Joey Barton in trouble again

Day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Moist One said:

there's word it was more of a fight than an assault. There is also an accusation that the Barnsley manager called Barton a "scally", but I doubt he'd know what one was!

Put Barton in the clink if proven Guilty,and every time he reoffends send him back inside for a longer spell,banker

On 13/04/2019 at 23:38, Wolfie20 said:

Yet there were still a few posters who wanted us to sign him as a player. Incredible!

Wasnt just a few as I remember Wolfie. I put a post up highlighting his particular nasty nasty brand of thugishness and was argued with vehmently by a good few. 

The fella is scum. Top tp bottom. Hideous man. 

I don't quite buy the scumbag tag that he seems to (admittedly) want to drape on his own back. There is a smart lad in here, one that is obviously challenged by the Hyde side of his personality. But the last line of this 'I took the ball off better players than me and gave it to better players than me' is a pretty astute, self aware and insightful comment. He might have been fed it but it doesn't feel that way.

BTW - first hand reference - a group of young lads I know met him in Las Vegas a couple of years back. They had nothing but good words for him, he picked up their drinks tab, drunk with them all night and was genuinely interested in them. For me, I'm prepared to go with that reference than the media image that has (likely not without a few strong reference points) painted of him.

Sith Happens
11 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

I don't quite buy the scumbag tag that he seems to (admittedly) want to drape on his own back. There is a smart lad in here, one that is obviously challenged by the Hyde side of his personality. But the last line of this 'I took the ball off better players than me and gave it to better players than me' is a pretty astute, self aware and insightful comment. He might have been fed it but it doesn't feel that way.

BTW - first hand reference - a group of young lads I know met him in Las Vegas a couple of years back. They had nothing but good words for him, he picked up their drinks tab, drunk with them all night and was genuinely interested in them. For me, I'm prepared to go with that reference than the media image that has (likely not without a few strong reference points) painted of him.

To be fair there are probably folk out there that say 'fred west, lovely fella, would never have thought it'

14 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

To be fair, considering his brother's doing life for putting an icepick in a lad's head just because he was black, I think it's fair to say that Joey's turned out a lot better than he could have done

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, David said:

I did a quick google........

- The mail says it was one of his friends who punched some others in a "mass brawl" and a picture captures the incident, which shows 4 people on a deserted beach in Newquay.

- the metro reports in addition that his group were thrown out of a bar over the weekend for being "too noisy"

- and cornwall live details that the fight erupted when someone from a rival group "rugby tackled" one of Barton's pals, whilst they were, er, holding races across the sand

- police have confirmed that they have had no reports of any incidents.

Mr Storm, may I introduce you to Mr Teacup.......? ?

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I did a quick google........

- The mail says it was one of his friends who punched some others in a "mass brawl" and a picture captures the incident, which shows 4 people on a deserted beach in Newquay.

- the metro reports in addition that his group were thrown out of a bar over the weekend for being "too noisy"

- and cornwall live details that the fight erupted when someone from a rival group "rugby tackled" one of Barton's pals, whilst they were, er, holding races across the sand

- police have confirmed that they have had no reports of any incidents.

Mr Storm, may I introduce you to Mr Teacup.......? ?

The real scandal will be when it comes out he bet two quid against his mate in the punch up....

even by joey Barton standards its pretty weak material. OK hardly model behaviour to give your kids a role model but probably not news worthy.

Archived