Martin Skrtel - Joined Atalanta

Mafiabob

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomori got us out of trouble a lot last season with his incredible pace ...sometimes to rectify his own mistake ...I thought Tomori was good enough for us to either try and sign permanently or another season on loan ...the latter being very possible as I can’t see him being first team at Chelsea ...Skirtl is a good player but for me a pacey Cb is a must 

32 minutes ago, Saity said:

...Skirtl is a good player but for me a pacey Cb is a must 

This..

Keogh or Davies ( or even both experimenting with another in a 3), would be far more solid with a younger, faster partner alongside; affords the option of playing a high line and pressing opposition, knowing a team mate has say half a chance of catching anyone that springs the offside trap.

On 06/07/2019 at 17:27, Jourdan said:

I am happy with Keogh and Davies personally, provided big Curt proves his fitness and has a full pre season with no setbacks.

Skrtel was top class in his prime and is probably still too good for the Championship, but I don’t think he fits the profile of the kind of defender we need.

Too old, too expensive, too high profile.

I need new glasses,thought you were being very nasty for a second!??

Sounds like this one could be legit then and we might have opened talks with him. Didn’t believe the link at first by that sports witness tends to report some decent regurgitated foreign reports. I reckon this one might just happen, what with cocus links to him and his obvious qualities as a player. That said, if Fenerbahçe are in talks with him as well, if they make a reasonable offer he may well choose to stay there at top flight level. Probably Hear more on this one at the end of this week if talks are still going on.

3 hours ago, inter politics said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/Derby-county-boss-cocu-personally-gets-involved-talks-sign-player/

Fotomac report Derby County manager Phillip Cocu remains keen to sign his former player Martin Skrtel and has personally got involved in convincing the player to sign for the Championship side.

Fotomac is a Turkish news site right?

I'd be more inclined to think Fenerbache want rid of him and are briefing the local journos that there are 'loads of offers for him'

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

I think it would be more Cocu bringing in a player he knows and trusts, not really an indictment on the club's recruitment skills. I'm sure the majority of incomings will be early 20's age range.

But it doesn't fit with our mission of developing players.

ode buggers on a big wedge is so growett. Rather play evans tbh. 

3 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Really don’t want this player to come to Derby... 

wouldn't be against him if he wears a ram shirt (obviously) but signing a player who is towards the end of his career isn’t one I would like personally 

Cole was 3 years older playing in a position that needs higher fitness levels yet he did pretty well for the team. 

I wouldn’t be against it depending in contract length and wages

6 minutes ago, EraniosSocks said:

Really don’t want this player to come to Derby... 

wouldn't be against him if he wears a ram shirt (obviously) but signing a player who is towards the end of his career isn’t one I would like personally 

Normally I'd agree about bringing old heads to the club. 

But we've lost alot of experience in the team this summer already, we may yet lose more:

Nugent

Cole

Johnson 

Bryson (initially forgot him too ?

We could possibly see Hudds/Davies go yet too. 

An older experienced CB would be good as long as there's a younger one brought it to be his understudy and eventually take over. 

Cole was short term in a position where we only had one other realistic contender. 

It was fortunate that we did sign him as spider monkey malone got himself sent off prior to the final. 

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

But it doesn't fit with our mission of developing players.

ode buggers on a big wedge is so growett. Rather play evans tbh. 

I agree but I wouldn't be completely against one such signing and a leader type. Would prefer a Tomori type ideally but we do also need someone decent in the air (maybe Davies is the option but we'll see how he is post-injury)

Archived