Lee Bowyer........

Slim charles

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slaven Bilic would have been a bit left field, but like with us I’d have thought they’d be looking at more experience than bowyer has. Doesn’t really matter to us tho as I’m fairly sure we were never looking at him as an option anyway, West Brom without a manager much more likely are. Bilic still looks likely for them tho. Some interesting names on West Brom’s shortlist who’d no doubt be on ours as well should Lampard leave mind.

23 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Slaven Bilic would have been a bit left field, but like with us I’d have thought they’d be looking at more experience than bowyer has. Doesn’t really matter to us tho as I’m fairly sure we were never looking at him as an option anyway, West Brom without a manager much more likely are. Bilic still looks likely for them tho. Some interesting names on West Brom’s shortlist who’d no doubt be on ours as well should Lampard leave mind.

Why would be looking with someone with a bit more experience? We just appointed a man who had never managed a competitive game of football in his life and a couple of managers before that we did the same with Clement. Id rather we go with someone like Bowyer rsther than Bilic.

Just now, GenBr said:

Why would be looking with someone with a bit more experience? We just appointed a man who had never managed a competitive game of football in his life and a couple of managers before that we did the same with Clement. Id rather we go with someone like Bowyer rsther than Bilic.

Lampard worked but doesn’t mean everyone will- case in point clement. I’d rather bowyer than Bilic yeah cause Bilic has vanished for a couple of years and seems to be yesterday’s man, but I’d still rather someone a bit more proven and respected like jokanovic.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Lampard worked but doesn’t mean everyone will- case in point clement. I’d rather bowyer than Bilic yeah cause Bilic has vanished for a couple of years and seems to be yesterday’s man, but I’d still rather someone a bit more proven and respected like jokanovic.

I would agree Jokanovic would be a good choice. Its whether we can afford him or not is the question.

There doesnt really seem to be a pattern to our manager selection though - whoever is available at the time regardless of the style their teams usually play seems to be our usual method.

If we are going really left field i'd throw Sol Campbell in to the ring. Done a pretty good job at a club in an even worse position than Charlton. And since he doesnt seem to mind not being paid he would be good for ffp as well.

7 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I would agree Jokanovic would be a good choice. Its whether we can afford him or not is the question.

There doesnt really seem to be a pattern to our manager selection though - whoever is available at the time regardless of the style their teams usually play seems to be our usual method.

If we are going really left field i'd throw Sol Campbell in to the ring. Done a pretty good job at a club in an even worse position than Charlton. And since he doesnt seem to mind not being paid he would be good for ffp as well.

He’d have to take a pay cut but I’m sure he realises that, with no compensation and 4m for frank it’d be possible I’d say.

Second point is our biggest issue- it’s not the number of managers we’ve had, it’s the number of different types. In the modern game you have to expect to change managers a lot, but if you do so ensuring you keep the same style of play it shouldn’t be a problem as players will still suit. Forcing players to play different styles has been our killer.

Campbell did a decent job again at Macclesfield, but again I’m not so sure he’s got enough experience for me- I’d be wary of giving it to a one season manager, even if that season was a decent one.

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He’d have to take a pay cut but I’m sure he realises that, with no compensation and 4m for frank it’d be possible I’d say.

Second point is our biggest issue- it’s not the number of managers we’ve had, it’s the number of different types. In the modern game you have to expect to change managers a lot, but if you do so ensuring you keep the same style of play it shouldn’t be a problem as players will still suit. Forcing players to play different styles has been our killer.

Campbell did a decent job again at Macclesfield, but again I’m not so sure he’s got enough experience for me- I’d be wary of giving it to a one season manager, even if that season was a decent one.

No thanks to Campbell.  I can't criticise his performance in role so far, but after having Rowett go off to Stoke and Mac flirting with Newcastle, would we really want someone whose lack of loyalty is so well documented?

4 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

I only watched their play off games, but they looked a decent YOUNG footballing side, especially for that level.

ive also read a fair bit of praise for how he galvanised the club, that was a bit down in the dumps, and created a real togetherness amongst the squad.

basically what Lampard did here, but in the division below,  with promotion at the end.

i 100% agree we really need a manger to stay for a more than 1 bloody season, but if Lampard chooses to leave, I’d personally be happy giving Bowyer a chance.

I'd be surprised if he left Charlton after just achieving promotion with them. He's from London and is now managing the club he first played for in his career so that will be quite a pull for him.

Archived