Rules you would change in football Mk2

sage

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, sage said:

I know this has been done before but what are peoples thoughts? Has VAR changed things, if it is rolled out will it lead to other changes?

I'd be pretty comfortable with VAR if they settle on showing it to the crowd, which they're about to trial in the FA Cup.

27 minutes ago, Spanish said:

as an old git I'd like throw ins taken legally and from the place they went out of play.  I guess there isn't a single one that meets this requirement, otherwise scrap it 

One thing that annoys me is that there are so many players that cannot take a throw in legally, and how often they get away with it. 

Introduce a club squad size cap of 58 registered players which covers the first team, U23s and U18s to prevent clubs stockpiling young talent. 

If you have no U18 team the number is reduced to 40.

Sith Happens

Scrap yellow cards for removing shirts when celebrating provided the shirt is kept hold of.

Time Limits on Goal Kicks.

Time Limits on Throw ins.

Sending offs for second yellow cards to be appealed in the same way as a straight red.

Stop all this giving decisions against derby balls, totally unfair rule that is?

In all seriousness, VAR has to be introduced into every major competition, far too often do incorrect decisions by refs lead to significant impacts on clubs such as relegations, missing out on playoffs, going out cups etc etc. 

More clarity on handball I believe is already coming in so that’s good, feel sometimes professional fouls that aren’t last man nessercerily should sometimes be red cards as well. 

55 minutes ago, sage said:

I know this has been done before but what are peoples thoughts? Has VAR changed things, if it is rolled out will it lead to other changes?

1: Only the captain can talk to the ref, instant booking for anything else.

2: Scrap added time, just have a stop clock on the scoreboard that the ref stops for injuries and substitutions plus obvious examples (crowd won't return the ball, dog on the pitch - ah, remember those). Everything else is within game play.

3: Offside only from the edge of the penalty box.

4: Penalties must be taken by the person who was awarded it.

5: No tactical substitutions after 85 mins. Maybe, to prevent fakery, anyone subbed after 85 mins can't then play the next game.

6: Transfer window applies to managers

3 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

"Yeah... No... Like I say... It was an accident... It wasn't my fault"

2: Scrap added time, just have a stop clock on the scoreboard that the ref stops for injuries and substitutions plus obvious examples (crowd won't return the ball, dog on the pitch - ah, remember those). Everything else is within game play.

Yep... Like that.

Yep... Like that.

If he's on a stretcher, can he use his hand?

5: No tactical substitutions after 85 mins. Maybe, to prevent fakery, anyone subbed after 85 mins can't then play the next game.

Ridiculous!

Initially thought that could work, but a manager who is trapped where he don't want to be is a hundred times more dangerous than a player in the same boat.  No... let 'em go!

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

ohh I like that one...

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ridiculous!

Why? How many games get impacted with the five minute walk to the edge of the pitch from the player who is obviously doing it for time. Kepa was the extreme example of where a tactical substitution ruined (well, actually didn't but you get my point) the end of a game but why shouldn't a team chasing a game be given every chance to have a go of it.

Initially thought that could work, but a manager who is trapped where he don't want to be is a hundred times more dangerous than a player in the same boat.  No... let 'em go!

Why any more or less than a player? Luton, Brentford and Molde are just three examples of teams who have had their season impacted because a bigger club has come in for their gaffer.

Also, while I'm at it - international managers should abide by the same rules as players. I absolutely don't get how England players need to show birth right yet for the manager, possibly the most influential member of the squad, they can be from Timbuktu as long as we can afford them. Bonkers mate!

40 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Point 1:  Totally agree on your comments re late subs/time-wasting, and in an ideal world, someone will come up with a suitable and appropriate punishment... BUT... Our star full back takes a knock on 96 mins, but has to carry on due to the new rules!  Had he took the knock two minutes earlier, we could have swapped him off, particularly as we need him for next weeks semifinal v Manure at Hillsborough.  All it needs is a 24 hour rest, and he'll be right as rain, but as he is forced to play on, their fresh winger (he came on at 94mins) absolutely skins him, and the best our full back can do is catch his ankles.  The resulting penalty gives our opponents a draw, which means we now can't finish top (and bang goes our chance of winning the double), and will have to settle for the almost-Champions League next season!

...Oh, and the extra five minutes he played on injured meant he missed that semi anyway... and you can guess the rest!

Like I say... Ridiculous!

Point 2:  A disgruntled player can fail to put in a biting tackle, or refuse to jump for what would otherwise be a clear header at an open goal.  What he cannot do, is ensure that other players follow suit.

A disgruntled manager could deny our star striker a start...AND... set the team up with what the rest of us know is our least effective midfield...AND... Play our third choice keeper between the sticks... AND... over exert the players during Friday's training session, so that not only are they are all knackered anyway, but our Captain Fantastic came off the training pitch with a pulled summat-or-other, meaning he's out for 4 weeks!  He can do a lot more damage than a single player.

Point 3:  Racist!   (Winky, PMSL, ROFL, Just Japes!)

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Point 1:  Totally agree on your comments re late subs/time-wasting, and in an ideal world, someone will come up with a suitable and appropriate punishment... BUT... Our star full back takes a knock on 96 mins, but has to carry on due to the new rules!  Had he took the knock two minutes earlier, we could have swapped him off, particularly as we need him for next weeks semifinal v Manure at Hillsborough.  All it needs is a 24 hour rest, and he'll be right as rain, but as he is forced to play on, their fresh winger (he came on at 94mins) absolutely skins him, and the best our full back can do is catch his ankles.  The resulting penalty gives our opponents a draw, which means we now can't finish top (and bang goes our chance of winning the double), and will have to settle for the almost-Champions League next season!

...Oh, and the extra five minutes he played on injured meant he missed that semi anyway... and you can guess the rest!

Like I say... Ridiculous!

Worth reading just for the dreamie thoughts of winning the double. I got a warm glow just thinking about it.

Point 2:  A disgruntled player can fail to put in a biting tackle, or refuse to jump for what would otherwise be a clear header at an open goal.  What he cannot do, is ensure that other players follow suit.

A disgruntled manager could deny our star striker a start...AND... set the team up with what the rest of us know is our least effective midfield...AND... Play our third choice keeper between the sticks... AND... over exert the players during Friday's training session, so that not only are they are all knackered anyway, but our Captain Fantastic came off the training pitch with a pulled summat-or-other, meaning he's out for 4 weeks!  He can do a lot more damage than a single player.

I was going to call you out for also being ridiculous and then I remembered Darren Moore at centre forward, just because that little odious git asked him to against Birmingham in 2007. Now you've made me unhappy all over again...

Point 3:  Racist!   (Winky, PMSL, ROFL, Just Japes!)

Actually, I'm just James McLean in disguise. Poppies, don't get me started......

4 hours ago, rynny said:

One thing that annoys me is that there are so many players that cannot take a throw in legally, and how often they get away with it. 

Thought I was losing the plot, well that’s still possible, but thank god someone else has noticed this. Throw ins are embarrassing, every ducking game I watch I’d say the vast majority are illegal. 

I would change the rule that no action can be taken against a player if they do something bad (eg make a bad tackle or stamp that deserves a long ban) because the officials saw it and took no action or because they mentioned it in their match report afterwards.

I think retrospective punishment should be allowed for these incidences too even if the player received a yellow card at the time but it’s worthy of a red card.

Also think cards should be revoked in the case of mistaken identity.

Retrospective action to be allowed even IF a ref sees it.

Daylight between players for them to be offside (How did we gain an advantage from Waghorn's heel being 1cm behind the Southampton lad's foot?). 

Refs mic'd up.

Managers allowed to ask the ref  (post match, after a cooling off period) about 1 incident each per game for an explanation which will be available to the public. 

Only captains are allowed to approach the ref for clarification about a decision.

Managers red carded for addressing the 4th official about anything other than substitutions etc. 

Lets get some common sense and respect back into the game. 

Archived