Mel Morris

Mazzaram

I love the ignore button me, if you are an attention seeking twit who posts for effect, wallop, on ignore, likewise self promoters, straight on it, I don’t think of it as excluding stuff that upsets my sensibilities, it might be nice to have some sensibilities mind, it’s just like I wouldn’t watch on television programmes I have no time for, on here I don’t read posts from people I have no time for. 

Nothing deep or complicated. ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

What is being said that's so offensive that is forcing posters to use the Ignore button.

If it's that offensive then surely they would be banned outright so no need for an Ignore function 

Might be worth you checking why it grinds your gears that somebody might have you on ignore ,personaly I would prefer somebody had me on ignore if they found my posts upsetting,irritating or unpleasant as that’s the last thing I would want ,

if this post is not answered I will know everybody has me on ignore?

how good would it be if David were able to pull the data together and give us a league table of most ignored posters 

Mafia bob ,,, I have to say you are far fairer on the mel subject than you were at the start as you have said yourself and fair play for that mate ,

in answer to some mel stuff , I would not be up in arms about him if he wasn’t a fan as has been proposed derby fans would be were that not the case ,, I really don’t think he is doing a bad job as there really isn’t a sucesful business model for running a championship club with big fan base and high expectations and ambitions to get to and stay in the prem ,lets be honest you got to get lucky and or be very patient to get up without big spending and under clough and the Americans we saw the fans switching off , mel has a very expensive ,risky and often thankless task on his hands

I know it is a huge IF but let's say Mel hadn't bought out the US investors and Tom Glick was still around - would we be in the prem now with our Shaun Barker type signings? 

Or could we be in a similar position to Coventry, not knowing where we will be playing next season?

Not sure it really matters whether Mel has been watching the rams for 40 years, his commitment financially is unswerving and for that alone he should be applauded

We've all got things wrong. Game's so easy in hindsight the difference being that Mel and the club have to deal with the aftermath of their calls, good and bad whereas we can just sit on our sofas and critique his decisions already knowing the outcomes. 

That and the fact that it's cost him £160 mill so far mean that I've rather more time for Mel than some of the relentless naysayers on here, despite the fact that I agree that he's made some bad calls. 

The constant harping from some quarters would also be more palatable if those folk who do nothing but criticise the man were less inclined to play the victim when others fans take umbrage at their comments. Not sure why the negative few can claim their posts are just opinions but everyone else's are somehow not. If you dish it, expect a bit back I reckon.

14 minutes ago, 86 points said:

We've all got things wrong. Game's so easy in hindsight the difference being that Mel and the club have to deal with the aftermath of their calls, good and bad whereas we can just sit on our sofas and critique his decisions already knowing the outcomes. 

That and the fact that it's cost him £160 mill so far mean that I've rather more time for Mel than some of the relentless naysayers on here, despite the fact that I agree that he's made some bad calls. 

The constant harping from some quarters would also be more palatable if those folk who do nothing but criticise the man were less inclined to play the victim when others fans take umbrage at their comments. Not sure why the negative few can claim their posts are just opinions but everyone else's are somehow not. If you dish it, expect a bit back I reckon.

I bolded that bit, but that last paragraph is about as inaccurate about how I am as a person as you can possibly be.

Quite happy to be wrong, and being told so...... don’t think you’ll ever find me playing the victim ever, after probably playing that for a number of years in my life over a decade ago.

Think it’s pretty sweeping, generalistic paragraph that, it’s opinions..... nothing more 

And yes that’s my ego in play thinking your post was about myself ?

11 minutes ago, Archied said:

Mafia bob ,,, I have to say you are far fairer on the mel subject than you were at the start as you have said yourself and fair play for that mate ,

in answer to some mel stuff , I would not be up in arms about him if he wasn’t a fan as has been proposed derby fans would be were that not the case ,, I really don’t think he is doing a bad job as there really isn’t a sucesful business model for running a championship club with big fan base and high expectations and ambitions to get to and stay in the prem ,lets be honest you got to get lucky and or be very patient to get up without big spending and under clough and the Americans we saw the fans switching off , mel has a very expensive ,risky and often thankless task on his hands

Yes good points. He has put the investment in which is probably a far greater percentage of his personal wealth than owners many bigger clubs in the PL and Championship. Morris may not have got all the decisions right, but he has also been badly let down by some of the managers that he backed financially. 

26 minutes ago, 86 points said:

The constant harping from some quarters would also be more palatable if those folk who do nothing but criticise the man were less inclined to play the victim when others fans take umbrage at their comments. Not sure why the negative few can claim their posts are just opinions but everyone else's are somehow not. If you dish it, expect a bit back I reckon.

I wouldn't mind a bit back though if someone vehemently disagreed with my opinion that's the point - the path of least resistance when someone is unable to back up their own opinion is to put the other poster on Ignore

15 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think it’s pretty sweeping, generalistic paragraph that, it’s opinions..... nothing more 

And yes that’s my ego in play thinking your post was about myself ?

No more sweeping than a deal of the criticism levelled at the owner though, is it? 

As for your last point, is it ok if I take the fifth? 

I have never, ever even considered putting anyone on ignore. Dont get it.

I am also more likely to post if I read something that I think is total garbage than anything else....whole point of a forum.

As for Mel, he hasnt yet managed to get us into the Premier League, spending millions of his own cash, chasing a dream we all wish we could have. If people want to criticise that is totally their right but I can only see good in his intentions and think its incredibly harsh to question him in the manner some do.

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I wouldn't mind a bit back though if someone vehemently disagreed with my opinion that's the point - the path of least resistance when someone is unable to back up their own opinion is to put the other poster on Ignore

Or maybe they just haven't the time or inclination to engage in debate with those whose opinions are so rigid that it'd be like smacking their head against a wall trying to change them.

In either instance, it's the individual's call not that of the poster whose posts they're trying to avoid in the first place. I suspect plenty on here have me on ignore and that's their prerogative as far as I'm concerned. 

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

Or maybe they just haven't the time or inclination to engage in debate with those whose opinions are so rigid that it'd be like smacking their head against a wall trying to change them.

In either instance, it's the individual's call not that of the poster whose posts they're trying to avoid in the first place. I suspect plenty on here have me on ignore and that's their prerogative as far as I'm concerned. 

Maybe. Maybe not. Either way I do agree with you that it's their prerogative the same as it's my prerogative not to have any respect for said posters.

Which am sure they'll lose as much sleep over as myself being blocked by them in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Either way I do agree with you that it's their prerogative the same as it's my prerogative not to have any respect for said posters.

Which am sure they'll lose as much sleep over as myself being blocked by them in the first place.

Scarcely worth debating then ?

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

The ignore feature keeps @eddie sane.

Quoting a post won’t get around someone who has them on ignore seeing it either.

#superforum

I'm way past any chance of remaining sane. I've just spent the last 3 days sitting all day in the (near) perishing cold watching Derbyshire, with just the good company of The Memsahib and @sage to keep me in good spirits (and the occasional Belgian beer, purely for medicinal purposes). Tomorrow, I get to do it all over again.

I've not thawed out yet.

I periodically clear down my ignore list, but 6 months later, the same four or five posters always seem to have taken up residence there again.

4 hours ago, CROSSWORD said:

Does seem kind of pointless blocking people you disagree with on a fan forum.I enjoy the variety to be honest.

People get blocked because they deliberately aim to be aggravating. If it was purely about opinion that would be fine, but some just love to argue for arguments’ sake.

24 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm way past any chance of remaining sane. I've just spent the last 3 days sitting all day in the (near) perishing cold watching Derbyshire, with just the good company of The Memsahib and @sage to keep me in good spirits (and the occasional Belgian beer, purely for medicinal purposes). Tomorrow, I get to do it all over again.

I've not thawed out yet.

I periodically clear down my ignore list, but 6 months later, the same four or five posters always seem to have taken up residence there again.

I can’t believe I’m not on it tbh. ?

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I can’t believe I’m not on it tbh. ?

You need to take somebody's argument seriously first. Your only serious posts were about poo. ?

Archived