Scott Malone

Sheikh n Bake

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

2nd goal - Tomori looks over his shoulder as he sees Cole no where near his man and feels obliged to cover. Which in turn, gets caught out himself.

Brentfords second goal was Coles fault? You are clutching, its a break through midfield which Tomori gets himself pulled out of position for, if he was covering for anyone it would be our midfield. The final shot comes in from our right back position and it looks to me like both Keogh and Tomori could have done better.

Never once was that break Cole's to defend, had he got involved he would have been massively out of position.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

70 mins against Brentford, drew 3-3 (all 3 goals conceded in his 70mins)

One of which you have explained how you see Cole being at fault for, but what about the other two?

25 minutes ago, David said:

Can you walk us through each goal and tell us how Cole was responsible for each one?

It's not Cole's fault directly. It's the effect he has on the psychology of the other defenders. When Malone's on the pitch, this is what's happening in the heads of his teammates...

Screenshot_20190407-163204_Chrome.thumb.jpg.174c43efe6d160853f2cbc6011953f6f.jpg

20190407_163408.thumb.jpg.edfc27a87a5c052bda565b32615ba2ff.jpg

Whereas when Cole is on the pitch, this is what they're thinking about...

1677122679_giphy(2).gif.2037b79d4717a18dfd24e71a86d6c3c4.gif

58 minutes ago, David said:

One of which you have explained how you see Cole being at fault for, but what about the other two?

Please highlight where he has added value to the team in all of his appearances? The results say otherwise. 

This isn't meant to turn into an anti Ashley Cole thread, as im happy that he has been bought in as back up. But there's so many Derby fans out there that don't rate Malone, but the stats don't lie.

He's by far the most underrated Derby player we have. 

3 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Please highlight where he has added value to the team in all of his appearances? The results say otherwise. 

This isn't meant to turn into an anti Ashley Cole thread, as im happy that he has been bought in as back up. But there's so many Derby fans out there that don't rate Malone, but the stats don't lie.

He's by far the most underrated Derby player we have. 

I was just trying to figure out how you see him being at fault for the goals yesterday with your thanks Ashley Cole post. 

Sith Happens
17 hours ago, Boycie said:

Word on the street is he will probably be out for two weeks.

Which Street?  I just been outside to ask and edna from number 6 dont know anything.

I really like Scott Malone. He doesn't look flashy (anything but ) but he gets about the pitch, makes himself an outlet and his crossing for a Derby player is pretty damned good. He's got a battlers attitude as well.

On 07/04/2019 at 16:21, Nick_Ram said:

Figures below are all since the start of Feb. Feel free to believe its just a coincidence if you like.

Cole

45 mins against Villa in which we conceded all 4

90 mins against Forest and lost 1-0

Played 73 mins against Millwall in which we lost 1-0

Malone

Rotherham 6-1 win (Malone started)

Stoke 0-0

Sheff Wed 1-1

Wigan 2-1 win

Ipswich 1-1

Hull 2-0 win

PNE 0-0

Fair's fair. He played a bit v Brighton and scored one, so you should knock that off his net score ?

Just another quick update to those who don't rate Malone.

Cole

45 mins against Villa in which we conceded all 4 (lost}

90 mins against Forest and lost 1-0

Played 73 mins against Millwall in which we lost 1-0

2-0 Defeat to Blackburn

Malone

Rotherham 6-1 win (Malone started)

Stoke 0-0

Sheff Wed 1-1

Wigan 2-1 win

Ipswich 1-1

Hull 2-0 win

PNE 0-0

@Nick_Ram... Malone is still an awful defender though. He has no positional sense, but I do rate him as a left-sided midfielder.

Cole is just past it I'm afraid and the gamble on him has failed.

14 minutes ago, KCG said:

@Nick_Ram... Malone is still an awful defender though. He has no positional sense, but I do rate him as a left-sided midfielder.

Cole is just past it I'm afraid and the gamble on him has failed.

This is the reason I created this post....

"An awful defender'

He's such a valuable asset! A 6'2 LB who offers us better more options defensively and offensively at set pieces. Offers a great threat going forward,  always available as an outlet and offers the team width. He brings much more balance to the team overall.

7 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

This is the reason I created this post....

"An awful defender'

He's such a valuable asset! A 6'2 LB who offers us better more options defensively and offensively at set pieces. Offers a great threat going forward,  always available as an outlet and offers the team width. He brings much more balance to the team overall.

If only he could defend - he's so good Fozzie kept him out...

image.png.25c0b24f277cb9485d317e4ff4a98dfd.png

Having him in the team where he has started games, us fans rated the performances on average at 6.69. Without him we only rate our performances at 6.45.

Looking at the games he's started this season, the only bad results we've had all season is home against Millwall (despite being subbed at HT) and away at Stoke.

Archived