Lee Bowyer........

Slim charles

52 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Alexa - show me a massive downgrade on Frank Lampard

p153.png

Could you briefly outline, based on their debut seasons in management, why he'd be a downgrade? 

Unless of course you're talking about how handsome they both are in which case, fair enough. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Could you briefly outline, based on their debut seasons in management, why he'd be a downgrade? 

Unless of course you're talking about how handsome they both are in which case, fair enough. 

For me, he would be a downgrade purely on the basis of Frank having better contacts in the game, it almost seems a given that Chelsea will trust Frank with top talent in the hope that he will be managing them in the future.  

I can't see Lee Bowyer having those contacts and would bet my mortgage that if Bowyer had been appointed last season we wouldn't have enjoyed a season of Wilson, Tomori or Mount.

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

For me, he would be a downgrade purely on the basis of Frank having better contacts in the game, it almost seems a given that Chelsea will trust Frank with top talent in the hope that he will be managing them in the future.  

I can't see Lee Bowyer having those contacts and would bet my mortgage that if Bowyer had been appointed last season we wouldn't have enjoyed a season of Wilson, Tomori or Mount.

So what we’re saying is that Lampard has the greater contacts giving him greater players at his disposal but Bowyer worked well with what he had in very tough circumstances. Both having successful seasons.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

I could 100% get excited about this. He was a bit of a rum'un in his youth but it's amazing what getting married and having a couple of kids will do to your outlook on life.

Are we talking about Jody Morris here? :-)

It's a bit of a lame one isn't it? If our manager leaves, even though he has promised he won't and is behind Alegri in the running for the job he is being touted for, then maybe we might go after another manager who seems to loosely fit the mould of our last two managers.

What next? Derby rumoured to be considered white shirt and black shorts for home kit next season?

53 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

So what we’re saying is that Lampard has the greater contacts giving him greater players at his disposal but Bowyer worked well with what he had in very tough circumstances. Both having successful seasons.

Bowyer worked well with basically nothing. If we are going to change manager id rather do it now, so any new manager has time to change the squad to his liking. This summer gives a Derby manager the biggest opportunity in a while to shape the team.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Done a good job at Charlton, no reason not to consider him if it comes to it.

We have to assume a) Chelsea consider Lampard a viable option (probably one of several and probably not first pick) and b) if offered Lampard would go.

so that puts us in a position where we have to consider our options.

I may be proved wrong but if offered the job now I don't think Lampard would take it.

I think he would discuss with Chelsea that he obviously wants the job, but only when he thinks he can do himself and Chelsea justice

6 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I may be proved wrong but if offered the job now I don't think Lampard would take it.

I think he would discuss with Chelsea that he obviously wants the job, but only when he thinks he can do himself and Chelsea justice

That's rational and sensible, but I just can't help thinking that Lampard would think "if I don't take it now I might not get another shot at it" - football is a game that it's pretty unforgiving and many an upwards managerial career has turned to ashes in a matter on months.

If Lampard goes, we should definitely stick the recently retired ex-brilliant player. On the condition that the ex-player had a good football brain.

If nothing else it promotes the club.

Its either that or we go ugly, appoint Warnock and go up.

3 minutes ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

If Lampard goes, we should definitely stick the recently retired ex-brilliant player. On the condition that the ex-player had a good football brain.

Warnock would be too ugly, even for me.

1 hour ago, SuperFrankieLampard said:

Arteta could be an option yet

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Arteta could be an option yet

He's the best suggestion of those mentioned so far. I would expect him to have good loan contacts at City, Everton & possibly still Arsenal.

Still don't think Lampard will go - as strong as the pull of going back to Chelsea is, I think he's shrewd enough to realise it's too soon in his managerial career. Their turnover of managers would indicate that another opportunity will most likely come along in 2-3 years time so even greater incentive to do well with us.

4 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Morris obviously wants young, hungry managers as a priority so Bowyer fits the mould - What kind of football have Charlton been playing? That's the key for me as I don't fancy another Rowett coming in

I only watched their play off games, but they looked a decent YOUNG footballing side, especially for that level.

ive also read a fair bit of praise for how he galvanised the club, that was a bit down in the dumps, and created a real togetherness amongst the squad.

basically what Lampard did here, but in the division below,  with promotion at the end.

i 100% agree we really need a manger to stay for a more than 1 bloody season, but if Lampard chooses to leave, I’d personally be happy giving Bowyer a chance.

Archived