The Shortlist...

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Still second place... and a lot better than most Derby manager win rates..,

Those all had better records cause they managed in lower leagues, much easier with rangers money down there. I’d be delighted if we appointed him, but like I say, it isn’t going to happen.

Not the case, Murty and Caixinha's (who was vilified whilst Manager there) records relate to the SPL and both have better records than Gerrard.....and please don't compare win rates in that league with Derby Managers in the Championship......the term 'totally different league' springs to mind.....important to get your facts right Millenniumram…….

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Not the case, Murty and Caixinha's (who was vilified whilst Manager there) records relate to the SPL and both have better records than Gerrard.....and please don't compare win rates in that league with Derby Managers in the Championship......the term 'totally different league' springs to mind.....important to get your facts right Millenniumram…….

Think perhaps you ought to get your facts right not me, because gerrard has a better record than the vilified caixinha. Murty appears very harshly sacked, but maybe there was more to it than just win rate- style of football can also be important, and of course the most important final finishing position. And that’s why gerrard is doing a decent job, he’s got them to where they need to be. 

38 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think perhaps you ought to get your facts right not me, because gerrard has a better record than the vilified caixinha. Murty appears very harshly sacked, but maybe there was more to it than just win rate- style of football can also be important, and of course the most important final finishing position. And that’s why gerrard is doing a decent job, he’s got them to where they need to be. 

He hasn't got a better win rate than him...and are you really saying finishing second in that league, in a 2 horse race is a success??? Like saying Joshua did well to come second in his title fight with Ruiz Jnr....priceless...….

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

He hasn't got a better win rate than him...and are you really saying finishing second in that league, in a 2 horse race is a success??? Like saying Joshua did well to come second in his title fight with Ruiz Jnr....priceless...….

He has... It is when they’re significantly worse than Celtic and not that much better than Aberdeen. What more were you expecting him to do, win the league over Celtic?! If so you’ll never think a Manager has done well. There’s no comparison with a bloody boxing fight, that’s a 1V1. The Scottish prem has more than 2 teams in it... and atm its a one horse race for the title. 

44 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He has... It is when they’re significantly worse than Celtic and not that much better than Aberdeen. What more were you expecting him to do, win the league over Celtic?! If so you’ll never think a Manager has done well. There’s no comparison with a bloody boxing fight, that’s a 1V1. The Scottish prem has more than 2 teams in it... and atm its a one horse race for the title. 

Pedro Caixinha win rate as Manager of Rangers 53.85% (ask Rangers fans what they thought of him)

Steven Gerrard win rate as Manager of Rangers 53.33%

Please provide me with some stats to dispute this please...….

Despite there being no money in Scottish football because no mug wants to invest in such dross, what money there is and with their gate receipts and general revenue streams higher, Celtic and Rangers are at a massive advantage over other teams, the bottom 6 of which have the budgets of national league teams in England, so it should be a 2 horse race and to jump up and down with excitement for Rangers finishing second is totally bizarre.....

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Still second place... and a lot better than most Derby manager win rates..,

Those all had better records cause they managed in lower leagues, much easier with rangers money down there. I’d be delighted if we appointed him, but like I say, it isn’t going to happen.

*better win rate than every Derby manager apart from Mac1 and some guy called Ted Manger who only had 11 games but won more than 80%

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Pedro Caixinha win rate as Manager of Rangers 53.85% (ask Rangers fans what they thought of him)

Despite there being no money in Scottish football because no mug wants to invest in such dross, what money there is and with their gate receipts and general revenue streams higher, Celtic and Rangers are at a massive advantage over other teams, the bottom 6 of which have the budgets of national league teams in England, so it should be a 2 horse race and to jump up and down with excitement for Rangers finishing second is totally bizarre.....

Pedro Caixinha had a win rate of 51% im not sure where you’re getting that number from, thus, gerrard has been better.

Its clear I’m not gonna change your mind who’s so obscenely rooted against Scottish football (I’ve never said it’s of decent quality cause it’s not really but to call it national league is beyond ridiculous) so I give up here. I’ve never said I’m jumping up and down at rangers finishing second, I’m just saying it’s a decent job and all that could feasibly be expected at this point. You seem convinced Gerrard has done a woeful job so why don’t you have a go at beating Celtic cause you won’t find it easy up there.

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

*better win rate than every Derby manager apart from Mac1 and some guy called Ted Manger who only had 11 games but won more than 80%

Yep pretty much, Ted Manger should have had more games clearly, could’ve been as good as guardiola If win rate percentages are all we go by (which they shouldn’t be but clearly that’s all the argument I’m allowed).

45 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I'd imagine the biggest issue with Caixinha is not the fact he won "only" 52% of his games but the fact that he lost 30% of them. Also probably didn't help what some of those losses were. A 5-1 home loss to your biggest rivals is enough to make you an unpopular figure at any club.

28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Pedro Caixinha had a win rate of 51% im not sure where you’re getting that number from, thus, gerrard has been better.

Its clear I’m not gonna change your mind who’s so obscenely rooted against Scottish football (I’ve never said it’s of decent quality cause it’s not really but to call it national league is beyond ridiculous) so I give up here. I’ve never said I’m jumping up and down at rangers finishing second, I’m just saying it’s a decent job and all that could feasibly be expected at this point. You seem convinced Gerrard has done a woeful job so why don’t you have a go at beating Celtic cause you won’t find it easy up there.

Can you just provide your source for his win rate of 51% please....

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

No, the one on his actual page that takes into account all the matches he played... 

My figures state based on all competitive games.....basically their win % is very similar...so nothing really for our Stevie to shout about....

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My figures state based on all competitive games.....basically their win % is very similar...so nothing really for our Stevie to shout about....

Their win percentage is very similar whichever way up... but that doesn’t tell the whole story. Never does. It’s about where you finish. Been nothing to shout about yet but you can’t say he’s doing a poor job.

7 hours ago, SKRam said:

Definitely think Gerrard would fancy it big time! No offence to Scottish supporters but how bored can you get in that league..... He’d jump at it without a shadow of a doubt.

I’ve not commented on a replacement as, has rightly been said, Lamps is STILL OUR MANAGER. I’d prefer him to remain our man at the helm. But the only name that excites me is Gerrard. We shall see!! 

Gerrard?

Could end up on his @rse. There must be someone besides him?

image.thumb.jpeg.8ae7523842a17ec64c410baccb044b8b.jpeg

9 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

So you've not commented on a replacement but you have commented on Gerrard. Does that mean you don't see Gerrard as a replacement? Just asking for a confused friend. 

Its ‘football soap’ (for those old enough to remember the tag line...’Confused, you will be, after this weeks episode....’)

Because I’m confident we’ll keep hold of Lampard, but the mention of Gerrard had me thinking hmmm interesting ?

9 hours ago, Archied said:

To be honest if gerrard would jump ship 1 year in after buying players and making commitment for next season then I don’t want him

It’s the classic ‘loyalty’ line. He wouldn’t be the first or the last! 

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Gerrard?

Could end up on his @rse. There must be someone besides him?

image.thumb.jpeg.8ae7523842a17ec64c410baccb044b8b.jpeg

Good chance of Wilson for another season plus maybe another loanee from Scouseland. See, sounding better by the minute ?

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Good chance of Wilson for another season plus maybe another loanee from Scouseland. See, sounding better by the minute ?

Liverpool have a habit of playing their young players.

Much better crop from Chelsea, as there's a huge bottleneck at that club ? 

Archived