Well done Tom Lawrence

Marriot Ram99

Totally agree it was the best I've seen him play. He has received criticism for his performances since he's been at Derby and it's been well deserved.

He's been frustrating as we all know what he can do but too many times after losing the ball or misplacing a pass he would get petulant instead of breaking his balls to win back possession.

If this is how Cocu can get him motivated and playing then he could be our 2nd best player this year (After Rooney) Let's hope he can keep this up and not revert back to his old ways.

If him and the rest of the team put as much effort in for the rest of the season then I'll be a very happy Ram and we'll be up there at the end of the season!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Duracell said:

I have my own reservations about Lawrence but that’s what a forum is for - so many fans undermined him constantly at games last season. No wonder he can feel it and let some steam off with the finger in the ears celebration.

Can we all agree to support him as if he were a Derby player when he has a poor game? It’s so counter-productive to constantly criticise your own player at matches.

Agree with this.  I think Tom’s the sort of player who needs an arm round his shoulder even when he’s not at his best.  Nothing wrong with criticism as long as it’s constructive.

A lot of talk in the media about his second goal but I think his first was better.  Great control and finish and quick thinking.

Archived