Extended contract for Huddz

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

This all depends on his wages demands for me

It was an optional year which could be added on to the existing deal. Wages will be unchanged.

Considering we will now have Huddlestone, Evans, Thorne and Bird for the DM role(s) for next season, it's unlikely we'll get another in without one going out.

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

It was an optional year which could be added on to the existing deal. Wages will be unchanged.

Considering we will now have Huddlestone, Evans, Thorne and Bird for the DM role(s) for next season, it's unlikely we'll get another in without one going out.

Have been reading Simon Jordan’s auto recently and he mentions in it how agents like to put in incremental rises in wages spread across the lengths of the contract. Jacob Butterfield is no doubt earning a lot more now than when he first signed!

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Have been reading Simon Jordan’s auto recently and he mentions in it how agents like to put in incremental rises in wages spread across the lengths of the contract. Jacob Butterfield is no doubt earning a lot more now than when he first signed!

Say what you like about the guy, but that book really is eye-opening when considering what running a football club is really like.

Still best cdm in the division imo, played around the right players in a team regularly. Chopping and changing have hindered him this season as he hasn’t been consistently starting imo. Still been far better than anyone else in that role in our team mind.

Would be pretty much impossible to replace at the same level as him so delighted myself. Similar to @BurtonRam7 hes been my favourite player since he returned, only now being challenged by the little terrier of Holmes 

I love all the comments about his contract and what it will "probably" be now...… not one person on this forum (with the exception of Mad Mel-and he probably doesn't know) has the tiniest of clue what Huddlestones contract used to be, is now or will be in the future, not the tiniest of clue......

Not a bad signing, nothing to get excited about though.

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Old, Dud, Crock and Naive you mean?

Going to be a controversial opinion but not so pleased with this. He's on such high wages and seems like a clause rather than Frank's choice to extend it. He's a good player obviously, but if we're seeking to bring down the age and wage expenditure then this would be one you'd get rid of. Maybe all this means is we get a bit of money for him in summer from an Italian team, rather than his value counting against our FFP when he gets released. 

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

Going to be a controversial opinion but not so pleased with this. He's on such high wages and seems like a clause rather than Frank's choice to extend it. He's a good player obviously, but if we're seeking to bring down the age and wage expenditure then this would be one you'd get rid of. Maybe all this means is we get a bit of money for him in summer from an Italian team, rather than his value counting against our FFP when he gets released. 

How do you know?

Just now, ossieram said:

How do you know?

It was reported when he signed that he was our new highest earner at the time. Also had been on a premier league contract the year before. I'm not claiming to know his exact earnings but its really not hard to find out that he's earning more than the average at our club, i find all this "how does anyone know what he's earning" talk quite ridiculous to be honest. 

Hopefully means we will get a small fee for him in the summer, absolutely loved him in his first stint with us and was delighted when he re-signed for us. However, this season he has been poor, with the players round him he should thrive in the role picking those in front of him with his range of passes, it just seems he is in need of calibration. I was on the fence about him staying or going but the nail in the coffin for me was when he could not win a header against Barry Bannan. For his size he is far too lightweight. Thanks for the memories THudd and enjoy Serie A.

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

It was reported when he signed that he was our new highest earner at the time. Also had been on a premier league contract the year before. I'm not claiming to know his exact earnings but its really not hard to find out that he's earning more than the average at our club, i find all this "how does anyone know what he's earning" talk quite ridiculous to be honest. 

Reported by who? The club didn't make that statement and neither did Hudds.

You might find it ridiculous, but it's not half as ridiculous as people posting speculation as a fact.

Archived