Academy Thread 19/20

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I suppose he's still a "left back"though? ?

Well that's where he mostly played last season, although that may have been due to Tyree Wilson playing on the LW. With Tyree stepping up to the 23s and Jaden Charles being a LB for the 18s, it makes sense to keep Archie on the LW - especially if he continues to hit the back of the net

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Not really kept up with the u23/u18 but really pleased some got 1st team action.

Hoping to see more games this season.

So just wondering what are buchanan and whittakers natural positions?

Im guessing buchanans a left footed center half(even tho he played lb) due to the comments in last nights match thread

Buchanan mostly plays CB but has played at LB/LWB on a few occasions.
Whittaker played RW and CF on almost equal measure last season (I think we see him as more of a RW)

Hopefully knight will get some more first team action soon.

could be the best thing to come out of the academy since that blonde lad.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Buchanan mostly plays CB but has played at LB/LWB on a few occasions.
Whittaker played RW and CF on almost equal measure last season (I think we see him as more of a RW)

Cheers mate. Thanks for that.

Was hoping whittaker played RW. Not overly convinced about our options there At the minute.

I know only time will tell but do you think he can make the step up and regularly play there?

On 22/07/2019 at 16:19, Ghost of Clough said:

Well that's where he mostly played last season, although that may have been due to Tyree Wilson playing on the LW. With Tyree stepping up to the 23s and Jaden Charles being a LB for the 18s, it makes sense to keep Archie on the LW - especially if he continues to hit the back of the net

I used to play Football with Jaden at my primary school , he was always very good for his age(hes about 3-4 years younger than me) and a very good dribbler , his older brother in my year was always good as well but he was the better player out the two for his age. His dad Gary Charles obviously used to play for us and always battered everyone in the dads races at sports day, so it would be very interesting and weird for me seeing him play for us in a few years time.

30 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Was hoping whittaker played RW. Not overly convinced about our options there At the minute.

I know only time will tell but do you think he can make the step up and regularly play there?

I think this season is too soon. Realistically, his target is only 5 games this season. 

1 hour ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

My thinking too - hoping this is his breakthough year with Knight. 

A young U18 side are approaching half time against West Brom. Both teams scored inside 3 minutes with the scores currently at 1-1. Aghatise scored our equaliser

Halwax

Bardell Solomon Cashin Charles

Nto Thompson Matthews

Aghatise Stretton Brown

I don’t recognise Rutt, so he must be from the U16 squad. 

Lots of new names in the u18 side that have been promoted from the academy, interesting to see over the course of the season who looks to have the potential to make it as a pro at the very least. Let’s hope they do as well as the u18s who moved up after last season! All about the individual development at this stage 

Archived