Bizzle

Day

Just being mega critical, my only complaint about him today was taking his shirt off when he'd scored. I really don't understand why players feel the need to do this in full knowledge that they'll get booked.

Shortly afterwards, he was racing back to prevent a West Brom break away. I really thought he was going to bring their player down resulting probably in a second yellow. It would have been a real shame after coming on and making another fantastic impact.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Just being mega critical, my only complaint about him today was taking his shirt off when he'd scored. I really don't understand why players feel the need to do this in full knowledge that they'll get booked.

Shortly afterwards, he was racing back to prevent a West Brom break away. I really thought he was going to bring their player down resulting probably in a second yellow. It would have been a real shame after coming on and making another fantastic impact.

Totally agree.  Much rather he took a yellow by bringing the WBA player down on the half way line......... couldn’t because he’d already been carded for taking his shirt off.  Might be a daft rule but it’s there and refs are instructed it’s a yellow every time so why do it?

That said, I bloody love Mason Bennett ?????

9 hours ago, wingfieldram said:

Isnt he a Shirebrook boy...wonder if he was a Spireite as a lad?....or even a Stag?

I saw him in Mansfield last summer going to get his hair cut. 

11 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I think we need to have DNA tests. He’s 42 claiming to be 22. Those wrinkles took longer than 22 years to manifest 

Growing up in Shirebrook when you are black. Hmm that may add some worry lines.

38 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I saw him in Mansfield last summer going to get his hair cut. 

He definitely lives in Mansfield... knew it anyway but he tweeted something last week following someone slagging off Mansfield as a town.

I'm so pleased for Mason. He must have had some very dark times wondering if his career was ever going to happen. From making your debut when you are so young, to getting injury after injury, then loan spells which didn't really work out for him.

He's now got a manager that has figured him out psychologically and has put the faith into him to actually deliver something at the club he's been in all his life. He's had a couple of huge moments that will likely live with him forever whatever happens in his career from here, none more so than yesterday, and that's absolutely brilliant for him.

We can all say he lacks this and that, but he doesn't lack effort and passion and that's something a fair few players we've had recently haven't had - suffice to say, all squads need a Mason Bennett.

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I was the same, i was just thinking let him run.

It was daft doing it but i dont know why its a rule, fair enough if you throw your shirt in the crowd, but really dont see the problem, a rule made up by fat old man in grey suits who dont like the fact they never had a one pack never mind a six pack.

He’s been at derby for his entire career and he’d just come off the bench to score the goal that could send us into the play offs. It was silly but I’d have done the same. Football without emotions wouldn’t be right 

On 06/05/2019 at 08:21, Paul71 said:

I was the same, i was just thinking let him run.

It was daft doing it but i dont know why its a rule, fair enough if you throw your shirt in the crowd, but really dont see the problem, a rule made up by fat old man in grey suits who dont like the fact they never had a one pack never mind a six pack.

Well this one's gone full firkin and a worthy investment it is as well......?

On 05/05/2019 at 18:41, Gritters said:

Again I haven’t been his biggest fan over time but he is good at challenging for balls in the air, he chases down and back. I think Frank can see a bit of a rough diamond there and he is trying to get the best out of him. If he can do that he is showing signs of a good manager.

what do you mean "if he can"He is a GOOD manager.He has got us playing watchable football,hes got us in the play offs,he introduced Boggle into the first team for the first friendly now Boggles looking like a future england players,i say WELL DONE FRANK the only thing you need to do now is show us how to qualify for Europe next season

On 05/05/2019 at 21:56, wingfieldram said:

Isnt he a Shirebrook boy...wonder if he was a Spireite as a lad?....or even a Stag?

I went to school with both him and his brother.  I think at least one of them was a Man Utd fan but I could be mistaken

Archived