Well done Tom Lawrence

Marriot Ram99

I am usually not his biggest fan and have often criticised him, but tonight he was absolutely outstanding. 2 great goals that no one else in our starting 11 tonight would be able to score and a great all round performance. He worked so hard for the team which is usually one of his weak points and put in some crucial blocks and interceptions, if he can play like that more consistently and we add in a couple of new faces,  with Rooney playmaking from deep and Beilik as the destroyer to replace Huddlestone  we will be a force to be reckoned with this season.  I can't wait for the Swansea game now when a few weeks ago I felt very negative about our hopes, after thinking we wouldn't be able to sign anyone decent.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with everything you say about Lawrence, I’ve criticised him a lot, but he was outstanding tonight in every area of his game. Not just his end product, but his all round game and his effort for the team defensively too. Top notch and needs to keep it up.

Still need a few new signings for me, rooney would be an unreal boost, with a new winger and goalkeeper I think I’d have the optimism back that I lost earlier in the window, especially with the signings we’ve already made.

As a Derby fan the past year I have been in dreamland. We had Lampard as a manager and he brought in mount Wilson and tomori. They are and always will be three of our best ever loans. He then bought in one of England’s best ever left backs (Ashley Cole) for those who didn’t know. And now... we have cocu as a manager with a seemingly superb exciting style of play. He has since brought in dowell Bielik and Clarke. These three singings look absolutely immense and now to top it all off we are close to singing Wayne F*****g Rooney. Yes Wayne Rooney. Mel Morris is one hell of a football genius and I am here for it 100%. 

As it stands we start the season with a 2-1 stunning win over hudds whilst forest lose at home first match. Could it be better to be a Derby fan right now???

COYR ?

Tom Lawrence tonight was outstanding. In attack and defence he proved the player that a lot of fans didn’t believe he was. He is an outstanding player and professional. The fact that he has had stick from some of our fans over the past couple of months is a disgrace after the few months he has had. After losing my mum when I was Young I thought it was a lovely touch with his celebration tonight and it was an inspiration for anyone who has lost someone important to them in their lives. Well done Tom❤️

Post match Gibbo asked if it was a nice feeling to hear the fans singing his name?

His reply was “bit different to last season ...!”.

So superbly well done to Tom Lawrence. He has worked immensely hard to improve his game and now just needs to find that consistency. I suspect that being around Wilson and Mount last season has had an influence added to Frank Lampard of course. Can Lawrence keep it up and put a run of games together? 

Ive been a critic and hold my hands up; there’s a very good player in there and we hope we see it more often. 

Am I the only one who is not very happy with Tom Lawrence?

An immense performance. Easily his best game in a Derby shirt even without the two sublime goals.

What upsets me though is that he did it live on national TV two days before the transfer window closes. 

Only kidding of course but I do hope no one comes in and takes him off us. Strange how we've gone from many questioning why he's even on the pitch to some of us now worried he might go. 

I have my own reservations about Lawrence but that’s what a forum is for - so many fans undermined him constantly at games last season. No wonder he can feel it and let some steam off with the finger in the ears celebration.

Can we all agree to support him as if he were a Derby player when he has a poor game? It’s so counter-productive to constantly criticise your own player at matches.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

An immense performance. Easily his best game in a Derby shirt even without the two sublime goals.

What upsets me though is that he did it live on national TV two days before the transfer window closes. 

Only kidding of course but I do hope no one comes in and takes him off us. Strange how we've gone from many questioning why he's even on the pitch to some of us now worried he might go. 

Hopefully Jezefzoon can do the same to convert us doubters.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Not a chance Mel or PC will let Tom go, we need to buy wingers and not sell them.

If TL goes we are left with Bennett and Josefzoon.....even Rooney couldn't get those 2 scoring double figures this season.

1 minute ago, Derbyram1 said:

Not a chance Mel or PC will let Tom go, we need to buy wingers and not sell them.

If TL goes we are left with Bennett and Josefzoon.....even Rooney couldn't get those 2 scoring double figures this season.

Every player has a price. I agree though, it would probably have to be seriously silly money.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Every player has a price. I agree though, it would probably have to be seriously silly money.

I am sure one good game on Sky doesn't make him a £10m player, anyway we don't need the money now we are getting Rooney.....think of all those shirt sales!!

He's an inside forward not a winger. Certainly not a left winger.

when he receives the ball in a central position he does his best work.

when he receives the ball wide he drifts inside into traffic and loses the ball.

it will be great if cocu has found a better way to use him, to allow him to play to his strengths.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He's an inside forward not a winger. Certainly not a left winger.

when he receives the ball in a central position he does his best work.

when he receives the ball wide he drifts inside into traffic and loses the ball.

it will be great if cocu has found a better way to use him, to allow him to play to his strengths.

Yeah i agree, doesn't make any difference to what i was saying regards selling him though.

Archived