Lee Bowyer........

Slim charles

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s had a terrific first season in management. 

Charlton are in absolute disarray. Couldn’t fill their bench for their first game of the season. Lost their top goal scorer in January. Didn’t spend a penny either. 

He took them up ahead of giants like Portsmouth and Sunderland. 

Will be written off due to some very poor choices made as a younger man. Fair enough if that’s what puts you off but don’t criticise him for footballing acumen. 

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Hope Frank and Jody stay, but if they were to move to Chelsea I personally would want either Jokanovich or Hughton not Bowyer. 

Jokanovich i would take but not hughton .. good manager but plays terrible % football.

If we went for Bowyer after Lampard when Jokanovich and Hughton are available I think it would suggest finances are far tighter than we would hope.

Hughton and Jokanovich would want money to spend, Bowyer would be grateful of the step up.

I pray we announce a Lampard contract extension asap, but it's starting to look unlikely. 

I could 100% get excited about this. He was a bit of a rum'un in his youth but it's amazing what getting married and having a couple of kids will do to your outlook on life.

If Frank leaves he'd be a good shout. I bet Leeds would've taken him if Bielsa had left.

I'd cry a little over this - Not because of the appointment but because it puts us back to square one again - We NEED to pull out everything to try and keep Lampard and Morris at the club so we can start building something - Otherwise yet again we'll have a manager coming in trying to do new stuff and working with someone else's squad and losing any momentum from the season just gone

Morris obviously wants young, hungry managers as a priority so Bowyer fits the mould - What kind of football have Charlton been playing? That's the key for me as I don't fancy another Rowett coming in

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'd cry a little over this - Not because of the appointment but because it puts us back to square one again - We NEED to pull out everything to try and keep Lampard and Morris at the club so we can start building something - Otherwise yet again we'll have a manager coming in trying to do new stuff and working with someone else's squad and losing any momentum from the season just gone

Morris obviously wants young, hungry managers as a priority so Bowyer fits the mould - What kind of football have Charlton been playing? That's the key for me as I don't fancy another Rowett coming in

Cheron i am getting a little worried this week i keep agreeing with you!

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

He’s had a terrific first season in management. 

Charlton are in absolute disarray. Couldn’t fill their bench for their first game of the season. Lost their top goal scorer in January. Didn’t spend a penny either. 

He took them up ahead of giants like Portsmouth and Sunderland. 

Will be written off due to some very poor choices made as a younger man. Fair enough if that’s what puts you off but don’t criticise him for footballing acumen. 

The irony is that a little digging discovers our very own Jody Morris has just as bad a history as a young footballer. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

To be fair, people seem happy to ignore some of the terrible things Jody Morris has done throughout his life. Lampard hasn’t exactly got a clean rap sheet either.

Done a good job at Charlton, no reason not to consider him if it comes to it.

We have to assume a) Chelsea consider Lampard a viable option (probably one of several and probably not first pick) and b) if offered Lampard would go.

so that puts us in a position where we have to consider our options.

Archived