Tips for people travelling by car to Wembley.

Rambalin

Thought a good idea would be for people to give others who have not been before....tips on where to park and how to then get to the ground.

Personally I am travelling down on the Sunday and staying over near St Alban's/Hemel Hempstead with few hours in St Alban's. Then getting the train in from Denham.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rambalin said:

Thought a good idea would be for people to give others who have not been before....tips on where to park and how to then get to the ground.

Personally I am travelling down on the Sunday and staying over near St Alban's/Hemel Hempstead with few hours in St Alban's. Then getting the train in from Denham.

Don't go to Stanmore.

I know where to park for free. Not sure i have mentioned it on here before.

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Don't go to Stanmore.

I know where to park for free. Not sure i have mentioned it on here before.

Yes, keep away from Stanmore! 

Heard it was gridlocked last time and I don’t want none of that shenanigans now I’ve paid £15

24 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Yes, keep away from Stanmore! 

Heard it was gridlocked last time and I don’t want none of that shenanigans now I’ve paid £15

Exactly this...keep away from Stanmore (until after 10:30 at least)...although I only paid £13.60 

Go on the JustPark website, book a space on someone’s drive.

I’ve paid £20 and it’s 5 min walk from the stadium.

I did this for the England Croatia game in November and the getaway wasn’t too bad either, after 30min of crawling we were soon on the motorway.

46 minutes ago, Burton_Ram said:

Go on the JustPark website, book a space on someone’s drive.

I’ve paid £20 and it’s 5 min walk from the stadium.

I did this for the England Croatia game in November and the getaway wasn’t too bad either, after 30min of crawling we were soon on the motorway.

Great idea, but some people try a and get 3 or 3 cars on the drive, if you are first their, you will be last to leave. look for permit addresses allowing you to park in the street.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Don’t nick my space at Stanmore!

Believe Stanmore and Cannons Park is all booked up, 3/4 remain on a first come first served basis so it’s an early arrival if you want a space there.

People sell their drive spaces either to people on the day of arrival or through Parkonmy drive.com

Last two times it has been grid lock at Stanmore owing to 10,000 people having the same idea.

Got the old mans blue badge, park in the villa car park next to the stadium, if we lose it’s staight out and home before they think about leaving the ground, if we win they will have all gone by the time we are ready to set off ! Winner winner !

My mate at work is a villa season ticket holder he says stanmore is where many of the villa fans parked last year.He said it was fine then but they were playing a London club and they intend parking there the same again this time.

I've used Stanmore a few times for normal matches (Charlton, Milwall - assuming Millwall can be classed as normal) and it was fine. But last time I went past the station the car park had been deolished, so there may well be parking shortages there.

You could go M40, M25, M4 into Hillingdon station and go from there.

Archived