Derby County have been charged with not controlling their players.

DJFern94

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I didn’t think much happened. The ref was at fault for not giving a penalty.

As I say, whether you think he was wrong or right, and I thought too the ref got it wrong..... it’s certainly not his fault the way the players surrounded him..... 

1 hour ago, ramit said:

Didn't see the game and can't find footage of the incident, but surrounding the ref should be punished IMO

Was it really a penalty?  Cole is known for diving.

I posted it on Twitter as was behind the goal. 90,000 views and counting so far so it is out there.

Looks like a blatant penalty every time I watch it.

20 minutes ago, admira said:

I posted it on Twitter as was behind the goal. 90,000 views and counting so far so it is out there.

No Referee anywhere in the world would give a penalty standing yards behind the play video is complete waste of time,.But these professional players should all realise a refereee has NEVER changed his mind because of anything said by players.

I didn’t see a huge amount out of control myself, just protesting against an absolutely horrendous decision made by a referee who gave nothing our way all match. Refs are arrogant so I don’t get why they were protesting, hardly likely to change his mind, but it was hardly “out of control”. Nothing not seen in pretty much any match when a decision goes against a team anyway 

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I didn’t see a huge amount out of control myself, just protesting against an absolutely horrendous decision made by a referee who gave nothing our way all match. Refs are arrogant so I don’t get why they were protesting, hardly likely to change his mind, but it was hardly “out of control”. Nothing not seen in pretty much any match when a decision goes against a team anyway 

That’s very sweeping..... bit like me saying every football manager is..... 

and with your out of control statement, imagine if it goes unpunished, you’re giving carte Blanche to any player on a Sunday morning to do that to a ref whose got no protection and is on their own trying to do something they love for a few quid 

30 minutes ago, admira said:

i agree, that does indeed look like a clear penalty.  Thanks for the footage Admira

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

That’s very sweeping..... bit like me saying every football manager is..... 

and with your out of control statement, imagine if it goes unpunished, you’re giving carte Blanche to any player on a Sunday morning to do that to a ref whose got no protection and is on their own trying to do something they love for a few quid 

Well, perhaps not all, but quite a few certainly are...

What, getting moaned at for a decision? Cause that’s all that happened as far as I could tell. No one was attacking him, no one was abusing him, just your classic ‘your wrong ref’ sort of thing. If you’re in a job where you make decisions, you’ve got to be expecting people to disagree with them sometimes. Particulary when you make the wrong call like I’m sure he now realises he did there. This sort of thing goes unpunished week in, week out.. personally I do think you need to enforce the rule where only the captain can approach the ref to dispute a decision law a bit better, but choosing an isolated incident of it like this is just ludicrous.

Maybe I missed something as I was busy going ballistic in the crowd at the decision myself, but I saw nothing that you don’t see on sky pretty much every prem game. No one even got booked.

2 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Fair, irrespective of what you think a decision should be. 

Completely agree. No complaints really. We see worse examples of players surrounding the ref, and also worse/better decisions. But, ultimately regardless of that, they did surround him and it is against the rules. ?‍♂️

Highlights are here - skip to 1:50 for the foul

Difficult to judge at that angle - certainly looks less clear cut than the footage from in the stand. Cole's hands going up like that doo look suspect - but "failing to control our players"? Do me a favour. They approach the ref and then Keogh shoves them all away and the ref walks off. That looks like a text book "succeeding in controlling our players" to me

I have to wonder how exactly we can be punished for failing to control our players when not one of them was punished for their actions at the time, only Cole for "diving" prior to the incident. If they were "out of control" and overstepped a mark, wouldn't at least one of them have received punishment for their behaviour at the time? 

Archived