The Shortlist...

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you acting dumb on purpose? He hasn't been top scorer at the end of the season but early on in the season when we were linked with him he was the current top scorer AT THAT TIME.....you haven't responded to my simple question how do the bottom half of SPL clubs who have finances, resources and stadia on a par with National League teams put out better teams than these equivalent National League teams?

So you are using the fact Conor Sammon was KILMARNOCKS top scorer for a couple of months in 2011 as a reason to why the SPL is terrible? Well if that is all you have then we don’t really have much to talk about do we? 

Your second question makes absolutely no sense, which is why I avoided it. If you can rewrite it in coherent queens english i’ll give it a shot. Put out who? In what? A cup? Put out a squad every week? What are you trying to ask me?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RFCWATP said:

So you are using the fact Conor Sammon was KILMARNOCKS top scorer for a couple of months in 2011 as a reason to why the SPL is terrible? Well if that is all you have then we don’t really have much to talk about do we? 

Your second question makes absolutely no sense, which is why I avoided it. If you can rewrite it in coherent queens english i’ll give it a shot. Put out who? In what? A cup? Put out a squad every week? What are you trying to ask me?

Are you for real? I could write a whole dossier on why the Soggie Pants League is pants. What don't you understand about my question you can't seem to answer? Pretty straight forward. My research tells me the bottom six sides in the Soggie Pants League have the same revenue/finance/resources/stadia as National League teams in England...are you still following??? Consequently logic tells me that as a result the bottom 6 teams in the Soggie Pants league will have similar player budgets as National League teams...the same budgets to buy players and spend on players wages...are you still with me??? Therefore logic tells me the Dundees of this world will put a similar standard team out on a Saturday afternoon as Wrexham or Torquay? Are you still following??? If you disagree with this please explain why.....the fact Rooney left Aberdeen for Salford kind of makes my point nicely....

5 hours ago, RFCWATP said:

By the sounds of it you do not know Scottish Football at all. You have looked at the finances, so in what way do you understand the Scottish game? That’s the issue you think its all about money, however we saw Aberdeen do not too badly V Burnley. To say its league 1 standard tells me you haven’t watched our game at all. We send boys who can’t get a game to league 1 clubs on loan and they do well. How many teams in League 1/championship sides would reach ANY European group stages given the chance (do you guys know what champions league/europa league is? I can explain, i’m sure you don’t have much experience there). Your very own waghorn couldn’t kick his arse in the top flight of our league, you guys also had Johnny feckin Russell as a star man not so long ago, so lets not try and degrade it as L1 standard.

You have players like Ryan Kent and Sheyi Ojo knocking back Championship teams to come up north. Players coming from PSG, City etc. We might not get the money the championship is but we would definitely give you a game... i’m sure i’ll be back in a few weeks ?

kent was useless in championship and ojo isnt good enough for the championship so off you pop to scotland , the spl is of brutal quality , celtic wouldnt win the championship as they are a poor side so id expect the current rangers team to be in bottom 6 of english championship , of rangers current team only morelos would play in last years Derby team 

47 minutes ago, valleyram said:

kent was useless in championship and ojo isnt good enough for the championship so off you pop to scotland , the spl is of brutal quality , celtic wouldnt win the championship as they are a poor side so id expect the current rangers team to be in bottom 6 of english championship , of rangers current team only morelos would play in last years Derby team 

Celtic top 6 championship, Rangers and Dons bottom 6 championship/top league 1, Hearts and Hibs mid table League 1, the rest bottom half league 2/ national league standard......

10 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Rangers are still a much bigger club that us as it stands, regardless of being in a poor quality league. He’s only just started the job of catching up to Celtic and they’re getting closer, no chance in hell he leaves that now.

We will see how good they are on July 28th

2 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Funny that cause everything coming out of the club suggests we’re playing ostrich and burying our heads in the sand, cracking on like Frank isn’t blatantly leaving.

Not strictly true. The club have, it would seem, offered him an extended contract to encourage him to stay. Beyond that, I'm not sure what more they can do publicly. 

What else do you think they could be doing or saying? Sack him for not committing to the club? Issue a list of replacements the club are considering "just in case"?

25 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Prefer Frank and team to stay, but surely the aim is the Premier League. To achieve that we need a manager who has done it before and Chris Hughton would be ideal. Has the personality, contacts and experience and good with the media.

Yes very much so, Hughton has the credentials . Gary Monk is also an interesting one though.  Very good young manager, just needs a decent chairman to work with. 

5 minutes ago, europia said:

Yes very much so, Hughton has the credentials . Gary Monk is also an interesting one though.  Very good young manager, just needs a decent chairman to work with. 

Hughton is definitely the safe bet and the best option I can see as it stands...

8 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Are you for real? I could write a whole dossier on why the Soggie Pants League is pants. What don't you understand about my question you can't seem to answer? Pretty straight forward. My research tells me the bottom six sides in the Soggie Pants League have the same revenue/finance/resources/stadia as National League teams in England...are you still following??? Consequently logic tells me that as a result the bottom 6 teams in the Soggie Pants league will have similar player budgets as National League teams...the same budgets to buy players and spend on players wages...are you still with me??? Therefore logic tells me the Dundees of this world will put a similar standard team out on a Saturday afternoon as Wrexham or Torquay? Are you still following??? If you disagree with this please explain why.....the fact Rooney left Aberdeen for Salford kind of makes my point nicely....

Wow

Archived