Extended contract for Huddz

Animal is a Ram

5 hours ago, Taribo said:

Old, Dud, Crock and Naive you mean?

You are fat Kenny Burns and I claim my fiver now.

fat kenny.jpg

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Yep its good news. I would prefer a fit George Thorne but sadly the chances of me finding margot robbie naked in my shower seem to be higher than that. ?

Asked for you mate but as you can tell, she's not wild about the idea. Prefers baths for starters. Soz bud. 

margot.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

Club website says it was an automatic extension based on appearances. 

Can't be a surprise to anyone (at the club) in that case. I like Tom well enough but don't see him as the answer beyond this season. Hope he helps get us up. But either way I'd be happy for him to leave in the summer. 

On his day he certainly looks the part as we attempt to play out in a controlled fashion. But there are many days when he goes sidewards and backwards and induces a collective hypnotic doziness on everyone in attendance.

He helps with the blend. But it looks like there is absolutely no fire in his belly, no will to win, no competitive edge, no crunching tackle. I guess we'll just have to get that from the others.

Thudd plays like he’d be amazing at chess but not great at hungry hippos.

We’re desperate for a David Batty / Lee Carsley type - whom were both amazing at owd hippos. Apparently.

FLamps should be straight on the phone to Hasbro to sort one out for the next pre season and transfer window.

I don't think the club had a say in it really. Just like Bent a couple of years ago it's Tom's appearances which have kicked in the extra year. This makes a mockery of the word 'option' in his contract.

As much as I like Tom I'm disappointed with this. I was finally hoping that we'd bite the bullet & have a mass clear out at the end of the season. For me Tom is not is the answer. In fact, like many others, he's actually part of the problem

21 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

I love all the comments about his contract and what it will "probably" be now...… not one person on this forum (with the exception of Mad Mel-and he probably doesn't know) has the tiniest of clue what Huddlestones contract used to be, is now or will be in the future, not the tiniest of clue......

It's par for the course, but they still don't get it!

Mixed feelings for me. I have always liked Tom, terrific passer of the ball, but it would have been nice to have him back here a bit earlier in his career. He is a bit slow against some of the 'busier' championship midfields and gets caught with the ball. I guess all things considered, it's best to keep Tom, as we won't be able to sign a quality midfielder to replace him, as we head into austerity. 

On 21/03/2019 at 17:31, reveldevil said:

Don't forget it's a short career too.

They couldn't possibly be expected to earn a wage once they've retired in their mid 30's, by changing jobs etc.

This is possibly the worst argument we use to justify such high wages. Not aimed at you specifically @reveldevil

I'm of an age where I would be choosing to either become a pundit, or a coach (or have one last swansong season). If I earned a quarter of what the average player does, I'd have several financial vehicles to live on until the day I die.

Buy a few houses, invest in low risk stocks, open several restaurants, put my name to a summer coaching school, anything that will bring in some money. Several sources of income, it's easy.

Of course, the average footballer wastes it on watches, cars, and strip clubs. 

5 minutes ago, Ramchop said:

This is possibly the worst argument we use to justify such high wages. Not aimed at you specifically @reveldevil

I'm of an age where I would be choosing to either become a pundit, or a coach (or have one last swansong season). If I earned a quarter of what the average player does, I'd have several financial vehicles to live on until the day I die.

Buy a few houses, invest in low risk stocks, open several restaurants, put my name to a summer coaching school, anything that will bring in some money. Several sources of income, it's easy.

Of course, the average footballer wastes it on watches, cars, and strip clubs. 

That's what I'd do too.

My point is more that footballers today are incredibly lucky to be paid so much, and.its gone to their heads.

All time legends of the past were accepting enough to know that come the end of their playing days, they'd have to start a business or get a job to fund the next 40 years of their lives, yet that seems poison to today's lot.

We live in uncertain times, where most people will turn their hand to many trades throughout their lifetime, yet footballers seem to think it doesn't apply to them.

George pub, Hector postman, Davies Rolls etc etc.

Archived