Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Good in-depth article here about Cocu, including interviews with ex-teammates and other Dutch footballing types...

Phillip Cocu’s new charges at Derby County cannot expect to be pampered, according to his long-time friend and former PSV Eindhoven legend, Arthur Numan. That’s simply not the Dutch way. 

"He comes across as a very quiet person in the dressing room and on the park. But if he’s not happy he will tell players straight in their face," the former Netherlands left-back and Rangers FC star tells offthepitch.com. "What you see is what you get," he says, underlining the kind of Dutch directness Cocu will employ to get the best out of his players.

Full article here: https://offthepitch.com/a/he-can-be-really-tough-players

full article to save us subscribing?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

So how much of an article can you quote then Mods?

Just enough to let people know what the article is about before they click the link, sentence, paragraph or two.

Not 878 words which was the equivalent of around 1.6 A4 pages you pasted in. 

29 minutes ago, David said:

Just enough to let people know what the article is about before they click the link, sentence, paragraph or two.

Not 878 words which was the equivalent of around 1.6 A4 pages you pasted in. 

There was plenty left out. #shrug Just wondered if there was an 'actual' percentage.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There was plenty left out. #shrug Just wondered if there was an 'actual' percentage.

Still a large chunk of someones work to simply rip and put on here, if people choose to put their work behind a login/subscription we should really respect that.

I don't think you can really use percentage, as you say there was plenty still to read yet you pasted 878 words which is a hell of a lot.

Generally speaking I would say 2/3 paragraphs at most, unless the article is only 2/3 paragraphs long, which in that case the first sentence only to give an idea of what it is without baiting the click.

41 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Fairs fair, I’m sure if one of you had written it as part of your job you wouldn’t want someone reducing your target audience and possible income would you?

Maybe so.

What did everyone think of the article then? Made some interesting points I thought.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. ? It's free, just put an email address of yours in and they send a link (timed to work for 30 mins). ?

Haven’t got time to download/read, but did it say anything positive about Cocu rating Chris Martin?

30 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Haven’t got time to download/read, but did it say anything positive about Cocu rating Chris Martin?

Yes, Martin really respects and loves Cocu’s advice on striker play.

Chris has fallen for him

3 hours ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

Have you got over him not being appointed manager? ?

Mel got the nearest thing.

I put play offs as my expectation just based on not wanting to go backwards from the previous two seasons however I won’t be disappointed if we finish between 7-11th as long as I see something happening and things moving in the right direction.

Archived