Pastinaak's many failures

Parsnip

Since I've been using my phone to pay for everything recently, I wasn't overly concerned when I lost my bank card. Thought it must just be in the house somewhere. Until a week later the bank texted me to check some recent transactions. Some cheeky blighter had racked up £300 in 2 days on 6 separate Deliveroo orders and some crap from uniquelo.com whatever that is. Greedy buggers eating junk food on my card!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Since I've been using my phone to pay for everything recently, I wasn't overly concerned when I lost my bank card. Thought it must just be in the house somewhere. Until a week later the bank texted me to check some recent transactions. Some cheeky blighter had racked up £300 in 2 days on 6 separate Deliveroo orders and some crap from uniquelo.com whatever that is. Greedy buggers eating junk food on my card!

Cheers, I'm stuffed!

grilling bartolo colon GIF

14 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I'm surprised you're still allowed out of the house with your wallet with your past experiences. 

• 1 month later...

Amazon tried to take me on today but I was too good for them.

It all started out well, until I made the mistake of using the word 'broke' instead of 'defect'...

Screenshot_20190603-210149_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f55f7b71e1cc330d150a64448d57582f.jpg

It descended into absolute chaos so I tried again using the magic word...

Screenshot_20190603-210205_Gallery.thumb.jpg.9d159af5aac72fd83f5a16b910869191.jpg

But Antika was having none of it...

Screenshot_20190603-205531_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ac0c9977af957fffa58033130861cbbb.jpg

I felt our relationship had broken down at this point, or become defective, so I quickly disconnected and reconnected to Abu, armed with my new magic word...

Screenshot_20190603-210914_Messenger.thumb.jpg.50d9c9979b2f7ff439ff9f080a09eda5.jpg

Abu was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed my shopping experience. So remember... when dealing with Amazon the magic word is 'defect'- don't say 'broke'!

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Van Wolfie said:

I’ve just bought a plug in LED night light off Amazon for £4.29. Delivery tomorrow. 

Just who the duck makes any money on that purchase?

I’ve seen them for £3.99

Ask Sir Sugar about mass production and margins. ?

• 2 months later...

So Chesterfield have started using CCTV to follow people who park their cars at the retail park to make sure you're not just parking there for free and walking into town - which is what I always do. Got a £100 parking charge this morning so here I am wasting my Thursday evening writing my appeal! No way am I paying this one...

Screenshot_20191010-220305_Gallery.thumb.jpg.16198ffdd69428052477c361fe0b8e3f.jpg

I will update once my appeal has been upheld.

55 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

So Chesterfield have started using CCTV to follow people who park their cars at the retail park to make sure you're not just parking there for free and walking into town - which is what I always do. Got a £100 parking charge this morning so here I am wasting my Thursday evening writing my appeal! No way am I paying this one...

Screenshot_20191010-220305_Gallery.thumb.jpg.16198ffdd69428052477c361fe0b8e3f.jpg

I will update once my appeal has been upheld.

I'm guessing you already know this gien your 'appeal letter' but just in case... Unless the ticket is issued by the council or the police it's unenforceable, much like the one's issued by motorway services and the like. I've had a good few over the years and it's always the same process: ticket - ignored, letter - ignored, letter threatening legal action - ignored, letter claiming to be from legal department - ignored, then no further correspondence.

Failing that, claiming you've soiled yourself seems as good an option as any ?

12 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'm guessing you already know this gien your 'appeal letter' but just in case... Unless the ticket is issued by the council or the police it's unenforceable, much like the one's issued by motorway services and the like. I've had a good few over the years and it's always the same process: ticket - ignored, letter - ignored, letter threatening legal action - ignored, letter claiming to be from legal department - ignored, then no further correspondence.

Failing that, claiming you've soiled yourself seems as good an option as any ?

I often hear this but are they really not enforceable? I hear stories where they have been. The missus got one parking locally and I told her to ignore it but she caved and paid. Is it an urban myth that they can't be enforced?

The other thing I hear all the time is that if you keep changing lanes on a motorway, the average speed limit camera's cant keep a track of you. I am tempted to try but again not sure if that is bollx. I still see people going past doing 65+ in these zones. Do they know something I don't?

23 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

I often hear this but are they really not enforceable? I hear stories where they have been. The missus got one parking locally and I told her to ignore it but she caved and paid. Is it an urban myth that they can't be enforced?

The other thing I hear all the time is that if you keep changing lanes on a motorway, the average speed limit camera's cant keep a track of you. I am tempted to try but again not sure if that is bollx. I still see people going past doing 65+ in these zones. Do they know something I don't?

The former is definitely not an urban myth. I'll dig up some links but I promise you what I've stated is true. The sneaky buggers send as a final gambit a letter that looks like folk are being taken to court at which point a lot of people crumble and pay up. If you simply ignore that too, that's the end of the matter. It's the same legal principle as unauthorised private entities no longer being able to clamp your car.

As for the average speed traps, as far as I know, ANPR clocks you in and out so I can't see that changing lanes will make any difference. I've been a 3 speed awareness courses over the years and by far and away the most common offence related to average speed cameras so I'd assume that the guys whizzing past you at 65MPH are most likely getting a letter they wish they hadn't a week or two later.

EDIT: Have a Google to put your own mind at rest but these summarise things quite well

https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/motoring/cars/using/2016/parking-fines-on-private-land

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/motorway-services/

Not such good news on the speedcams - deffo a myth

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-clinic/advice/average-speed-cameras-work-changing-lane-help-avoid-speeding-fines/

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

The sneaky buggers send as a final gambit a letter that looks like folk are being taken to court at which point a lot of people crumble and pay up.

The Mrs had all this earlier in the year - i convinced her to call their bluff (on your advice I think!) and ignore the court threat. The next thing she got was a county court hearing so I had to pay her parking fine + the £60 court costs otherwise she'd have a CCJ. She got rate mad wi me. That's why this time I've decided to properly appeal.

5 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

The Mrs had all this earlier in the year - i convinced her to call their bluff (on your advice I think!) and ignore the court threat. The next thing she got was a county court hearing so I had to pay her parking fine + the £60 court costs otherwise she'd have a CCJ. She got rate mad wi me. That's why this time I've decided to properly appeal.

Sue him. I'll take the case.

@86 Schmokes & a Pancake, you're toast mate.

Archived