Academy Thread 19/20

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume our pen led to a sending off given the timing. Morgan Whittaker scored the second at the death. 

Terrible if stewards wouldn't let families sit in the shade. But don't forget that being in the sun is really good for you and massively beneficial health wise. Yes ultimately of course it raises the risk of skin cancer but it lowers the risk of myriad other cancers and diseases. That's why you always feel good to have the sun on your skin.  This from New Scientist https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24132210-100-too-much-sunscreen-why-avoiding-the-sun-could-damage-your-health/

Yes @Carl Sagan the sending off was for the penalty - good win.

Personally I had no issue sitting in the sun ( as an adult you know if your catching too much sun and agree sunlight is good for you )  but there were alot of young children - many below <5 like mine who were struggling in the direct sun and a few parents ( just trying to be responsible parents ) who wanted to move just a few rows back to the shade.

With hindsight as a parent I should have taken a big umbrella ( I’m sure folks behind me would have really appreciated the lack of view but hey ho ) to provide some shade.  My little one had sunscreen applied ( by the wife may I add so not taking that credit) before we left home but like many kids he was still struggling in the direct sun.

Just think it’s poor when there was parents just asking the stewards if they could move their kids a few rows back.  As we left the game a young steward did apologise to a few parents saying he was just doing what he was being told to do (as he had earlier gone to ask a more senior steward )

Access to the game was free hence why alot more families went ( as I’m sure that was the marketing aim ) and like some families we could have left at halftime given there was no shade made available ( seriously we are only talking 2 more rows back ) - I’m sure you can even see this on RamsTV footage to validate this.

Just off to buy the biggest umbrella I can find for next time!

3 hours ago, Don't Panic said:

Yes @Carl Sagan the sending off was for the penalty - good win.

Personally I had no issue sitting in the sun ( as an adult you know if your catching too much sun and agree sunlight is good for you )  but there were alot of young children - many below <5 like mine who were struggling in the direct sun and a few parents ( just trying to be responsible parents ) who wanted to move just a few rows back to the shade.

With hindsight as a parent I should have taken a big umbrella ( I’m sure folks behind me would have really appreciated the lack of view but hey ho ) to provide some shade.  My little one had sunscreen applied ( by the wife may I add so not taking that credit) before we left home but like many kids he was still struggling in the direct sun.

Just think it’s poor when there was parents just asking the stewards if they could move their kids a few rows back.  As we left the game a young steward did apologise to a few parents saying he was just doing what he was being told to do (as he had earlier gone to ask a more senior steward )

Access to the game was free hence why alot more families went ( as I’m sure that was the marketing aim ) and like some families we could have left at halftime given there was no shade made available ( seriously we are only talking 2 more rows back ) - I’m sure you can even see this on RamsTV footage to validate this.

Just off to buy the biggest umbrella I can find for next time!

It's bizarre from the stewards. The club would (or at least should) be horrified at the lack of common sense.

Great highlights, though what's with the weird repeated replays?

Brilliant assist from Sibley for the second goal. Tremendous composure.  The team looked pretty good throughout.

U23s are fourth in the League. Traditionally we need a good first half of the season to cement our place before loaning players out or bringing more of the U18s through. Though with Cocu's focus on youth, it all might change this time around.

After today's 1-0 win over Blackburn the U23s sit 2nd in the Premier League 2 table.

400986850_20190930PL2Table.thumb.JPG.172434070847d95b7794c3369b2084ae.JPG

The next round of league games isn't until 18th October when we entertain Everton.

Meanwhile it's a big week for the U18/19 team who begin their Champions League campaign with a trip to Minsk! Kickoff is 2pm on Wednesday afternoon.

On 30/09/2019 at 01:27, Carl Sagan said:

After today's 1-0 win over Blackburn the U23s sit 2nd in the Premier League 2 table.

400986850_20190930PL2Table.thumb.JPG.172434070847d95b7794c3369b2084ae.JPG

The next round of league games isn't until 18th October when we entertain Everton.

Meanwhile it's a big week for the U18/19 team who begin their Champions League campaign with a trip to Minsk! Kickoff is 2pm on Wednesday afternoon.

Looking at that table, it does make you wonder why we brought the likes of Dowell in. I’m not using this as an excuse to criticise him specifically, but he’s shown he’s no better than what we’ve got in our Academy. For example, Knight has looked far more exciting when given the chance. 

We have to believe in the academy and Cocu. If we’re patient, I’m convinced we’ll be in exciting times again. 

Archived