Mel Morris

Mazzaram

55 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I’m somewhere in between the @Mafiabob‘s and the Mel-lovers. He has shown a propensity to be a little bit like a politician in the past (not mentioning the stadium sale, “I will not sack Paul Clement”, etc), but it would be harsh to treat every move he makes as political. 

Does anyone actually know if he was a regular attendee for 40 years? I’ve never heard any evidence of him being so, but if I’ve missed it then fair enough.

Sorry Burton, I'm sure it was asked without malice but why are you even questioning if he's been a regular for 40 years and why/how should he prove it?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Fair enough I might be wrong and harsh I’ll concede, just find it funny he does this after a set of financial results showing we had to do something to the stadium to keep tight within FFP

I must say I was surprised by the reaction of the seeming majority of fans to the whole stadium thing.

Selling our stadium to himself to keep us inside FFP isn't something to be celebrated, cheered or laughed at. 

It instead just suggests that the club, like many Championship clubs, are really struggling. 

43 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sorry Burton, I'm sure it was asked without malice but why are you even questioning if he's been a regular for 40 years and why/how should he prove it?

No worries mate, we don’t have to agree all the time to get on!

I just questioned the validity of his statement in @loweman2‘s post on Page 1. I hear all the time that he’s always been a fan, but I’m not sure whether he really is one or just a bloke using his local status to curry favour. I’m not judging either way, but I think some of his actions and statements are swept under the carpet a little.

2 hours ago, angieram said:

It's only a small minority who do this on here, and I suspect it is similar in real life. 

I find the constant negative repetition of some of these posters quite annoying and have them on ignore (as I am sure they do me!). However, others are great posters in general and I am at a loss to understand why they dislike Mel so much. 

I know by looking through your posts that you indeed have myself on ignore so this post obviously isn't meant for yourself but for the wider consensus of posters on here.

I know this as I don't have you on ignore likewise or anyone else for matter. Why? Because I see no point in blocking someone that simply disagrees with my opinion or vice versa.  

I have never been banned for making racist, homophobic comments yet you have the temerity to block me because you simply do not like some things that I say. This is your prerogative as is everyone else to block me who simply disagrees with my opinion. 

Isn't the world a poorer place for not being able to hold a reasoned debate and discussion rather then stick your fingers in your ears like a child when someone tells you something that you don't like. 

Hopefully another poster whom you haven't blocked will share this but seeing as your mind is obviously closed then I'm not expecting any positive outcomes or self reflection on your part.

15 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

No worries mate, we don’t have to agree all the time to get on!

I just questioned the validity of his statement in @loweman2‘s post on Page 1. I hear all the time that he’s always been a fan, but I’m not sure whether he really is one or just a bloke using his local status to curry favour. I’m not judging either way, but I think some of his actions and statements are swept under the carpet a little.

£150 million of his own money to curry favor, with little chance of getting it back, was your post a serious one?

Some  of the postings on here beggars belief.

If I was Mel I would not take some of the comments on here lying down.

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Once a fan always a fan.

Thing is, Fawaz was never a fan, but some people just can’t bare anything positive being said about our owner.

Hope you’re all happy if we get a foreign owner who shows no passion and doesn’t give a second thought to the fans.

Well said that man ? Mel may not be perfect (not many of us are) but why any fan would want to criticise & cast aspersions is beyond me ? just what do people want\expect???

1 minute ago, CROSSWORD said:

Does seem kind of pointless blocking people you disagree with on a fan forum.I enjoy the variety to be honest.

Exactly this.  I'm going to say lalalala with my fingers in my ears as I don't like what you're telling me. Childish puerile and immature.  

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Yeah because Kuwait is on Nottinghams doorstep.

16 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

£150 million of his own money to curry favor, with little chance of getting it back, was your post a serious one?

Bit like me when people say he’s a legend and we owe a lot to the man. 

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Bit like me when people say he’s a legend and we owe a lot to the man. 

Anything MM has done has been his choice I don’t think anyone owes anything to him. 

I have been a fan on the terraces for over 40 years and if I was in his position I would be in the pub with the fans before the game too. If I had his money I’d get the drinks in as well. 

25 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Am wondering at what point you're going to put the OP on Ignore as they have said something you disagree with.

If you haven't already 

15 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Anything MM has done has been his choice I don’t think anyone owes anything to him. 

I have been a fan on the terraces for over 40 years and if I was in his position I would be in the pub with the fans before the game too. If I had his money I’d get the drinks in as well. 

So would I. In fact, it’s my ultimate dream.

But that’s because it’s what I’ve been doing for years. I can show that I’ve had a season ticket since the age of 6. That I’ve been to most away games for a few seasons now. And I’m sure you could demonstrate that you’ve also been going for over 40 years.

This isn’t an ‘I go to more games, therefore I’m more worthy’ post. And, of course, I don’t expect an owner to be a lifelong fan or any sort of fan at all. I just expect him to back up his statements with evidence, lest he be questioned for his honesty, particularly when he’s had history of being flexible with the truth. 

Did he ever have a season ticket? Did anyone ever see him at an away game? Money was clearly no object.

34 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

Does seem kind of pointless blocking people you disagree with on a fan forum.I enjoy the variety to be honest.

I have one or two blocked I think, not because they don’t agree with me but more because I just got sick of the tone of their posts and more how THEY can’t deal with people who don’t agree. 

26 minutes ago, CROSSWORD said:

I disagree, unlike other forms of social media forums are open communities, you do not create newsfeeds or timelines through following/adding users you wish to engage with, everything is just out there.

We all like to consume different types of content, be it TV, magazines or other opinions. 

If someone does not wish to view X users posts because they ruin their enjoyment of the forum, the ignore tool is a great way to remove their content. 

I'm actually working on improving the ignore system to include the removal of posts that contain quotes from ignored users.

4 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

I never ignore anyone especially posters who have no idea what they are posting about.

I only have an opinion, where do I and many claim we know stuff?

Do you have an idea yourself? It’s all opinions, don’t think some realise it’s more frustration, I do not hate the guy or commitment, but it feels like you can’t question him because he’s “one of our own” 

17 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

So would I. In fact, it’s my ultimate dream.

But that’s because it’s what I’ve been doing for years. I can show that I’ve had a season ticket since the age of 6. That I’ve been to most away games for a few seasons now. And I’m sure you could demonstrate that you’ve also been going for over 40 years.

This isn’t an ‘I go to more games, therefore I’m more worthy’ post. And, of course, I don’t expect an owner to be a lifelong fan or any sort of fan at all. I just expect him to back up his statements with evidence, lest he be questioned for his honesty, particularly when he’s had history of being flexible with the truth

Did he ever have a season ticket? Did anyone ever see him at an away game? Money was clearly no object.

So let me get this straight, you are asking our owner who has put £150 million into the club to prove that he had a season ticket umpteen years ago because you don’t believe he did., and your justification is that you have had a season ticket since the age of 6, serious question was that the 2016/17 season?

Archived