Todd Kane - Joined QPR

Nuwtfly

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 loan spells and precisely 0 appearances for the club he was contracted to. In 8 years.

What makes players stick around in those circumstances? Surely they can't be so stupid as to fall for promises made by their club? Perhaps they are just stupid enough to believe their own delusions.

10 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Apparently joined the "race" to sign the full-back after being released by Chelsea.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/Derby-county-premier-league-duo-2957299

From what I read Chelsea wanted to keep him (£) but missed the renewal deadline, a little different to being released, could be a bargain signing for someone.

Hopefully we don't need a new right back though...

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I can see the link, but I really don't rate the guy - I can't emphasis that enough. He's had plenty of loan spells and almost always seems to disappoint, certainly at this level. 

Not for me, I'm afraid. 

Who has he disappointed?

Not a fan myself, has a little about him defensively, but I’m not a fan of him as an overall footballer. We’re not really in need of a right back unless we lose bogle (in which case Kane wouldn’t be a good enough replacement) or wisdom wants to leave for football (more understandable but I’d still hope for better). Decent age mind and may get better, but if prem teams like sheff u and villa are in for him then he’ll go there anyway. Tbh after a loan at championship level he’d probably be hoping for a prem move regardless so don’t see this as likely at all. Wouldn’t bother looking at him myself. Sure he’ll just be one of a number we’re looking at and there ain’t much in this.

Surprised Chelsea wanted to keep hold of him tbh at his age given the level he’s reached, and if they did want to purely to get some cash why not trigger an extension if they had one?

1 minute ago, sage said:

Who has he disappointed?

He's had loan spells at Forest, Blackburn and Bristol if memory serves, plus Hull fans weren't that impressed with him. I think he went on loan to Eredivisie and had his loan terminated for being ineffective. He strikes me as a league one/lower championship standard player. He's also got an injury record that would no doubt rear its head. 

I know we have to be savvy in the transfer market, but this has flop written all over it for me. 

11 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not a fan myself, has a little about him defensively, but I’m not a fan of him as an overall footballer. We’re not really in need of a right back unless we lose bogle (in which case Kane wouldn’t be a good enough replacement) or wisdom wants to leave for football (more understandable but I’d still hope for better). Decent age mind and may get better, but if prem teams like sheff u and villa are in for him then he’ll go there anyway. Tbh after a loan at championship level he’d probably be hoping for a prem move regardless so don’t see this as likely at all. Wouldn’t bother looking at him myself. Sure he’ll just be one of a number we’re looking at and there ain’t much in this.

Surprised Chelsea wanted to keep hold of him tbh at his age given the level he’s reached, and if they did want to purely to get some cash why not trigger an extension if they had one?

If Bogle stays, Wisdom/replacement is only realistically going to play about 5 games. I wouldn’t spend much on that type of backup player so Kane would suit us. On a free he’s a bargain

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If Bogle stays, Wisdom/replacement is only realistically going to play about 5 games. I wouldn’t spend much on that type of backup player so Kane would suit us. On a free he’s a bargain

I wouldn’t be so sure about that, we know more than anyone how often fullbacks can get injured/lose form. Particulary one of bogles age. If we’re spending money on backup players, full back and wingers are where I’d put it most imo. I’d want better than Kane unless we need to rely on him.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

He's had loan spells at Forest, Blackburn and Bristol if memory serves, plus Hull fans weren't that impressed with him. I think he went on loan to Eredivisie and had his loan terminated for being ineffective. He strikes me as a league one/lower championship standard player. He's also got an injury record that would no doubt rear its head. 

I know we have to be savvy in the transfer market, but this has flop written all over it for me. 

Interesting as the Hull fans I know up here really rate him, particularly going forwards.

I'm entering this thread with no knowledge whatsoever, but wouldn't he be well known to Jody Morris? If someone who has seen him develop from a young age rates him, that's good enough for me.

Archived