a natural right sided player. We clearly are looking for our two wingers (on either side) to cut in and join the attack. The attacking onus thereby falls to our full backs - its no coincidence that Bogle has either assisted or scored 11 goals in recent games.

Lowe will do a solid job, I'm sure. But being left footed takes away the attacking threat that we have down the right - he won't overlap in the same way. And thus far this season, Bogle has probably been our most potent attacking threat. Early days, I know, but still a concern.

I'd feel much more relaxed if Anya was fit - for all that we knock him, he could do a decent job there. I'm just concerned that this will stifle our attacking play a fair bit. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

11 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

'Weeks, not months' is more positive than I'd perhaps feared.

But I still feel that we are far less of an attacking threat without a natural right sided player. We clearly are looking for our two wingers (on either side) to cut in and join the attack. The attacking onus thereby falls to our full backs - its no coincidence that Bogle has either assisted or scored 11 goals in recent games.

Lowe will do a solid job, I'm sure. But being left footed takes away the attacking threat that we have down the right - he won't overlap in the same way. And thus far this season, Bogle has probably been our most potent attacking threat. Early days, I know, but still a concern.

I'd feel much more relaxed if Anya was fit - for all that we knock him, he could do a decent job there. I'm just concerned that this will stifle our attacking play a fair bit. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

He is a big miss, but its a sorry state of affairs when your right back is you main attacking threat, the rest of the team (mainly the wingers) need to pull their finger out and start creating more chances and taking up better positions.  I reckon if we see a midfield 3 of Knight ,Shinnie and Beilik against Stoke that will help add abit more energy and creativity to the side, then we just need the wingers to do a lot better.

3 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

He is a big miss, but its a sorry state of affairs when your right back is you main attacking threat, the rest of the team (mainly the wingers) need to pull their finger out and start creating more chances and taking up better positions.  I reckon if we see a midfield 3 of Knight ,Shinnie and Beilik against Stoke that will help add abit more energy and creativity to the side, then we just need the wingers to do a lot better.

But don't you think that its a deliberate play for our wingers to be a main attacking outlet?

Would you say that Liverpool are in a sorry state of affairs for the majority of their attacking play to come from TAA or Robertson?

So many teams across Europe now do it - the main purpose now, it seems, of a full back, is to overlap and be an attacking threat. Its clearly our intention. And given that the wingers are going to be encouraged to cut inside, providing width is very much part of the remit of our full backs. And I have no problem with that.

6 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

But don't you think that its a deliberate play for our wingers to be a main attacking outlet?

Would you say that Liverpool are in a sorry state of affairs for the majority of their attacking play to come from TAA or Robertson?

So many teams across Europe now do it - the main purpose now, it seems, of a full back, is to overlap and be an attacking threat. Its clearly our intention. And given that the wingers are going to be encouraged to cut inside, providing width is very much part of the remit of our full backs. And I have no problem with that.

No but the thing is Liverpool have two world class wingers who contribute a lot with goals and assists, where as Bogle has been doing a lot more in an attacking sense than our wingers so theres no balance to it, also Liverpool have Robertson on the other side contributing where as our left backs get hardly any assists. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

No but the thing is Liverpool have two world class wingers who contribute a lot with goals and assists, where as Bogle has been doing a lot more in an attacking sense than our wingers so theres no balance to it, also Liverpool have Robertson on the other side contributing where as our left backs get hardly any assists. 

I did mention Robertson. Malone may not get as many assists, but I think he looks dangerous. When he gets forward I think he can put a decent ball in.

Liverpool's 'wingers' play more like forwards. Salah in particular does not play like a winger.

In our 2 league games this season, Lawrence has scored 2. I'm not sure what more you can expect from him at this stage of the season.

I agree that the wingers need to contribute more goals and assists. And I think that Cocu's plan to play them more inverted to get closer to Waghorn may well see that pay off. Thus far this season I think we're waiting to see things 'click' in an attacking sense. I still think that it will happen and that Holmes, Dowell, Jozefzzon/Paterson, Lawrence and Waghorn will look more dangerous moving forward.

All I am saying is that it is a deliberate ploy to have Bogle and our full backs as one of our main attacking outlets. And I am more than happy for that to be the case. I don't consider it to be a sorry state of affairs.

4 hours ago, desirelines said:

Over-lapping centre-backs, anyone? "Keogh Keogh Keogh!" 

We genuinely could with Keogh who can play right back, Clarke who seems to love running forward with the ball (like Maguire) and Bielik who can play beat a man.

Archived