The Politics Thread 2019

David

Has anyone been watching the young uns as they've been interviewed talking about their climate change campaign across the globe today?

I'm aware they're going to look for the more intelligent to interview for Sky News but I'll tell you what, the little buggers speak more sense than anything I've heard coming from the "adults" these past few months.

I'd love to do a referendum of 15 and 16 year olds and see how they would handle brexit.

Anyone up for a Bugsy Malone style world where the kids are in charge? 

You cudda been anything that yer wanted to be ?

Maybe Whitney H was spot on.

Teach them well and let them lead the way.

Having said that, the work shy little bar stewards were on strike. If I was in charge I'd have waded in with truncheons and water cannons, that'll teach the little poops to skip maths and RE ?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Monty said:

I don't think I've referred to or implied any political viewpoint you may hold in any post just comparing the voting rights for both leaders of the major parties 

As you have correctly point out both parties give their members the opportunity to vote for a new leader. But only one of these party leaders automatically becomes the nations PM.

So while the election of Corbyn and the next Tory leader may be similar in there process, the resulting outcomes are very different in the affect they have on the nation.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Can we get to vote for the royalty?

If we have to have a new king. Can it be Harry as I don't want his 'dad', old jug ears or his Villa loving git of a brother.

Well, in a widely-publicised speech from the turn of the century (now, sadly, long-forgotten by the hysterical blue-rinse tabloids), Brenda said that she envisaged a future for Britain of '...greater integration' with Europe. Does this mean that Brexiteers don't support the Monarchy any more?

Watching someone called Helen whately trying to defend and explain the Tory leadership election. 

And also mark Francois explaining why he regarded anyone who folded and supported the deal as being somehow impure. And actually said she entered into negotiations with marxists. 

Its absolutely ghastly.  But riveting inasmuch as i hope they all tear each other to pieces. 

Who's with me for a bit of good old fashioned centrist tolerance?

?

20 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Watching someone called Helen whately trying to defend and explain the Tory leadership election. 

And also mark Francois explaining why he regarded anyone who folded and supported the deal as being somehow impure. And actually said she entered into negotiations with marxists. 

Its absolutely ghastly.  But riveting inasmuch as i hope they all tear each other to pieces. 

Who's with me for a bit of good old fashioned centrist tolerance?

?

Yep. Proportional representation and consensus politics for me every time. Sod minority cartels - because that's where were are now. A rump of extremists are driving the Tory party further to the right, and in the process they are 'normalising' confrontation politics.

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yep. Proportional representation and consensus politics for me every time. Sod minority cartels - because that's where were are now. A rump of extremists are driving the Tory party further to the right, and in the process they are 'normalising' confrontation politics.

Absolutely. 

We've temporarily lost the capacity to smile gently, allow a few folk to rant a bit, but then to get on with looking out for ourselves and being compassionate/helpful to those we come across who are in real need.

As a nation I believe we have many characteristics to be very proud of. If only those we put into power actually exhibited some of those....

Anyway- UTR ???

I'm risking a fair few of you falling out with me here. I know the lads who will read this and think christ how can he say it, how can he be so stupid.

I'm frightened for thinking this and frightened forum posters will lose respect.

I've spent a lot of hours watching videos with people and groups in it I wouldn't have given the steam off my poo to.

I've certainly been clear though where I stand on racism, I can't be accused of that and please don't. I'm not.

I've just watched a video about a rally in Oldham. There are issues that need to be discussed, there is a problem. Who started it and who is the root cause of it doesn't even really matter. There is a problem.

What were the intentions of the rally from TR's side I don't know yet, what was said at the rally by TR I don't know yet but I've just watched something with my own eyes that is unforgivable, unexplainable and it definitely happened. It's not one sided propaganda. I saw it happen.

I won't link or say any more on the subject on here again but feel free to google and use you own judgement.

Don't lose the plot with me and remember the kind of lad I am in general and usually.

@G STAR RAM, I owe your last post where you made that list of points more time, more research and more respect. I still feel sick and I'm still struggling to get my head around a lot, it's a lot to read up on.

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm risking a fair few of you falling out with me here. I know the lads who will read this and think christ how can he say it, how can he be so stupid.

I'm frightened for thinking this and frightened forum posters will lose respect.

I've spent a lot of hours watching videos with people and groups in it I wouldn't have given the steam off my poo to.

I've certainly been clear though where I stand on racism, I can't be accused of that and please don't. I'm not.

I've just watched a video about a rally in Oldham. There are issues that need to be discussed, there is a problem. Who started it and who is the root cause of it doesn't even really matter. There is a problem.

What were the intentions of the rally from TR's side I don't know yet, what was said at the rally by TR I don't know yet but I've just watched something with my own eyes that is unforgivable, unexplainable and it definitely happened. It's not one sided propaganda. I saw it happen.

I won't link or say any more on the subject on here again but feel free to google and use you own judgement.

Don't lose the plot with me and remember the kind of lad I am in general and usually.

@G STAR RAM, I owe your last post where you made that list of points more time, more research and more respect. I still feel sick and I'm still struggling to get my head around a lot, it's a lot to read up on.

Fair play to you for doing it.

There's too many who are just happy to take at face value the stuff they are force fed by the media.

I believe there are some deep underlying reasons why the establishment want to shut TR down. 

If he is inciting racial hatred it would be easy to have him arrested.

My position is not really support for TR, more against the establishment. 

I've done a lot of research and I think people would be surprised if they did the same. 

The Stacey Dooley return to Luton video was a real eye opener for me.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Fair play to you for doing it.

My position is not really support for TR, more against the establishment.

This is my position as well, I think he causes more harm than does good but there is very definitely an elite/media agenda against him and his 'followers' whom they are more than happy to silence and slander whilst at the same time outright lying about him - thats a scary abuse of power that should be kept in check.

19 minutes ago, cstand said:

Just for the remainers

Stop deluding yourself that we voted to leave the EU due to TR.  

So why did you vote leave? What benefits are you expecting?

I'm not, just posting counter opinion.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you work for free?

Yes.  Do you?

17 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

So why did you vote leave? What benefits are you expecting?

I'm not, just posting counter opinion.

Yes.  Do you?

Freedom to spend our money on this country not other countries so we control our own fiances, army, borders etc so we don't end up paying for the people in the EU to retire earlier than us. 

49 minutes ago, maxjam said:

there is very definitely an elite/media agenda against him and his 'followers' whom they are more than happy to silence and slander whilst at the same time outright lying about him - thats a scary abuse of power that should be kept in check.

Funnily enough you could read your words and apply the exact same statement to Jeremy Corbyn don't you think?

18 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Was going to give one of these ? as it was so funny. But because so many people have been duped into believing the lies told by our  politicians that there'll be convinced this is true. It as to be one of these?.

Again, you Remoaners have got it all wrong ... wrong-diddly-wrong-wrong-wrong!!!!

The bus told me we will have an extra £350 million a week for the NHS and doing an AMMMMMMAAAAZZZZING trade deal with the EU, basically giving us absolutely everything we have ever wanted ever ever ever, will be a cinch. In fact, it will only take a couple of days and will most likely be completed on the back of a fag packet.

The EU  are desperate for our cash, ever since Mr Cameron meteorically rebuilt the economy after the crash of 2008 (caused by Brown overspending on Haggis) and turned us into the wealthiest nation in the world.

You yellow-bellied pinko snowflake wine-guzzling Remain traitors have got it so so wrong.

If we don't get we want, then, by Jingo, we will send the Royal Navy down the Trent and up the Seine to bombard Brussels until they bend to our will.

4 minutes ago, cstand said:

Freedom to spend our money on this country not other countries so we control our own fiances, army, borders etc so we don't end up paying for the people in the EU to retire earlier than us. 

You do know that we massively rely on imports?  The EU has negotiated and created virtually tariff free trading with all the major markets throughout the world.  Outside of the EU we will pay tariffs, they will be more than what we pay now.

We do control our finances.

https://www.ft.com/content/29b8c67a-3a12-11e9-b72b-2c7f526ca5d0

Our depleted forces are no longer a player in the world stage, you can thank the tories for that.  We built two aircraft carriers that have no planes and won't be operation for a decade, because we have no Navel forces skilled to man them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/14/cuts-have-left-army-20-years-date-forces-not-fit-purpose/

Borders will be shredded.  France will let the cordon at Calais go, I take it you have seen the camps of people trying to get in the UK?

The retirement argument is the an utter non-starter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retirement_in_Europe

But please carry on listening to unicorns.

1 hour ago, cstand said:

Just for the remainers

Stop deluding yourself that we voted to leave the EU due to TR.  

I don't think that you did.

I think that you voted to leave because you wanted somebody to blame other than yourself.

Archived