Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Didn't Cocu play at Pride Park for Barcelona?

Yeah, although he admitted not remembering it. Which is fair enough. A lot of games to remember, I imagine most pre-season games fall to the bottom of the pecking order while vying for brain space ? 

Definitely Twan and Chris' first visit. Twan got to see the training ground when PSV played our U23s recently though. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Phil came across fine in his interview.  He seems like a football man through and through.  He admitted he didn’t really remember playing at PP which is fine with me.  I’d rather that than say he’d grown up watching box sets of Derby in the old 3rd division and used to have a Rams pencil case and stationery set.  And he’s got a touch of the Keogh eyes about him.

7 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I knew it! @Boycie bending over for pictures at @David‘s house for their mutual satisfaction. Makes me sick just thinking about them going at it.

Can’t do enough for a good gaffer.

We spoke about you too, well, I say spoke, a comment was made when I took a little too long using @David‘s toilet.

Really liked frank and Jody. They did a great job with the fans and team spirit. But I think and hope these guys are on a new level. Good coaches that can bring the best out of players and have tactical nouse. We as Derby fans have to give them time as they won’t be spending much. Maybe spending the money clough was spending. But we’ll spend it on loans. Man City bought the premier league but a great coach works with what he has and I think we have a great coach. Maybe needs a few seasons. 

6 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Really liked frank and Jody. They did a great job with the fans and team spirit. But I think and hope these guys are on a new level. Good coaches that can bring the best out of players and have tactical nouse. We as Derby fans have to give them time as they won’t be spending much. Maybe spending the money clough was spending. But we’ll spend it on loans. Man City bought the premier league but a great coach works with what he has and I think we have a great coach. Maybe needs a few seasons. 

Totally agree. He has already done it at PSV. This is not wishful thinking. His staff are mega impressed with the facilities here. Professional, Premier standard setup here in their opinion.

On 19/07/2019 at 11:44, angieram said:

I think I'm going to like our Twan - he's a very warm character.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/07/it-feels-great-to-be-here-im-at-home

I really like all 3 of them. Eloquent, thoughtful and considered with a unified message and a manner that really breeds confidence. The CVDW interview is very good too. He's more akin to Twan than PC, who is the most thoughtful and reserved of the three, but they seem a tight unit and feel like a breath of fresh air at this point. Long may it last!

On 19/07/2019 at 11:49, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Good, because our Phil is as dry as a bone!?

Oi you! Leave off our Cocu. He's the Dutch professor, a perfectionist and probably super meticulous but he's also the manager and will probably not try to be one of the boys the way Frank did. We certainly won't get the Gary / Frank soundbites and I doubt we'll see him starting the bounce anytime soon but give him a year and we'll be a different team to recent times, of that I feel quite ceertain. Besides, I think as he relaxes over time, we might see a bit more of that dry humour the Dutch are well known for. Much as I loved having Frank at the club, a more business like and reserved atmosphere is fine with me as I'll not miss last season's media circus one iota.

22 minutes ago, inter politics said:

I see Steve Rands, performance analysis guy has gone to Swansea - only the club will really know how much of a loss this is.

He was part of Lampard’s team. So it’s not like we’ve relied on him for years. I’m sure it’s under control. 

Good in-depth article here about Cocu, including interviews with ex-teammates and other Dutch footballing types...

Phillip Cocu’s new charges at Derby County cannot expect to be pampered, according to his long-time friend and former PSV Eindhoven legend, Arthur Numan. That’s simply not the Dutch way. 

"He comes across as a very quiet person in the dressing room and on the park. But if he’s not happy he will tell players straight in their face," the former Netherlands left-back and Rangers FC star tells offthepitch.com. "What you see is what you get," he says, underlining the kind of Dutch directness Cocu will employ to get the best out of his players.

Full article here: https://offthepitch.com/a/he-can-be-really-tough-players

Archived