• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll play along.

Hughton - not exciting but we're going for promotion

Gerrard - we've loved the ex-player attention, two fingers to lampard

Arteta - major coup but no managerial experience

Phelan - cant see it, not Mel's style

Henry - fits the brief, young, big name, but was terrible at Monaco. Big gamble.

Warnock - no chance

2 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I'll play along.

Hughton - not exciting but we're going for promotion

Gerrard - we've loved the ex-player attention, two fingers to lampard

Arteta - major coup but no managerial experience

Phelan - cant see it, not Mel's style

Henry - fits the brief, young, big name, but was terrible at Monaco. Big gamble.

Warnock - no chance

Arteta the only one there that excites me. If he's nearly good enough for Arsenal, he's good enough for me. 

Be Hughton, though.

Of those its Arteta for me, but he isnt English, so that means he is probably out of the running. Of the others Hughton and Gerrsrd would be ok. Warnock would be a laugh at least and would probably get us promoted.

Mentioned Arteta a while back, think he would be the ideal replacement in terms of continuing on from Lampard in the smoothest possible way.

He doesn't have as big a stature in the game but he has a hell of a lot more experience than Lampard coaching wise. You'd assume from Arteta's coaching background, he would bring that attacking style. To be as highly regarded by a manager like Pep is by no means a guarantee he'd make a good #1, but it's still a pretty good reference.

I think it'd be a big coup and would be an exciting move by Mel yet again.

36 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Mentioned Arteta a while back, think he would be the ideal replacement in terms of continuing on from Lampard in the smoothest possible way.

He doesn't have as big a stature in the game but he has a hell of a lot more experience than Lampard coaching wise. You'd assume from Arteta's coaching background, he would bring that attacking style. To be as highly regarded by a manager like Pep is by no means a guarantee he'd make a good #1, but it's still a pretty good reference.

I think it'd be a big coup and would be an exciting move by Mel yet again.

Get us some loans from Pep as well would be nice. 

1 hour ago, minesahartington said:

Word on the street is that these are on the list 

Hughton,Gerrard, Arteta, Phelan, Thierry Henry! and Wildcard Warnock...

Would that be Sesame Street?

Archived