Phillip Cocu, Chris Van der Weerden & Twan Scheepers

Nuwtfly

Phillip Cocu  

695 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I am starting to get concerned by our lack of signings at his point, we need atleast another 3 quality additions who are first team quality or I struggle to see us getting in the playoffs. At the moment we would probably finish slap bang in the middle , we still have some time but at this stage it is getting pretty concerning. I think the Lampard Saga ducked us over.

This point last year we had made 2. Chill out.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I am starting to get concerned by our lack of signings at his point, we need atleast another 3 quality additions who are first team quality or I struggle to see us getting in the playoffs. At the moment we would probably finish slap bang in the middle , we still have some time but at this stage it is getting pretty concerning. I think the Lampard Saga ducked us over.

Last summer did you have any concerns over the right back position? We only had Wisdom who it would be fair to say hasn't been the same player that we saw under McClaren and some academy player getting minutes.

Fast forward 10 months later and reported interest in that academy player from Brighton, fans are asking for £15m figures if we sell him.

Prior to Lampard's arrival I don't recall many, if any saying Bogle is ready to go, why are we not playing him in the first team. 

We're now going into this season believing that academy player is now our first choice right back.

Now I don't for a second believe that every player that comes out of the academy will have the impact that Bogle has, but Sibley for example could be one that does. We've seen Hendrick and Hughes break through at similar times. 

We might not need the quantity of signings people are looking for. I get why people are calling for them, as we do need to replace, but we don't know how many replacements we may have under our noses. 

Funny thing is you see Forest fans get excited over signing the young keeper from Man City, Muric. Has one first team appearance to his name whilst on loan at NAC Breda. Reason they are excited is it's Man City, must be good right if he's at Man City. Fans get blinded by the club the player plays for, a little like England managers.

If we signed say Billy Gilmour from Chelsea, I'm sure some would be delighted, this kid is going places, real coup. Never played first team football, how much have they seen of him, or is this just based on the Chelsea fan blogs hyping him up. *Cough* Josh McEachran *Cough*

Thing is, we finished above Man City in the Premier League 2 for U23s and our U18s are National Champions after beating Arsenal and finishing above the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City.

We might have a bit of talent under our noses right here, It's possible Cocu likes what he has seen from Knight, Bird, Whittaker and may feel they can schtep up.

Let's also not forget bringing in a manager with a bit of tactical nous can be worth 15 points in itself, I want to use Bielsa at Leeds as an example, who thought he could turn them into that, even with cheating.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Funny thing is you see Forest fans get excited over signing the young keeper from Man City, Muric. Has one first team appearance to his name whilst on loan at NAC Breda. Reason they are excited is it's Man City, must be good right if he's at Man City. Fans get blinded by the club the player plays for, a little like England managers.

If we signed say Billy Gilmour from Chelsea, I'm sure some would be delighted, this kid is going places, real coup. Never played first team football, how much have they seen of him, or is this just based on the Chelsea fan blogs hyping him up. *Cough* Josh McEachran *Cough*

Similar to Ethan Ampadu, too.

He's had about 500 minutes of senior football in 2 years, the majority coming for Wales.

Before that he had 8 appearances for Exeter in League Two.

The hype is all we have.

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Similar to Ethan Ampadu, too.

He's had about 500 minutes of senior football in 2 years, the majority coming for Wales.

Before that he had 8 appearances for Exeter in League Two.

The hype is all we have.

A little different, as you say he's played at international level and in the Champions League without looking out of place. Was kept on the first team bench and not allowed to leave on loan. Question marks are can he play a full season at the level he has shown, but the ability has been proven at a level above us.

Where as your Muric and Gilmour, haven't had anything really outside youth football, at which point you can argue are they any better than our own or just buying into this big club hype?

3 minutes ago, David said:

A little different, as you say he's played at international level and in the Champions League without looking out of place. Was kept on the first team bench and not allowed to leave on loan. Question marks are can he play a full season at the level he has shown, but the ability has been proven at a level above us.

Where as your Muric and Gilmour, haven't had anything really outside youth football, at which point you can argue are they any better than our own or just buying into this big club hype?

I think it was Europa League, rather than CL, but could be wrong; but I disagree that he didn't look out of place. I thought he's been very ineffectual in his showings for Chelsea, although they have been very brief.
And his appearances for Wales have only come against absolutely woeful countries, I think - but I haven't looked at the full list.

I agree Muric and Gilmour have even less experience, and I'm not that hyped on them - but Ampadu is a long way off, experience wise, Mount Tomori or Wilson were

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think it was Europa League, rather than CL, but could be wrong; but I disagree that he didn't look out of place. I thought he's been very ineffectual in his showings for Chelsea, although they have been very brief.
And his appearances for Wales have only come against absolutely woeful countries, I think - but I haven't looked at the full list.

I agree Muric and Gilmour have even less experience, and I'm not that hyped on them - but Ampadu is a long way off, experience wise, Mount Tomori or Wilson were

Champions League/Europa League, tomatoes/tomatoes ?

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Forest fans got excited over Silenzi (if  that's how you spell his name) ......how did that end ??

2 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

48D1D635-3191-4767-ACDA-C60060A6B025.thumb.jpeg.4696ce957aef92314be0bfb5153154e9.jpeg

Their first time in the stadium.

Interesting that it seems to be Scheepers who is Cocu's right hand man when it comes to media work, I thought van Der Weerden was the right hand man. Maybe they just have different structure in terms of titles to how we usually work.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Interesting that it seems to be Scheepers who is Cocu's right hand man when it comes to media work, I thought van Der Weerden was the right hand man. Maybe they just have different structure in terms of titles to how we usually work.

Better spoken English might be the reason. I'd expect to see him quite a bit this season for that reason only.

2 hours ago, SaintRam said:

Eyes front and centre.  Concentrating on the job in hand, namely taking in the surrounding stadium.
Not one of them get's caught taking a sneaky second glance... or even a first glance, to be fair!... at the rather delightful looking lass filming on her mobile.

Nerves of steel!  They'll do for me! 

Archived