The Politics Thread 2019

Day

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Take that as a no then.

You do realise he was a successful business man before all of this.

That was until he had his 7 properties taken off him...

Where did his money come from and what successful businesses?

As far as I've read so far, he started his first "anti Islamic extremists" party when he was 21 in Luton? Am I wrong about that? 

Wasn't it the UPL (united people of Luton) that spawned the birth of the EDL? (english defence league). Did the money for his business or properties come from that?

I'm not asking that aggressively by the way, I just think we're in danger of "forgetting" the hatred he's clearly helped spread.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

As far as I've read so far, he started his first "anti Islamic extremists" party when he was 21 in Luton? Am I wrong about that? 

Wasn't it the UPL (united people of Luton) that spawned the birth of the EDL? (english defence league). Did the money for his business or properties come from that?

I'm not asking that aggressively by the way, I just think we're in danger of "forgetting" the hatred he's clearly helped spread.

Obviously only going from what TR has said here.

Ran a successful plumbing business and also had a tanning salon and 7 (I think) rental properties. 

Had all of his assets frozen for 'mortgage fraud'.

14 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I watched the Stacey Dooley video that was posted on here.

It was very illuminating. Steven Lennon as he was then did not come across as the most extreme in their views.

Each extreme view came over as mis interpretation or just a wild extrapolation from a quotable "soundbite".

But for each extreme view there were many more moderate ones. For example the Muslim lads who offered to read through a Koran with Steven Lennon and show that it did not say the things he was quoting. 

There is a big problem with extremism of all flavours. 

No easy solutions I fear. But some hope at least that toleration and common sense will ultimately prevail. 

On 25/05/2019 at 09:57, cstand said:

Freedom to spend our money on this country not other countries so we control our own fiances, army, borders etc so we don't end up paying for the people in the EU to retire earlier than us. 

I hardly think it's likely that the EU control your 'fiances' (sic) mate. Did they run off with Greek waiters or summat? Perhaps they were just not that into you? 

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I hardly think it's likely that the EU control your 'fiances' (sic) mate. Did they run off with Greek waiters or summat? Perhaps they were just not that into you? 

But it is a good point. The ECB is complicated, appointed and currently has a board they plan to dissolve when all member states take the Euro as their currency.

Won't be long before Blair Number 2 tries to sell the Euro back to us if we don't leave.

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

But it is a good point. The ECB is  complicated, appointed and currently has a board they plan to dissolve when all member states take the Euro as their currency.

Won't be long before Blair Number 2 tries to sell the Euro back to us if we don't leave.

Errrr, FIANCES (not finances) running off with Greek waiters. Adjust your sarcasm radar bud!  Most of my jokes are poo but this was some of my best work!

Oh never mind... ?

EDIT - See! G-Star got it loool

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

You do realise he was a successful business man before all of this.

Successful business men do not end up in jail for mortgage fraud.

Also another lie, he sold those 7 houses.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8604117/tommy-robinson-funded-politician-house-hot-tub/

But hey, its a red top comic, so use salt.

PS told you was about the money.

15 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Errrr, FIANCES (not finances) running off with Greek waiters. Adjust your sarcasm radar bud!  Most of my jokes are poo but this was some of my best work!

Oh never mind... ?

EDIT - See! G-Star got it loool

Nah I got it. Just been reading a lot about how much easier life would be for the ECB if we were in the Euro currency. And how they already have plans in place for everyone to be in the single currency. 

Saw my chance to get it in a conversation and took it ?

4 minutes ago, Norman said:

Nah I got it. Just been reading a lot about how much easier life would be for the ECB if we were in the Euro currency. And how they already have plans in place for everyone to be in the single currency. 

Saw my chance to get it in a conversation and took it ?

Tough crowd ☹️

18 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Successful business men do not end up in jail for mortgage fraud.

Also another lie, he sold those 7 houses.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8604117/tommy-robinson-funded-politician-house-hot-tub/

But hey, its a red top comic, so use salt.

PS told you was about the money.

Do you know what the mortgage fraud was? 

Most successful businessmen would not even have been in court for the 'offence' (please refer to the fraudulent expenses claims by politicians).

What was the lie?

21 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Tough crowd ☹️

I'm not myself. 

Need to go to bed early as we are leaving at 6.15am to get on the beer in London for 9am.

But not really functioning nevermind sleeping or joking around ?

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

I'm not myself. 

Need to go to bed early as we are leaving at 6.15am to get on the beer in London for 9am.

But not really functioning nevermind sleeping or joking around ?

Fair do's mate. Have a great day. Hope the lads do you and the rest of us proud ?

The tories will recover quicker than Labour.

Labour are finished under Corbyn, the man needs to step down. Problem is, someone of similar ilk will take over

18 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

The tories will recover quicker than Labour.

Labour are finished under Corbyn, the man needs to step down. Problem is, someone of similar ilk will take over

He has to back a people's vote (or remain) to survive this (or at least try to survive this). He's not going to do it, because if he was he would and should have done it months ago. Imagine the votes they would've got tonight if he did, all those lib dem and green votes.

12 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

He has to back a people's vote (or remain) to survive this (or at least try to survive this). He's not going to do it, because if he was he would and should have done it months ago. Imagine the votes they would've got tonight if he did, all those lib dem and green votes.

Stubborn and stuck in a time the UK has now forgot 

7 hours ago, LB_DCFC said:

Way i read it over the weekend, Corbyn and his high command are salivating at the thought of a hard Brexiteer being installed by the Tories and trying to push a no deal through. He seems to be calculating that he can then force a no confidence motion in the government and bring abot his long cherished general election.

Must be assuming Farages mob won't be a serious electoral threat in a GE.

But typical that despite all the earnest sounding words, his thinking is basic party politics.....

Archived