Really hope Bogle is ok

Curtains

10 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Admittedly I have only seen him once, against Gerona but I thought he looked out his depth.

That was because fullback is not his usual position, for the odd game he could be ok but he is a far better at centre half.Personally I prefer him at defensive midfielder.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

That was because fullback is not his usual position, for the odd game he could be ok but he is a far better at centre half.Personally I prefer him at defensive midfielder.

Correct - Bateman is a centre back come holding midfielder, he's only ever played right back in the U23's as a backup option!

It's a shame that the majority of our supporters will now be judging him as a player based solely on seeing him at right back against Girona.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Correct - Bateman is a centre back come holding midfielder, he's only ever played right back in the U23's as a backup option!

It's a shame that the majority of our supporters will now be judging him as a player based solely on seeing him at right back against Girona.

Who plays at RB for us in the u23s (or u18s if we have to) at the moment?

2 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Who plays at RB for us in the u23s (or u18s if we have to) at the moment?

Last season it was Kellan Gordon mainly, but he's left the club now.

There's a young lad called Jordan Brown who's played there a few times, but is mainly deployed as a midfielder I think.

After that, you're looking at the U18's but they tended to play a back 3 with Kornell McDonald as a wing back.

Right back is probably the one position that we were short of people coming through from what I have seen, as of course Bogle has been fast-tracked into the first team.

38 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Not necessarily the majority. 

Watched Lowe's pre match interview and they show the Bogle injury on there. It's about 15 seconds in.

I've watched it a couple of times and he doesn't seem to go over on his ankle at all.

It looks like his foot to me. I hope I'm wrong. 

But from looking at it, I wouldn't be surprised if he's broke his foot. Which would be 2-3 months out.

Like I say I'm hope I'm wrong. But he was at the hospital having a scan today and then Steve Nicholson tweeted to say he was at the U23s game tonight wearing a protective boot.

If he's been for a scan and there's nothing wrong then he wouldn't be wearing a protective boot. 

9 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

If he's been for a scan and there's nothing wrong then he wouldn't be wearing a protective boot. 

He left the ground wearing one. You can wear one for protection hence the name but I don't think you can say for certain he is wearing one for a drastic reason. Hopefully anyway.

11 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Watched Lowe's pre match interview and they show the Bogle injury on there. It's about 15 seconds in.

I've watched it a couple of times and he doesn't seem to go over on his ankle at all.

It looks like his foot to me. I hope I'm wrong. 

But from looking at it, I wouldn't be surprised if he's broke his foot. Which would be 2-3 months out.

Like I say I'm hope I'm wrong. But he was at the hospital having a scan today and then Steve Nicholson tweeted to say he was at the U23s game tonight wearing a protective boot.

Unless he was given his scan results immediately I would say it makes sense to keep wearing the protective boot until told otherwise 

If we lose our most valuable player to a lengthy injury only days after celebrating that we didn't sell him for millions, it would probably be a good time to give up.

Curtis Davies, Forysth (how many times), George Thorne (how many times), Marcus Olson, Will Hughes etc etc, if we had a league table for injured players I wouldn't be surprised to see us top.

Archived